Are you as athletic as a tour pro?

I can pass most of these "tests". But I have a big hunch that many tour pros can't do this:

instruction-2011-09-insl02_combine_chairsquat.gif

Check out the "shoot the duck" skating drill. Learn to do that and the chair test is nothing.

Go celebrate with the Jamaican women's track team :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2 more hours and were off to the races. :alien2:

By this test I sure am. But standing near guys like Jason Day and Henrik Stenson? Not a chance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Can give Colt Knost a run for his money for sure.

Several of these exercises are part of my routine but I couldn't come close to the average PGA player on the golf course. As others stated; there's a big difference between athletic and talent.

I didn't think they looked bad at all. I did a lot of those in physical therapy. I can do that no problem. Unfortunately I'm swing/putting isn't even in the realm of the pros

Um......no

Based on those exercises, I sure am.

Can I do all these yes, do I think these make you "athletic" no. Some guys on tour take Fitness to the max, and I'm sure they have much better training programs than myself. But then you have those tour plays that don't go above and beyond on their fitness, but even guys like Colt Knost and Kevin Stadler walk at least 72 holes a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't invented the technology for that to be measured...... In other words.....NO!

I can give those exercises a good run and complete most of those tests. Does it transfer to the golf course? hahahahahahaha

Can I do all these yes, do I think these make you "athletic" no. Some guys on tour take Fitness to the max, and I'm sure they have much better training programs than myself. But then you have those tour plays that don't go above and beyond on their fitness, but even guys like Colt Knost and Kevin Stadler walk at least 72 holes a week.

I feel like id have a harder time walking so many holes a week than I would doing those exercises in the test haha.

I feel like id have a harder time walking so many holes a week than I would doing those exercises in the test haha.

I walked 18 holes last week and didn't know if I was going to make it. Mind you i was also carrying my on bag.

My mirror says "No.".

Is there a test for the Senior Tour player?

Even then I would have to say NO.

Let's not get athletic confused with skill. I bet I'm more athletic than Colt Knost :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This was my first thought. I've done many of those exercises listed, but I think I'd be down towards the Knost end of the athleticism scale, but nowhere near the Rory end of the scale.

Me & Kiradech[FONT=Roboto Condensed, sans-serif] have the same workout routines[/FONT]

Makes me want to be a Knost and Kiradech fan. Screw those stinking working out types! #rubenesquerules

I didn't try them, but I'm guessing I could pass!

The more I think of this tweet from Golf Digest, the more insulted I get. None of the exercises listed have anything to do with athleticism. I have always been of the belief that any trait of athleticism is untrainable. Speed, explosion, hand eye coordination, etc. All of the things listed here by Golf Digest are trainable.

The more I think of this tweet from Golf Digest, the more insulted I get. None of the exercises listed have anything to do with athleticism. I have always been of the belief that any trait of athleticism is untrainable. Speed, explosion, hand eye coordination, etc. All of the things listed here by Golf Digest are trainable.

You hit the nail on the head. Spend some time practicing those things and everyone can do them. Being athletic has so much more to it.

I used to be as athletic as golfers used to be. Back when they smoked and drank and caroused all night - I did too.

Right.

There are plenty of guys that we can point at like Tim Herron, Colt Knost, Kevin Stadler, and many others with that build, but I would also be willing to bet that guys like Justin Thomas or Brenden Steele couldn't do some of those moves.

To further the point, world class athlete:
Senior+Open+Championship+Round+One+SlWtEayd1fwx.jpg

Back