What is the number one thing you hope to improve on this golf season?

Course management would be number one. Manage my game not to have to explosion holes which was too prevalent last couple years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gain distance, for some reason over the last few years I've lost all of my distance.

For me its GIR. My iron game has always been spotty so I am concentrating on this a lot this year

My game of the tee. 100%. If I get that squared away (with some respectable distance) my cap is coming WAY down.

Putting, especially inside of 7 feet. Next would be all the short pitch shots around the green. My chipping I would grade at an A- and my short pitches between 15-30 yards I'd grade as a C- or D+.

Putting, especially inside of 7 feet.

This would shave the most strokes off my rounds.

Probably followed by chipping/pitching closer to the hole, then GIRs, then FIRs.

Full swing wedge shots...absolutely killed my scoring with my ineptitude with these "scoring clubs"

Shots were the ball in on a slope. I can usually handle it if I can use an iron or pitching wedge, but when I need to use my fairway woods or Hybrids it's still a problem. This is one of the reasons I have been topping my second shots. Maybe I should just play on flatter fairways :act-up:

My game of the tee. 100%. If I get that squared away (with some respectable distance) my cap is coming WAY down.

This. I struggle mainly with woods.

I need to improve my swing. It is way too inconsistent, and not the normal inconsistency that come with the game. I'm not looking for perfection, but I duff too many shots with my irons. My approach shots are horrid.

Tempo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5, 6, and 7 iron contact/consistency. Driver has been good, 3wood is improving, hybrids are round savers, short game is my strong suit, putting is low 30s per round. But if I get 5 6 or 7 there is no telling what can happen. I have worked really hard in the last year to turn the slice to a fade to a draw but for some reason I now randomly hook just the 5 6 7, mostly the 7.

Part of it is a mental thing, I need to learn to trust that the fade is gone, the draw will happen. But I dont always do that so then I "try" to draw it and end up hooking it. Working on grip, a little to strong and stance, a little to closed. Old habits die hard I guess.

*More distance with driver without swinging any harder while maintaining accuracy.*

Doable, I think.

Over the past couple of seasons, I decided to approach driver more like I do my very reliable hybrids. That meant ball moved closer to center, maybe just a few inches forward.

The residual dynamic meant for a negative angle of attack (AOA) and more spin, less distance. A happy tradeoff for me a couple of years ago. But following 3 back injuries since (long running issue, nothing new), I've lost more distance and am no longer so keen on the tradeoff. Also, a tendency crept in to cast some, as if trying to aim rather than swing. That lack of lag has robbed distance too.

This season, I'd moved the ball forward off of my front instep and increased my AOA. It worked, same effort, much more distance. 20 yards, more at times. Only, my accuracy... what was once barely under 80% fairways hit with driver has since been between 40-50% so far. And I noticed in a pic snapped by dbigstick that I had adopted too much knee bend.

Then came today's round. I split the difference, moved the ball more towards center but more forward than last season and I stood more upright. I borrowed from the previous stance with a lower right shoulder and consciously made sure to take all tension out of my right elbow along with a loosened grip. All in the effort to perhaps encourage for more lag.

Previous distance gains remained similar yet I hit 12/14 fairways. Only one round but a round that offered mega promise.

*More distance with driver without swinging any harder while maintaining accuracy.*

Doable, I think.

Over the past couple of seasons, I decided to approach driver more like I do my very reliable hybrids. That meant ball moved closer to center, maybe just a few inches forward.

The residual dynamic meant for a negative angle of attack (AOA) and more spin, less distance. A happy tradeoff for me a couple of years ago. But following 3 back injuries since (long running issue, nothing new), I've lost more distance and am no longer so keen on the tradeoff. Also, a tendency crept in to cast some, as if trying to aim rather than swing. That lack of lag has robbed distance too.

This season, I'd moved the ball forward off of my front instep and increased my AOA. It worked, same effort, much more distance. 20 yards, more at times. Only, my accuracy... what was once barely under 80% fairways hit with driver has since been between 40-50% so far. And I noticed in a pic snapped by dbigstick that I had adopted too much knee bend.

Then came today's round. I split the difference, moved the ball more towards center but more forward than last season and I stood more upright. I borrowed from the previous stance with a lower right shoulder and consciously made sure to take all tension out of my right elbow along with a loosened grip. All in the effort to perhaps encourage for more lag.

Previous distance gains remained similar yet I hit 12/14 fairways. Only one round but a round that offered mega promise.

I find that I tend to swing faster not harder when I can relax my shoulders. If I tense them up to my ears, it's no bueno. Relaxing them frees me up to swing fluidly which turns into a faster swing with less effort.

I find that I tend to swing faster not harder when I can relax my shoulders. If I tense them up to my ears, it's no bueno. Relaxing them frees me up to swing fluidly which turns into a faster swing with less effort.
Absolutely believe that. For me it's definitely the hands and right elbow. If they're tense at all, my takeaway is rigid and compromised and the downswing suffers from that lack of efficient energy.

I already stayed driver consistency earlier in the thread but was just thinking that I probably stated putting in similar threads every year prior to 2019. Something has clicked this year and I feel more comfortable and have more confidence in my putting than I can ever recall. Don't make everything I look at but make a lot more than I previously did.

Number of rounds played.

Tempo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this one. I really struggled at the range the other day until I started focusing on tempo. Bingo! From a straight pull to a baby draw, just like that.

I plan to work on my overall iron play, in addition, I need to work on slowing down and following my pre-shot routine.

More GIR, giving more chances for birdies. Which for me will mean...staying out of trouble off the tee, being better 150 yards in and around the greens.

My putting. If I could make two or more 5-10 footers a round it would transform my game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Distance is my biggest challenge, I’ll be working to play the appropriate tees despite the course, the culture and my buddies telling me to play the wrong tees.
Playing stress free golf will also be a focus this year.

Driver, Driver and Driver. I go through spurts where I can hit it well and it is gives me so much more confidence in the rest of my game. That is not the case right now and I don't even want to pull it out of the bag preferring to hit my 3 or even 5w off the tee. The thing is at the range I crush it but it doesn't translate to the course.

Back