Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Slow or not I am still a Jason Day fan.

Day said he got a text from Tiger before the round. You think it said

"Hey, El Tigre here. I got a sack of coins, want to make it rain after you go win this thing"?
LMAO. Probably woke up in a haze thinking it was still Saturday.

Still have to love Day and Tiger playing on the basement simulator with Day giving him crap about being so short, then Tiger pointing to a putter in the corner going, see that putter, that putter has won 14 majors.

Really happy to see Day go wire to wire for the win. Hard not to like him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Glad to see Day put this one away. Good win!

Very true. That's a steep bunker. Panda saw me with a plugged lie high in that trap a few years back. Dead.

I would have plugged if I had hit that shot. would have been an impossible up and down if it had for Day.

Heck of a bunker shot on his part.

Nice to see him win. Game starting to round into form for Augusta

after watching the final round with merritt and day. i didnt think there was such a gap in ball striking on the tour. Watching the flightscope of day, stenson then watching merritt it was night and day. merritt had to have his short game and putting on fire just to have a shot.

after watching the final round with merritt and day. i didnt think there was such a gap in ball striking on the tour. Watching the flightscope of day, stenson then watching merritt it was night and day. merritt had to have his short game and putting on fire just to have a shot.

Merritt hits it uh... Low. On the range it looked like everything he hit with his hybrid was thin, but he seemed to like every one of them. It was pretty impressive watching him hit and actually hold greens.

Stenson and Day hit it straight up so it's pretty tough to compare the two of them to him. Chappell though.. What a sweet swing he has, dude had some HP

Merritt hits it uh... Low. On the range it looked like everything he hit with his hybrid was thin, but he seemed to like every one of them. It was pretty impressive watching him hit and actually hold greens.

Stenson and Day hit it straight up so it's pretty tough to compare the two of them to him. Chappell though.. What a sweet swing he has, dude had some HP

i know......i was rooting for him man he can putt. it has to be hard to compete weekly when you over half the field just bombs it out there and you are short and low compared to them.

It's just a totally different game, and I've seen it both on tour and locally where there is a similar HC skill level, yet a totally different approach to it.

Some dudes just can't crank the ball the way Stenson and Day too. Hell, if I was as rigid as Stenson in my pre-shot I'll probably seize up and keel over after a couple swings.

Chappel has so much game. When he was on web.com or nationwide (whatever it was called then) I thought he would be a big time winner on the PGA. Still shocks me has doesn't have a W. Just goes to show more to the game than a great swing.

It's just a totally different game, and I've seen it both on tour and locally where there is a similar HC skill level, yet a totally different approach to it.

Some dudes just can't crank the ball the way Stenson and Day too. Hell, if I was as rigid as Stenson in my pre-shot I'll probably seize up and keel over after a couple swings.

That is very true. If I could hit it like Stenson, I wouldn't care if I flopped around on the ground like a fish as a pre shot routine. He thumps it for sure.

They kept talking about how tight Stenson's grip was. Seems opposite of pretty much everything you're told about grip pressure, right?

I liked watching Chappel swing the club too.

They kept talking about how tight Stenson's grip was. Seems opposite of pretty much everything you're told about grip pressure, right?

I liked watching Chappel swing the club too.

haha, it really is weird to watch Stenson. He looks like he's about to crush the grip.

.....and then he bashes a 3 wood down the pipe and everyone stops judging.

Back