Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

It was nice to spend some time with Team Vokey this week and learn more about their goals. We were able to discuss the changes and their goals. It's going to be a good year for wedge releases, that's for sure.

Assuming there's an official Vokey review coming soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a set of these a little while ago. Hit a few balls with my instructors yesterday and like the feel and sound compared to previous offerings.

Picked up a set of these a little while ago. Hit a few balls with my instructors yesterday and like the feel and sound compared to previous offerings.

By a while ago you mean...last week? Curious, cause they weren't available until last week....

By a while ago you mean...last week? Curious, cause they weren't available until last week....

Actually hit them a month ago. My PGA Pro had them. They weren't avaible retail but if you know the right people then i guess anything is possible!

On another note, made my mind up on the black finish. Picking them up tom. 50, 54, and 58

My Golfsmith has had demo SM6s for weeks. I'm assuming his instructor has a fitting cart and also has had them for some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They've been out to retailers for couple of weeks now. I believe we were given the OK to let people demo and preorder, but no sell of the shelve. Of course some will do it anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My Golfsmith has had demo SM6s for weeks. I'm assuming his instructor has a fitting cart and also has had them for some time.

Same here! GS has had them for quite some time

Lol northeast Ohio must be behind the rest of the world. Everyone around here followed the launch date.

When I said a little while ago it was about an hour, but my pro is a Titleist staffer so he was lucky enough to have them sooner than some

When I said a little while ago it was about an hour, but my pro is a Titleist staffer so he was lucky enough to have them sooner than some

Haha well that makes more sense. Love these things man. So good

The first round is in the books with my new 56*. The feel is amazing. I never really liked heavier wedges but i love being able to feel how far im swinging with this.
I play the Callaway Supersoft so i didnt see major spin but more than enough to be impressed. I had a 40 yard pitch for my 3rd shot on a par 5 to a front pin. I managed to land it just on, it released a couple of yards for a simple tap in.. I had a few greenside chips that were great too.... Works wonders for the confidence levels.
I found the M grind to suit the best. I tried the others but i had the best results with the M. Im very shallow and its usualy very firm so it works a treat. I will be bagging the 60* in the next day or 2 as well. I also got it in steel grey. Ive never had people comment so much on a club.

Finally got to see these in person, although my club is still waiting for their trial partner demos to come in so I can take them out on the course.

I'm even more torn between the black and satin finishes than I was before, both are stunning in person.

My custom builds will be here Wednesday!

This thread is toxic !! I can't read these posts anymore... You guys are going to make me spend some more $$$ !

This thread is toxic !! I can't read these posts anymore... You guys are going to make me spend some more $$$ !

I just love this game!

2386cbeec59f589fa3929e242d45a567.jpg

Grabbed these yesterday. Excited to give them a go. It's been several years since I had Vokey wedges in the bag.

de993d3c1a37777d576212580c11142e.jpg

Wore these out before moving on to other wedges.

You're going to enjoy them Kevin.

I'm strongly considering picking up a SW and LW. I hit a Vokey wedge for the first time ever last year (SM5) at a driver fitting to warm-up. I never enjoyed hitting a wedge so much. If the SM6 is as good as some of the early reviews then my wallet is in trouble.

Nice pickup kev

2 rounds in with my 60* and really like it. Enough to say I may go ahead and order the 54 or 56 from my course.

2386cbeec59f589fa3929e242d45a567.jpg

Grabbed these yesterday. Excited to give them a go. It's been several years since I had Vokey wedges in the bag.

de993d3c1a37777d576212580c11142e.jpg

Wore these out before moving on to other wedges.

Wonder if you can answer a question Kev after you hit them. I used to play Vokeys, but they always felt "clicky" to me, which I'm not a fan of. I went to the TM ATV's and loved the feel / sound of them. I am hearing the SM6 seem different to previous Vokeys - curious to get your take.

Back