What is the number one thing you hope to improve on this golf season?

Tempo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This as well. Spent some time this winter with slow motion mirror drills. Played one round so far and almost forgot to concentrate on tempo. Once I did, it took 5 shots off the second nine. Now, if I can just make those ten foot putts.

Less bent elbow at the top & full turn to the finish.

My 1 goal and only goal, even if its a detriment to all other aspects of my "game", is to figure out chipping. It is costing me about 11 or more strokes a game!!!

Putting Putting Putting

I average 32.7 per round and my last 3 rounds have putted 35, 36 and 39 times, sadly. Highest score was 86 so just imagine if I could be a half decent putter.

My bag is set so committing to more time on the putting green along with a short game lesson of putting/chipping I have lined up later this month hopefully puts me on the right track to lower scores, and not kill scores with the flatstick.

*More distance with driver without swinging any harder while maintaining accuracy.*

Doable, I think.

Over the past couple of seasons, I decided to approach driver more like I do my very reliable hybrids. That meant ball moved closer to center, maybe just a few inches forward.

The residual dynamic meant for a negative angle of attack (AOA) and more spin, less distance. A happy tradeoff for me a couple of years ago. But following 3 back injuries since (long running issue, nothing new), I've lost more distance and am no longer so keen on the tradeoff. Also, a tendency crept in to cast some, as if trying to aim rather than swing. That lack of lag has robbed distance too.

This season, I'd moved the ball forward off of my front instep and increased my AOA. It worked, same effort, much more distance. 20 yards, more at times. Only, my accuracy... what was once barely under 80% fairways hit with driver has since been between 40-50% so far. And I noticed in a pic snapped by dbigstick that I had adopted too much knee bend.

Then came today's round. I split the difference, moved the ball more towards center but more forward than last season and I stood more upright. I borrowed from the previous stance with a lower right shoulder and consciously made sure to take all tension out of my right elbow along with a loosened grip. All in the effort to perhaps encourage for more lag.

Previous distance gains remained similar yet I hit 12/14 fairways. Only one round but a round that offered mega promise.

Dang, this sounds like a Bryson Dechambeau quote... Very analytical

Making better decisions on the golf course. I swing well enough to get around from 65-6700 if I don't make dumb mistakes and just accept what I've got in front of me. That doesn't mean I'm not working on my swing, putting or short game, but on the course I'm going to focus on taking what I have that day & minimizing my errors instead of compounding a bad bounce here or there into numbers that I should be able to avoid pretty easily.

Scoring average

I want to keep it below 80 all year. I will need to practice more to do it. But I have confidence once I start playing more often that it will happen.

#1 continue working on trying to swing from the inside......especially w/ the driver in my hands. My SS was 90.....very good AoA, decent backspin numbers etc etc.....all except the 1.3 left (or out to in). Causes me either loss of distance with a fade or scorching rockets 2 fairways left of mine.

#2 GET OVER THE BALL w/ the putter. It sounds easy but as I have gained weight and continued using a longer putter I have gotten too far away from the ball and my putting has gone from a strength to be sub par.

#1 - GIRs!!! More greens in regulation means lower scores for me.

#2 - Wedge Game from 50-100yds

iron play.

Dang, this sounds like a Bryson Dechambeau quote... Very analytical
Ha, a lot of thinking out loud. Trying to talk myself into a better game!

Wedges 100 yards and in.

Back