Perfect numbers vs Perfect ballflight?

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
I asked this question on another thread that was supposed to be a short quip, but it's got me thinking.

Is there any difference between perfect numbers and perfect ballflight? If so, which would you rather have?

@Molten

I asked this question on another thread that was supposed to be a short quip, but it's got me thinking.

Is there any difference between perfect numbers and perfect ballflight? If so, which would you rather have?

@Molten

I’ve put a lot of thought into this after you posted it in the other thread. I guess I agree that they could be different in theory but it would require the interpretation of “perfect ball flight” to be the subjective interpretation. In other words, perfect ball flight is in the eye of the beholder who might, for example, prefer a lower ball flight to a higher ball flight.

Perfect numbers on the other hand don’t care about your subjective beliefs. I think I would rather have perfect numbers.

Good question - I loved the mental twister

I think perfect numbers but I'm not sure. Can I cheat and say option c: perfect results?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well if I’m looking to carry my 7 iron 160 and it’s a perfect little draw that goes 149 than I’m looking to get up and down for par. If it’s got the ball flight I hate (fade) but I manage to stick it close to 160 I will soon forget about it’s ball flight as I tap it in for birdie.

I’ve only been on launch monitors to get fitted but my 1st instinct is watching the ball flight. Some fitters hate it but I’ve found a couple that appreciate or at the least acknowledge what I’m looking for the ball to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe that we need to choose one or the other, but for the purposes of this thread I'll choose "Perfect Numbers".

There is no difference.

But since I have to choose, give me the numbers (the ball flight will follow).

Perfect numbers would be my choice. Perfect flight varies so much from hole to hole and pin location.

Back