Callaway Sure Out 2 Wedge

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wondered if we would see an update on these.

Not my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people enjoyed the last version.

Nice on going with the wedge grip, funny how something so simple as markings for choking down can make such a difference.

Also good to see them expand the lofts.

This just made @JDax’s day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 64 degree helped me out when I was really struggling with my some of my shots around the green. I will sure consider giving the new version a try.

These were such a great get out of jail wedge, just easy to hit from almost anywhere, so cool to see them improve on a great wedge.

The wedge doesn’t do much for me but I like the expanded offerings and the visual aid on the grip.

Actually, I love the grip aid.

I watched Jeff Neubarth hit some crazy good shots with his Sure Out in The Grandaddy last year and began to hate that club! It seems like a pretty versatile wedge that could help a lot of people out.

I may have to try out the 56 and bend it to 54, and then go with 58 and 64. I love my 64 Sure Out

May have to try these this season, always was intrigued by them. Do love the wedge grips on these

i've been listening to old episodes of the pirate ship show, and the excitement these guys had for the og sure out is very intriguing. i am not at all opposed to a specialty wedge, but reading that this has been redesigned to make it playable in more situations is really exciting. i can 100% see myself putting one of these in the bag at the grandaddy.

I am currently pondering my wedge line up so this is terrific timing. I have been looking to replace my 56 and 60 Ping Tour-S wedges and now may be the perfect time. Hard ponder between these and the PM Grind wedges...

As someone who was really timid in the bunker and needed help from 60 yards and in, this was a great wedge to have in the bag for the period of time that I did. It made the transition to, at the time, a MD3 58* a little smoother.

Sure the looks may not be ideal, but the performance is all I cared about. Getting out of the bunker was simple, even when you'd chunk the sand the ball would come out. This club sh!ts on the C3i wedge.

I do like the addition of more heel relief.

Very nice update to these. I cant see myself gaming them but i do appreciate the design and intent behind them.

Also good to see them expand the lofts.

Just wanted to point out that the during the last edition they also released more lofts in the 2nd year. Believe 56/58/60/64 rounded it out.

I’ve only had 3 eagles ever. Two were holing out with the Sure Out 64* from 60 yds. Great full shot high loft wedge.

I still Game it. Love it for those short sided shots where you just need to pop it up a little.

Another site did a bunker test with the original Sure Out, the C3i, the Smart Sole and a traditional wedge.

The Sure Out Finished last.

I gamed the 60 and 64 Sure Outs last year. For me the 60° was much better than the 64° Out of the bunker. I think with the 64° out of the bunker are you simply had to swing to Hard. So I was able to get the ball out but just barely. The 60° seemed like the easier option out of the sand. But on full shots for some reason I never hit the 60° nearly as good as the 64° which kind of baffled me. So I replaced it with the CBX 60° wedge.

I am glad they did a second iteration of this club, my only gripe is that they didn’t do a black finish on it.
I think that would have looked Pretty sweet.

The first iteration of these might be my favorite wedge of all time. I really did love having one in my bag. One of these will definitely get toyed with some this year.

Nice breakdown JB.

I think the improvements, changing the grind to accommodate more golfers as well as increasing the offerings in Lofts for RH and LH is a great step in the evolution of this offering. The Lamkin golf grip is huge too for beginners in getting them in the right position.

I really need to get one or two of these for my wife.

I like that grip a lot. I also like that Callaway has a family of 3 wedges for us to choose from - traditional, PM and the Sure Outs. There is something for everyone.

I could definitely see myself playing around with a 64*. And I really like the grips. Would love to have them on my MD4s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Callaway Sure Out 2 Wedge

I played the first one. My wife uses it. Curious in this one as I had a tough time around the greens with mine. It was great in the bunker however I’m finding my CBX’s giving me the same performance out of the bunker and really top notch around the greens.

Last edited:
Nice to see a continuation of the line. There are a couple golfers I know that talk about needing help around the green and this should fit the bill in a big way.

I used the original 58 to learn how to hit out of bunkers. Great training tool for me, as well as an easy out. I can see a good market for them.

Happy to see a new version of this come out, and the enhancement to the grip is something I never really thought of before, but quickly went "wow how simple!". Should be a good market for these.

The original 64 could be my favorite club ever. You really need to spend some time with it to learn it and it's awesome capabilities.

I gamed a SureOut in place of my PM grind for awhile. Just relax and swing, the ball pops out of the bunker. Glad to see that they've updated the design.

Ordered a 58* and 64* with my favorite Super Stroke Cross Comfort grips and they are headed this way. I will upload pics when I get them

Back