Taylormade Preowned merged with GlobalGolf?

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Received this email earlier saying they have merged. Wonder why they went with this move. No explanation or news just an email with very little info.

Screenshot_20190409-114649.png

was announced a couple weeks ago, GlobalGolf/3balls is the official trade-in partners of the PGA

Yep, makes sense for TM, IMO.

Global golf has been running the TM Pre-owned site for quite a while now. Not a huge surprise really. I wonder if they’ll keep the separate pages up or not.

Yep, makes sense for TM, IMO.

I’m curious why some think this way? Is it because less bodies, less space, less hassle? Or because they didn’t do it well? I’m asking genuinely, because their biggest competitor has had such great success and revenue come from their preowned company.

I’m curious why some think this way? Is it because less bodies, less space, less hassle? Or because they didn’t do it well? I’m asking genuinely, because their biggest competitor has had such great success and revenue come from their preowned company.

Because Global is very very good at what they do, and im sure TM doesn’t want to open a separate facility just for trades like Callaway has.

So, it make sense.

Because Global is very very good at what they do, and im sure TM doesn’t want to open a separate facility just for trades like Callaway has.

So, it make sense.

Gotcha. I would have thought the space was there already, but yeah its not an easy move. I just think there is a lot of revenue to be made if done right. Along with solid product control.

I see Global Golf listings all the time on eBay, I never even click on the auction because I know they do not show real pictures of the clubs. They only have one stock photo with a general description. It just comes off as lazy to me not to have real pictures of what you are buying. They are a big player in the used club market but they will never sell me a single thing until they change that policy.

Gotcha. I would have thought the space was there already, but yeah its not an easy move. I just think there is a lot of revenue to be made if done right. Along with solid product control.

The problem that I saw...TM really wasn’t doing it right. Seemed like an afterthought to them.

Deals weren’t really anything special, and the layout was stale. It almost seemed like a half hearted effort to imitate Callaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a good move for both! Hope it works out!

Back