St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

That would be fun to watch! It would make for a really good live update #THPCallout thread too.

Might be difficult on sat since we are doing a shamble.. Most of the call outs have been match play. But it sounds like quite a few are playing sunday!

Might be difficult on sat since we are doing a shamble.. Most of the call outs have been match play. But it sounds like quite a few are playing sunday!
What's a shamble again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I will not be able to attend after all.

Is shamble a for sure thing? If we played our own ball I just might challenge wubears to a longest drive off each tee. He hits his 5 iron, I use driver, and I move up a tee box. (I'm only half kidding) Dang you are looong Tim!

What's a shamble again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

From my understanding, both players from each team hit a tee shot and then they each play their own ball from the best tee shot. Then they take the best score between the two of them.

I know it was talked about because of the native grass. But since its been burned it might not be too bad when we play. I personally do not care what we play. It will be a good time regardless.

I know it was talked about because of the native grass. But since its been burned it might not be too bad when we play. I personally do not care what we play. It will be a good time regardless.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm just ready to play some golf THP style! If everyone just want to play there own ball, we can do that too. It would make it easy to do some #THPCallout action...

We could still do 2 man best ball. Everyone still plays their own ball and still have a fun team atmosphere.

My recommendation is 2 man best ball shamble. Each hits a drive and then you and your partner play the best drive. From there it's your own ball and the best score between the two is the team hole score.

Gateway can be very punishing with stray drives so having the opportunity to shamble will make things fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My recommendation is 2 man best ball shamble. Each hits a drive and then you and your partner play the best drive. From there it's your own ball and the best score between the two is the team hole score.

Gateway can be very punishing with stray drives so having the opportunity to shamble will make things fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since it's your home course, I think I'll stick with your recommendation. Thanks!

I'm game for whatever, just looking forward to getting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever works for me. Just looking forward to playing with you fellows

Got out today for the first time in a few weeks (due to the thumb injury). I'm a little sore but hit the ball really well today.

If the native grass is back a shamble will help us keep it fun and keep it moving along too. wubears71 knows the course much better than I do but I know I put a few tee shots into that grass last time I played there.

Glad you were able to get out! Hope the thumb gets to feeling better!

Going to bump this up to see if we can get some more interest.

Good call LSMO. I'm day to day with the thumb. Thinking it's tendinitis but not sure. Played a round yesterday and it's swollen again today. Getting old sucks ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if the first post is still correct on the count? It sounded like a couple folks dropped out.

I've updated the OP and we have 11. If you are on the list and won't be there, post here and I will remove you. If you are not on the list and want to join us post here too. I want to get the list finalized by April 8 in case we need to add another tee time.

In
wubears71

Daddio
so-illhacker
LSMO
hammer84
Hunter57
Zenger
Zenger guest
adamw238
mr3putt

I know we talked about Shamble format plus handicap. I will need everyone's handicap to make that work. I will make up scorecards with dots once we get everyone's handicap.

If there is anyone in particular you want to play with let me know. Otherwise, I'll just randomly assign the teams and tee times.

This will be fun!!! The course looks freaking amazing right now.

EDIT - There is a good chance we will have an odd number of people. Why don't we just play our own ball but still take handicaps into account for bragging rights. I will even have a prize for 1st, 2nd and last place! Also this will give us a chance to do callouts if you so choose.

Thanks for coordinating wubears71! My current handicap is 16.

I'm pretty sure adamw is out also. This sounds amazing and hopefully I can get in a couple more rounds before April 8th and get my cap squared away. I'm freaking pumped man!!!

I'm pretty sure adamw is out also. This sounds amazing and hopefully I can get in a couple more rounds before April 8th and get my cap squared away. I'm freaking pumped man!!!

Do we have a revised list for Sunday AM too?

Do we have a revised list for Sunday AM too?

Same group as before minus Rambler and Adam, haven't heard from the maybes. How about a head count for Sunday everyone?

Sunday round confirmations
so-illhacker
Hunter57
mr3putt

Back