Morgan Cup?

I love what the event was supposed to be, but there are so many better events out there right now that it just shows how far THP has come and can still go.

No sir, there are no plans to bring it back. I will say that I believe we have added better in the Grandaddy and I also believe Adwillingham summed it up better than I ever could.

Glad you fixed that typo, boss. You had me going there for a second. But, I know where you're coming from. You've come up with more and more awesome events every year, and opportunities for more and more THPers. The #Grandaddy is epic, no argument. But, to me there will never be one like the one that bore your lady's name. It's the only one that I, you, and others, have cried at. (Don't think anyone saw that except Michael (Mikeg_74) who was hugging me at the time). Nothing else, I think, will evoke that kind of emotion and the Morgan Cup will forever be a great memory for me. But, perhaps, it wasn't the same for all.

Glad you fixed that typo, boss. You had me going there for a second. But, I know where you're coming from. You've come up with more and more awesome events every year, and opportunities for more and more THPers. The #Grandaddy is epic, no argument. But, to me there will never be one like the one that bore your lady's name. It's the only one that I, you, and others, have cried at. (Don't think anyone saw that except Michael (Mikeg_74) who was hugging me at the time). Nothing else, I think, will evoke that kind of emotion and the Morgan Cup will forever be a great memory for me. But, perhaps, it wasn't the same for all.

I dont want to take away from the event, and definitely dont want to take away from the feelings that people have about it. It moves me that something that I personally did means that much to people. Sadly it was not all puppy dogs and ice cream, but that is the world we live in. As to the emotional part, it has happened elsewhere. Not on camera, but it has happened.

Two things will remain a constant.
Wonderful memories
Keep moving forward in the chase for perfection

The Morgan Cup changed my life. It was a simply fantastic event that allowed different companies and players a chance to show off their personalities in a fun, competitive environment. It was an amazing event, though in retrospect not without its flaws, which a couple of people have already mentioned. I completely understand and even agree with the decision to move away from that event, both for the sake of the sponsoring companies and because I'm aware of the strain of getting that many moving pieces into place for the organizers.

I know it's not coming back, and I think that's a wise decision, but I also totally understand why there's so much nostalgia towards it, because I feel it, too. Still, in terms of getting motivated to get involved in golf, for me it was a truly life-changing experience.

I've followed THP since the days of the Morgan cup and I remember thinking to myself how awesome an event it was.
I followed the Granddady last year and I was even more amazed with how many surprised the participants were treated to last year.
I'm going to the Gauntlet this year and I'm just hoping it will be a fraction of how awesome the Grandaddy was last year!

I've been extremely blessed to do some amazing things related to golf.... but nothing even remotely came close to 6+ months that was my life with this event

I always enjoyed following along the Morgan Cup coverage, as I do with some of the events that have come into play since. The thing I find disappointing but not surprising are the number of folks who disappeared after getting the full tour treatment, that's a tough one to stomach especially valuing loyalty the way I do.

I've been extremely blessed to do some amazing things related to golf.... but nothing even remotely came close to 6+ months that was my life with this event

I still fell for you dude. Just the name Morgan Cup makes me smile. THP has moved on to other things but this event truly started something special IMO.

Morgan cup had a huge impact on my life, and I wasn't even in it. Sounds silly, but watching my brothers go through the preparations for a few years, and finally being anole to witness first hand how the final chapter concluded was amazing. It taught me that if you allow it to happen any event with THPers can and will impact your life. It was a stepping stone for many of us that watched from the sidelines. But it's for ever lives on as a lesson to everyone just how magical THP is.

The Morgan Cup will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved the experience and would not trade it for the world. I was pretty sad when it was confirmed that it was not coming back. Josh always said it was time and what was to come was would be truly amazing. Boy was be right, what has come has brought THP to the next level and that says a lot. I miss the Morgan Cup but understand why it had to be let go of and although it means nothing I agree with the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As some of the others have said, The Morgan Cup transformed me as well. It gave meaning to practicing with a purpose, being accountable to myself and teammates. I was a newbie on the forum when I got selected to this grand event and the welcome I received was tremendous. The team mates who I call my friends now and the memories created with them are the most valuable things I took away from that event. It has helped forge me into the person I am on this site. As grand as the Morgan cup was, I agree with JB and Donne that it has given way to bigger and better things. THP is always evolving and The Morgan cup will forever be part of its rich history

I would highly suggest some of the newer members to go back through some of the older Morgan Cup threads, some awesome stuff to see. I remember when there was 2 THP events per year, Morgan Cup & Demo Day. Now look at it!!

Not sure they're still around, but some of the unboxing videos were hilarious.

Back