are you a towel hanging out the back pocket guy? I admit I am

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I try to color match it so it doesn't look so bad..lol..but
I don't have it there because I am a greens ball cleaning fanatic at all. Actually I don't clean on the green much at all unless its real dirty or a clump of mud is on it. In fact I usually don't even pick up my ball unless its in someone's way.

My towel is hanging there for a bit of a different reason. The main reason I hang the towel there is for reaching around with my bare right hands fingers. Removing sweat or moisture and/or dirt from my bare hand or really more so the fingers to be more specific. It bothers me not to have clean and dry fingers to swing with and without the towel being there and ready the next best move is only to then use the pant/shorts leg and that I hate to do. I see so many people use the pant/short leg before every shot and Im just not a fan of that. So the towel stays hanging out the right rear pocket and is usually there to take a swipe from my bare hands fingers anytime I want.

only an occasional greens ball wipe and sometimes a ball wipe as I make way to the next tee. But never does the towel come out. I just reach around and use it hanging from the pocket. I'll even grab and wipe the fingers on it while walking to my next shot. Imo its a time saver and a useful tool hanging ready for what I like to use it for whenever I want to. Perhaps some don't like the look but if that's the worst thing I do than so be it. Its better than having to walk over to my bag every time I want to wipe my fingers and then getting pace looks..lol. Also better imo than using my pant leg.

Nope. I have a towel on either side of my bag, one for hands/face other for ball/clubs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No......just no.

Well maybe....if I'm detailing my car.

Nope. One manky towel hanging on my bag, that's it.

No, I typically lay my ball towel on the green, not in my pocket!

Not me. Keep it hanging from my bag, or one on the side of the cart if I'm riding.

nope. have a wet towel on the cart and thats it. actually i did buy one of those ball cleaners that fit in your pocket from amazon

Nope, I have my hand towel in the cart and that is where it stays.

Towel in the pocket may classify you as a golfing nerd...kind of like the duct tape in the middle of the glasses. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Not on the course.

Towel? What are those?

j/k while I do not carry a towel I probably should. By the time I get my ball on the putting surface its been a journey, and not a journey that necessarily followed the course design and fairways. I should clean not only my golf ball, but my club face a lot more than I do.

Every time a see a towel guy/gal I am a jealous ...

Nope. My towel hangs on the bag and gets used mostly for wiping off my clubs after each shot. I don't worry about a little grunge on the ball as long as there aren't any chunks that would affect the roll. I clean the ball on the way to or at the next tee.

I sometimes remember to wet my Ballzee and put in in my pocket. (mine is an older version of this, but works the same)

I keep a blue flag hangin' out my backside, but only on the left side.

I'm not. I have a towel on my bag I keep half wet while playing for ball/club cleaning.

I will do it, but only in the morning when it's wet, or if it a raining. I keep a small washcloth in the car and I'll put it in the cart. So when I'm on the green I can wipe off the ball and keep my hands dry. Usually I'll just put it in a pocket. Once I get back to the cart I'll take it out though.

I manage to loose my towel every 3 or 4 rounds no matter where I keep it.

No sir, I keep one hanging on my bag and use that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes I have two one blue one red small ones. Otherwise I grab my towel from my cart bag.

I also keep another hanging from my bag too which is mostly used for my clubs and hanging right next to it is my club brush. Of course that towel gets too dirty for my hands and also isn't washed much at all vs the ones I keep in my pocket. I also always have another clean full size towel in my bag just for an "in case" needed situation. The only time that one may get some use is in the rain. Or on occasion its far too hot and humid and need to wipe my face and head. Otherwise its just one of those "hey, ya never know" type of things kind of like the old Mother's saying of- "make sure you have clean underwear on in case you have an accident" lol

To be honest I havnt seen but only a few others ever carry one hanging out their back pocket. But every time I see someone carrying one on the green or running back to get one or running back to the green because they forgot it and/or especially when i see another wiping their hand on their pants/shorts before every swing I am glad I have my hand dandy towel hanging out my back pocket.

Back left pocket - wallet;back right - glove when putting. One towel on the bag for cleaning and another in the bag if I ned drying.

I don't like the look of the towel in the pocket.

so I must wonder, how many of you (and perhaps through habit don't even realize) end up giving your hand/fingers a swipe on the pants/shots leg before every shot? I mean even pressing the tee and teeing the ball imo often leaves a need to wipe the fingers a tad before gripping the club. Imo the leg of your shorts is not for that nor should it be.

Nope. 2 hanging on my bag (1 to clean clubs, 1 to dry hands) and 1 loose one draped over the handle of my ClicGear which I take on the green with me in the heat.

I keep one of those mini club glove towels in pocket, but I keep it folded up like a gentleman :wink:

I keep one of those mini club glove towels in pocket, but I keep it folded up like a gentleman :wink:

I am quite the gentleman with good etiquette practices and also always in the proper golf attire. No I dodnt take offense to your post so don't worry. But I even try to match color if I can. But I view this sort of the same way I view the glove hanging out the rear pocket. I view it as a tool of the trade and is how I use it. I might be a bit OCD with the need to wipe my bare hands fingers before grabbing the club and also afterwards but none the less its imo a tool.

Back