Blast Motion Golf

slimjim32

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought the Blast Motion golf sensor last week to use with my putter. Seems like it will give some good metrics for a putting stroke. I've seen that there are a couple of coaches that use it to help dial in a players putting stroke. Looking forward to trying it.

Anyone here ever used it before? Any insight you wish you knew prior to use? Is the paid subscription worth the upgrade?

I’ve put thousands of putts on my sensor and it’s great if you are going to actually use the data. I’ve wasted a lot of time not knowing how to work with the data.

I can’t comment on premium features - I’ve never used them.

Also, I’m almost positive we have another thread with some good information on it

One of these arrived yesterday for review. Pretty excited to dive into it.

One of these arrived yesterday for review. Pretty excited to dive into it.

No lie, the info it gives out is really cool. I’ve only used it for putting and will start going mad trying to “perfect” my numbers.

No lie, the info it gives out is really cool. I’ve only used it for putting and will start going mad trying to “perfect” my numbers.

One thing I wanted to try to do this year was to take a more analytical look at my game. I picked up Arccos Caddie to try and get a better understanding of exactly what goes on during my rounds and what I can do to improve, both physically and mentally. I had an eye on this as well so I am really happy it came in for review. Most likely I will look at the putting stuff a lot more because the full swing kind of frightens me without having an instructor to coincide with it. I am really super excited to get it started this weekend.

Going by the OP date, looks like you've had it for roughly two months. Have you noticed a change in your approach and results?

Blast Motion Golf

Going by the OP date, looks like you've had it for roughly two months. Have you noticed a change in your approach and results?

I’m definitely more aware of my stroke. Before I would step up and just kind of make a swing that I thought was or would be appropriate. Now, having seen the timing differences of the stroke itself, I am more cognizant of the speed of my stroke.

I don’t buy in to their .60 is the end all be all for the backstroke and .30 for the forward stroke. One of my pros said it felt painfully slow to him, but to me it feels unnecessarily fast. I try to pay more attention to the tempo of 2:1. Which I found an article a while back (can’t find it now, but will look further) that showed many pros had a 2:1 tempo but different speeds for their backswing.

I’m with you, I wanted to make a concerted effort at being more analytical with my game. Being able to see results of my mistakes to try and get better. The main sections I try to focus on right now/still are tempo, and rotation change. But my biggest takeaway from using Blast is that I have a LONG way to go to get better at putting

I got a Blast roughly three weeks ago and it was really an eye opener. The data points it gives are really good although I mainly focus on the tempo and the back- and forward stroke times. I mostly use it on my putting mat at home during the week to groove my stroke and usually just before I head out to play. Game has been good the past weeks but a lot of it is improved putting which has resulted in a almost 2 stroke drop in my index. For me this is a good product, going to try it with the full swing the coming weeks as well.

Back