are you a towel hanging out the back pocket guy? I admit I am

I carry a towel with me, almost like a security blanket, on every hole. Never have it hanging out of my back pocket though. That's where my glove goes when chipping and putting.

No towel hanging out of my pocket for me. I actually hate stuff in my pockets that I can feel.

Towel on bag or on cart. Not on my person. My pockets are full already - spare ball; Chapstick, tees & ball marker; glove; scorecard and pin sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do what you do. Don't worry about what others think.

Also from listening to the way you describe you use it. It sounds like it's almost part of your pre shot routine, which comforts you. Nothing wrong with thst.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
What he said.

I don't think anyone called you out for the towel and so what if they do. Sport what ever you want and if peeps want to look down, that's on them. At least you color coordinate and done use the towels that hang from ball washers, green and white checkered. You rock your towel and I'll rock my high tops.
What he said as well. Except for maybe the high tops part. (I keed, I keed.)

No towel hanging out of my pocket for me. I actually hate stuff in my pockets that I can feel.
I'm with you on this. A ball, 3 tees, and a ball marker of some for are all I can handle. Other stuff throws my gyroscope all outta whack.

Nope. I rarely carry a towel to the green with me.

funny, but aside from my rear mounted OCD pocket towel I also dont like too much stuff nor bulky pockets either. Not liking bulky pockets is also why I like (when wearing long pants) for them to be loose. I don't know how some wear skinny type pants where having a quarter in your pocket can be seen from 10 yards away. But more than that I don't how one can freely move in anything less than relaxed fit pants.

Last edited:
Nope. I don't carry the little "clicker" on my belt to keep track of my scores either. I do carry about 8 towels though ... cause in the summer I sweat like no one's business.

I carry a towel to the green but not in my pocket. I play with a guy at work sometimes and he keeps one in his back pocket. He shoots in the low 70's so I thought about doing the same thing!

I have 2 towels on my bag..and a micro fiber wash cloth sized towel that i carry with me and throw around the cart...

The other day I realized why more than anything I do this. When I take a practice swing prior to most shots it often may tend to catch some grass or dirt and sometimes even wet clump of muddy grass whatever on the face and so I reach over with my hand and with my fingers to wipe it clean before then making my stroke. So then I also reach around and wipe my fingers of the dirt or mud on the towel before regripping my club for the strike with a clean hand.

I carry towels, but not in my pocket. I do carry one to the green.

I'm trying to think if I do this or not. I know for a fact that I have a towel (an orange Cleveland Browns) that I take off my bag at the start of a round and it goes into the front of the cart with me. I know it goes in my back pocket from time to time, but I generally drop it on the ground before I hit. But sometimes I know it stays in my pocket from time to time.

I used to try and carry a smaller towel with me but always ended up losing them. So I just stick to the big ones now. Usually one that's half wet for cleaning that I will carry with me to the green, and another one for sweat, rain, whatever.

Nope not for me, never had my towel in my pocket. I keep mine on my bag.

Nope not for me, never had my towel in my pocket. I keep mine on my bag.

I'm with you on this one...I might have 3 towels on my bag... but never on me

Negative ghost rider.

Oh god please NO. No to iron covers. The most tacky jeans with towel attached to belt. When I see I towel attached to hip, my only thought is you are a douchebag

Oh god please NO. No to iron covers. The most tacky jeans with towel attached to belt. When I see I towel attached to hip, my only thought is you are a douchebag

Not my thing, but I could care less what others uses. I have played many rounds with people using iron covers and a towel on their person and have not found there level of douchbaggery to be related to either.

Nope...I have a towel on the side of the bag with one half wet. I carry that to the green with me but never does it go in my pocket.

well, isn't this just wonderful.

let me ask some of you though.
If you need to clear you iron head of clump of dirt or grass from your practice swing just prior to your real swing, what do you do?

I'll stick my greenside towel in my back pocket while I putt if I can't toss it somewhere convenient, but I don't keep it there.

let me ask some of you though.
If you need to clear you iron head of clump of dirt or grass from your practice swing just prior to your real swing, what do you do?

I don't usually get that much mud here in California, but I am usually walking and have 2 towels on my push cart that I can use to clean fairly quickly.

Around the green I usually take a towel with me to clean to my ball off and then to put a wedge on if I brought it with me too the green.

I get why people would do it, I just don't have room and with my push cart I always have a towel within a couple steps at most. Have my glove back left pocket, scorecard/yardage book holder back right, divot tool/ball marker front right and my Iphone in front left.

To each there own.

Back