What is the number one thing you hope to improve on this golf season?

anthony18_7

Go Blue
Reaction score
Handicap
I am curious to hear what you are all working on this year in your golf game. If you could narrow it down to one main area of your game you hope to improve on, what would it be and why?

For me it is my driver. I go in spurts where it is completely unpredictable and it is difficult to even pull it out of the bag. My natural shape with the big stick is a baby cut and if that isn't on that day, I struggle. So the one area I hope to improve on the most is that, consistency off the tee. I feel like my iron game is my strength, short game is steady, putting is coming around, driver needs work.

What say you?

Mine is this:

Hit less bad shots per round. I know I will hit bad shots, I just want to hit less of them per round. So far, so good. I have chopped off a fair number of strokes, per round, on average, almost all due to less poor shots. MY good shots are better than last year's good shots, but my scoring improvement is more due to less bad shots.

Consistency. My goals for the year are break 100 and bring my handicap down. Consistency with my swing will be a big part of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Driver consistency. Both distance and dispersion.

Accuracy. If I can dial in the accuracy of my driver, irons, wedges and putter I'd be an even happier golfer.

This plays into my goals for golf, so I know it will help me in the overall to be more consistent/accurate with my shots.

I have to improve my iron play. My swing with an iron in hand is an absolute mess, I'm missing a ton of greens and having to rely on my short game way too much to shoot a decent score. If I can get my irons back I feel very confident I'll get my scores down to mid 70's again.

I want to improve my iron play. Get the GIR up.

I am just 54 holes into my season here in Illinois. Been pretty happy with my game so far but my irons/ball striking/GIRs have been lagging behind everything else. If I improve that area and stay at the current level I am seeing in the other aspects of my game I am confident I will drop my Cap this year.

Grip and face control.

Trying to play smarter. I've done a decent job so far (short game decisions) but I need to be better in going with what is working rather than continuing with what isn't (example, taking 3W over driver off the tee).

GIR. it's the biggest killer to my score when i start missing greens and relying on my deficient short game. if i can hit 12 GIR, i'm probably going to break 80. breaking 80 on the reg is my desire for 2019.

GIR. it's the biggest killer to my score when i start missing greens and relying on my deficient short game. if i can hit 12 GIR, i'm probably going to break 80. breaking 80 on the reg is my desire for 2019.

This is me too. It’s the year of the GIR

My approach shots. Getting on the green with a reasonable birdie putt is what I will be working on the most this season.

Tee game. Always the tee game, it seems.

To be more realistic, I'd like to get 10% better on every aspect of the game, rather than a big jump in one area.

Based on my game so far this season and even last season - get my putting back to where it was. Used to be the rock/foundation of my game.

Short game, it's a mess, what's really sad is I've been a good chipper from the time I started playing up until last summer, I've got the yips.

For me, it is everything from about 50 yards and on in. That includes little 1/2 or 3/4 shots, pitching, chipping and putting. In other words, working on the scoring zone.

Ball striking!! I have gotten my path/clubface control where I am confident. If I could get my ball striking down I would take a huge step forward. That is my main focus this whole season. My miss is generally hitting the shot fat, not duffing it fat, more like a sweeping strike that takes distance off and sometimes balloons.

I’ve found a drill that seems to be paying off though. 1/2 swings focusing on shifting weight to the lead leg, turning my hips first, and getting my chest over the ball. Hopefully it pays off! Playing 18 Saturday morning.

Wedges, 100%. I want to increase accuracy and distance control with all my wedges so I can get more solid looks at birdie.

Accuracy off the tee. Over my last 20 rounds I hit 47% of fairways and 44% over the last 5 years. I currently have a 5.9 handicap and feel like getting my fairway percentage up around 60%+ would really help my game.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My GIR Stat... It's been the biggest thing keeping me from scoring the way I'd like to and know I can...

More GIR's. Have been averaging 7 to 10 GIR's, want to improve to at least 10 to 14.

Just want to eliminate the really bad shots that lead to a double bogey or worse.

Off the tee for me also. If i can tighten up the drives no matter what club that will be a huge help in getting my score lower.

Back