The Golf Ramble Thread

That moment when you are looking at a scorecard of an old course you used to play and can't figure out why nothing looks right and you think you are going insane only to realize they reversed the 9's.

I have tried and have never gotten comfortable with any grip that's left hand low. Just not for me. I'm interested in seeing how you like it

Andddd it's done. Haha. I actually tried it on a putting green today, and even though it was in bad shape, I was so uncomfortable trying to gauge the speed I just can't commit to it. Interesting while it lasted.

If the putt is over 20 feet I have issues with speed on left hand low. Works pretty well on really fast greens though, along with the pencil type grip.

Pulled the extensions out of my irons when I regripped them the other night and today on the LM my smash factor went up and SS went up and I was dead center on the lie board. Crazy

Some courses up here will be opening in the next couple of weeks!!!!

For whatever reason, it bugs me when the PGA tour is playing an event where the course par isn't 72

If it makes you feel better I am sure one of the par 4's is probably long enough to be a par 5 normally

Took a putting lesson and was surprised the instructor thought I was actually holding the club to lightly. He had me hold the grip with 5 tension (0-10 scale), particularly with my left hand. It did seem to help me with my short putt accuracy. I will continue to practice this and work on the lag putting also!

Temporary greens. Hmmm think I'll wait.

Temporary greens. Hmmm think I'll wait.

They had temp greens on at least 14 holes at the course I played in London! I couldn't wait or I would have missed out!

They had temp greens on at least 14 holes at the course I played in London! I couldn't wait or I would have missed out!

If I was on vacation and playing across the pond I wouldn't wait either. These are just the regular courses I play through out the year and I want my lie angle adjusted before I hit the links with live bullets.

Temp greens are foul, but sometimes better than no golf at all. Thank goodness for indoor golf.

Very true. I think it's more range time for this guy.

Have you ever had Golf Town adjust your clubs. I'm leery of them but need it done.

Very true. I think it's more range time for this guy.

Have you ever had Golf Town adjust your clubs. I'm leery of them but need it done.
I have but only because it was a guy there that I really trusted. I'm pretty cautious before I drop any clubs off for work there.

I have but only because it was a guy there that I really trusted. I'm pretty cautious before I drop any clubs off for work there.

Yeah the whole "certified club builder" name tag on someone who is still in grade 9 has me nervous. I'm going to price it out with another independent guy first.

Was reading something from someone who knows what they are talking about and it kind of made perfect sense. Always have the face to the target side of the path. Simple but made something click in my mind, gonna give it a try on Saturday.

a399cb55f51ed733748e2dcb26b03be9f4ef68206789e30463be8cf73a8d8efa.jpg

I entered into the tee sheet all of our leagues for the season. Hope they let us keep EZ Links for the rest of the year and go to CPS next year, or else I'll have to do it all over again.

I love golf. Been playing uncharacteristically well lately and a big tournament qualifier this weekend will tell me if my improvements will stick under true pressure.

I need warm weather.... even like 2 or 3*C more. It has been +1 or +3 for the past couple of days, but two weeks ago it was +17*c.

I missed the good weather because of all the medical stuff/car accident etc, and just need to swing a club and hit some balls outside so badly.

So many new clubs to hit. GBB, BBAlpha815, Heavenwood, Irons, Wedge arrives tomorrow......

My best friend ordered a driver through Amazon. Guess it didn't fit in the box the guy decided to put it in.

365140a7730fa2a9b8e8cb3d5b228a3e.jpg

Was reading something from someone who knows what they are talking about and it kind of made perfect sense. Always have the face to the target side of the path. Simple but made something click in my mind, gonna give it a try on Saturday.

huh? like, don't fan the face open?

My best friend ordered a driver through Amazon. Guess it didn't fit in the box the guy decided to put it in.

Did they tell him some assembly was required? That's pretty ******.

LOL so where is the kickpoint on that driver?

Incredible that someone would do that. Just incredibly ridiculous.

huh? like, don't fan the face open?
No. I suck at explaining some things but will give it a shot. Basically it is taking one side with trouble out of play. Say I wanted to aim at a pin with all trouble left. I make sure my swing path is heading towards the trouble but the club face is pointing right of that path, not at the pin per say, but just right so the ball starts between the trouble and target and moves away from the trouble. No clue if that makes sense. The person saying this was an ex nike tour guy who works with some pros on their miss patterns so you need to have a decent amount of club control but you shouldn't have much trouble with that.

Back