Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
HZRDUS Smoke Yellow is a low launch/spin shaft that features a counterbalanced design allowing for mass to be added to the head for maximum ball speeds and higher MOI.Smoke Yellow also boasts a tapered grip section and firmer mid section, when compared to the original HZRDUS Yellow, for improved stability throughout the shaft for today’s aggressive swingers.
https://www.pxshaft.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-yellow/
Smoke-Yellow-Web-Angle-4.png

key word from that is aggressive swingers

key word from that is aggressive swingers

That is interesting considering the original yellow was for smoother swingers

Also of note is the torque listing on these. Torque isn’t everything and only one possible indicator of how a shaft could possibly “feel” but I like that the numbers are above 3.0 (except 70Tx).

6c1fd7438edfffd0e8cf9aca943ebf8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they increased handle stiffness with that terminology and new butt od.

I wonder if this is supposed to be closer to the t1100 then.

so DB replied to my inquiry on Twitter and TS/TX stands for Tour Stiff and Tour Extra Stiff.

i loved the feel of the yellow. but i'm by no means an aggressive swinger, so probably not for me.

Very interested in this. Really liked the counter balance feel of the original. Could have used it to be a little tighter in the mid section. I wonder how it compares to the black smoke shaft. Didn't care much for that one in the driver.

That is interesting considering the original yellow was for smoother swingers

The OG Yellow was smoother as compared to the rest of the family (Black, T1100) but it was still a stout golf shaft, especially compared to EvenFlow

The OG Yellow was smoother as compared to the rest of the family (Black, T1100) but it was still a stout golf shaft, especially compared to EvenFlow
I'd the new smoke profile as counter balanced as the original?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smoke Yellow is the update to HZRDUS Yellow. We smoothed out the EI profile a bit, the original HZRDUS Yellow had a pretty significantly softer mid section and a very stiff tip. We balanced those out, resulting in similar performance but with out the drastically softer middle which could cause some instability for more aggressive types.

Smoke Yellow is the update to HZRDUS Yellow. We smoothed out the EI profile a bit, the original HZRDUS Yellow had a pretty significantly softer mid section and a very stiff tip. We balanced those out, resulting in similar performance but with out the drastically softer middle which could cause some instability for more aggressive types.
This sounds awesome, can't wait to give it a swing!

Any chance of this being added to any of the OEM custom shaft catalogs? there are no fitters in my area, so that would be the only way I actually get to give this thing a try.

Any chance of this being added to any of the OEM custom shaft catalogs? there are no fitters in my area, so that would be the only way I actually get to give this thing a try.

Probably not immediately.

Hzrdus smoke black took about a full season before it was offered in line by OEMs

Hzrdus smoke black took about a full season before it was offered in line by OEMs

This is true.

i loved the feel of the yellow. but i'm by no means an aggressive swinger, so probably not for me.

I am not an aggressive swinger. I liked the regular HZRDUS yellow and my custom yellow is still the best shaft I’ve ever gamed. Every time I put it in a driver it just feels like home. My regular playing partner always asks me why I even try anything else haha

I am not an aggressive swinger. I liked the regular HZRDUS yellow and my custom yellow is still the best shaft I’ve ever gamed. Every time I put it in a driver it just feels like home. My regular playing partner always asks me why I even try anything else haha
He has a point. You literally hand rolled that shaft to your specific needs and gave it an awesome paint job.

How does the non small batch versions sit compared to old yellow. Just saw on website there is 6.0. Will this still be feasible for a mix of smooth/agressive swingers?

How does the non small batch versions sit compared to old yellow. Just saw on website there is 6.0. Will this still be feasible for a mix of smooth/agressive swingers?

How exactly can you be smooth but aggressive at the same time?

How exactly can you be smooth but aggressive at the same time?

Smooth transition, aggressive through the zone perhaps.

Smooth transition, aggressive through the zone perhaps.

That I can understand better. Usually associate smoother with non aggressive but after playing a couple weeks with another thper I’m understanding it can be different.

My original description might not have used the best descriptors. With my irons i am a smooth tempo guy, but with the driver, i like to go for it and swing aggressive for me (but im not as hard singing as some of the other people in my golfing group). Im around a 104 mph average. Liked the feel of the original yellow. Was just curious as the TS4 preorder has it a new shaft option. Is it essentially a stouter feeling yellow? i was looking at getting the 6.0. Just cant really find too many real world reviews or peoples opinions on it other than the small batch verison. Just curious.

If Customer service will return my call, I'm bagging one of these in a couple weeks. 65 6.0 will be mine!!!!!

Back