Thank you for your service!

Boom_Boom

Reaction score
Handicap
<18
Today marked the 13th anniversary of the Invasion of Iraq.
Regardless of any political leanings or theories, please know the the men and women of the US Military liberated millions, and did their duty with honor, courage and commitment.
I participated in the Invasion Afghanistan, and later in support of operations in Iraq... and not a day goes by where I don't think of those that were brought home draped in our flag.

Please take a moment to remember that some of your countrymen raised their hand when asked to do dirty work in the name of our country, and in defense of those who couldn't defend themselves.

Yes, thank you for fighting for my freedom! ?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So many have sacrificed for the defense of this country and our freedoms. Thanks to all who have or are serving.

I remember watching the invasion while I was in AIT (per our Drill Sergeant's orders). Then I remember my orders getting changed to First Armored Division. I missed out on the invasion, but I did manage to make it down by the end of June for the start of the occupation.

I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but certainly an experience I'm glad I can say I endured, and survived.

Thank you to all who have served and still are!

JM

Thank you to those who served and put their life on the line.

3 of my cousins went to Iraq and Afghanistan. Only two of them came back, and only one of those came back whole. It's a tough topic for me, but that doesn't preclude me from still being thankful for those who chose to serve and doing their job to protect their fellow soldiers and countless civilians.

So many brave souls carrying on an oft forgotten job!! We need to thank you everyday!!!!

I have to say thank you to all my brothers in arms, I am set to retire this December with transition leave starting in August, after 5 deployments and 26 years it is time to hang the boots up, my son is a Marine so the tradition will continue, I have lost good friends to this war against terrorism, but we know why we do it, if the enemy wants to get to anyone of you they have to come through us and is just not going to happen...take care and remember, "freedom is not free, just ask any service member"...

I have to say thank you to all my brothers in arms, I am set to retire this December with transition leave starting in August, after 5 deployments and 26 years it is time to hang the boots up, my son is a Marine so the tradition will continue, I have lost good friends to this war against terrorism, but we know why we do it, if the enemy wants to get to anyone of you they have to come through us and is just not going to happen...take care and remember, "freedom is not free, just ask any service member"...

Congrats on completing your service.

Thank you to all that have served!

Thank you to all who have served and still are!

JM
Ditto, to all of those who have served, are currently serving and even those that will serve, thank you for protecting our freedom!

I am genuinely happy to see the way our men and women in the military are being appreciated. Regardless of how one may perceive or feel about any given military operation, our soldiers are being appreciated and recognized for their sacrifices and efforts. Such is truly the way it should be. During my active duty tenure in the early 70s, that necessarily was not the case. Now we must dedicate ourselves to the proper care and concern for our veterans. No veteran should ever need to wait for care; I find some of the stories I hear to be totally disgusting.

Where ever you may be, if you see a soldier, thank them for their service!!!!

I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but certainly an experience I'm glad I can say I endured, and survived.

It's interesting looking back for those who have served in country on deployments, the good, the bad. At the time I would say that it was the most difficult time of my life, but now looking back, I wouldn't have changed a thing... in some ways wish I could have done more.

I echo the thanks to not only those who have/are served/serving, but those who support our troops as well. It does mean a lot to those in uniform that regardless of the opinions of the actions of our troops, that the troops themselves are supported.

Thank you for you career service. If given the opportunity, every American should attend the Friday evening ceremony at the Marine 8th and I barracks in DC. It is not possible to leave without some American pride and a lump in one's throat.

I am genuinely happy to see the way our men and women in the military are being appreciated. Regardless of how one may perceive or feel about any given military operation, our soldiers are being appreciated and recognized for their sacrifices and efforts. Such is truly the way it should be. During my active duty tenure in the early 70s, that necessarily was not the case. Now we must dedicate ourselves to the proper care and concern for our veterans. No veteran should ever need to wait for care; I find some of the stories I hear to be totally disgusting.

Where ever you may be, if you see a soldier, thank them for their service!!!!

Well said!

Thanks to those that served in the Invasion of Afghanistan and the operations in Iraq and all the other "adventures" Uncle Sam has sent our troops on. I had a cousin and brother both serve in Iraq. I lost a Great Uncle in the sky's of Japan in WWII.

I've tried to do a small part in shaking the hand of military personnel that I see out and about in uniform, or a Veteran I see wearing a hat. I know I miss a few here and there but I try to get as many as I can. It's a very small gesture but hopefully it let's them know their service and sacrifice isn't lost on ungrateful people.

Words can't express it, but thank you all for your service, dedication, and sacrifice.

Today marked the 13th anniversary of the Invasion of Iraq.
Regardless of any political leanings or theories, please know the the men and women of the US Military liberated millions, and did their duty with honor, courage and commitment.
I participated in the Invasion Afghanistan, and later in support of operations in Iraq... and not a day goes by where I don't think of those that were brought home draped in our flag.

Please take a moment to remember that some of your countrymen raised their hand when asked to do dirty work in the name of our country, and in defense of those who couldn't defend themselves.

Thank you to you and all that have served.

Back