Nike Method Origin Putter Preview

I would normally agree with you. But if Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy cant sell it, its more than tour presence.
The only thing Tiger is selling right now is home simulator set ups. Rory is the head scratcher here because as great as he is you are right, he just doesnt move the product needle in terms of hard goods (maybe even soft goods too, i have no idea how they do there either).

I can see Nike starting to grow this season and in the near future. I know nothing about the people behind the brand or anything about their marketing (or lack there of) but they do have a young group of players on tour who are starting to come into their own and i think that will help. THPers are the minority of equipment buyers. The masses still buy what they see the pros having success with

Having listened to the last THP radio podcast. Harry talked about not being derivative. Everything about Nike's 2016 approach seems derivative. That's probably why it isn't resonating with golfers.

I can see Nike starting to grow this season and in the near future. I know nothing about the people behind the brand or anything about their marketing (or lack there of) but they do have a young group of players on tour who are starting to come into their own and i think that will help. THPers are the minority of equipment buyers. The masses still buy what they see the pros having success with

I kind of feel the opposite I could see Nike exiting equipment all together rather than start growing if they continue down their current path. Not to say some of the stuff is not great but they just dont seem to be behind it.

I kind of feel the opposite I could see Nike exiting equipment all together rather than start growing if they continue down their current path. Not to say some of the stuff is not great but they just dont seem to be behind it.
Wouldnt it be easier and better for Nike Golf to just bring in someone to market their stuff?

Really nice looking putter with intriguing technology. I've seen a much better roll with my current Method so can only imagine what these might offer. Alas, I am a center-shafted user, so no options for me - plus "007" is way cooler than "B1" or "B2" :bashful:.

Wouldnt it be easier and better for Nike Golf to just bring in someone to market their stuff?

Depends on how they view it and what they truly want as a company. A good marketing person could do wonders but I also dont think Nike Golf can be fixed by one person in marketing. Also just because clubs start selling does not always make a profitable company as well things need to be done the right way or it doesnt matter how many clubs you sell. The club game is a tough business and a company that specializes in soft goods anyway it just wouldnt shock me to see them exit the equipment side at some point

Looks great and I love the colors but only two models and both being plumbers neck turns me off.

Tech and style have me intrigued, price not so much, but will still demo it if I get the chance.

That face sure looks interesting!

I am curious about these. I had great results with my Method 001.

I think time will tell on this one. They have put a lot of R&D into it. I mean a lot. If they can create the message to go with that development, they may have something here. They dont have to sell 100k of them. But at this price point, I think they would like to hit 25k.

This post really makes me want to try one.

I'm not sure I understand what doesn't wow about what is basically a four piece traditional head shape that incorporates extreme toe/heel weighting and multiple non-metal elements that will undoubtedly soften the contact feedback and potentially improve the roll placed on the ball.

I know it's not presented in a similar light, but frankly, there could be a ton of value in this tech. If this were a smaller company introducing all of this, would it wow more than Nike could?

Sorry just seeing this now.

The tech sounds awesome and I'm a fan of most Nike putters and clubs for that matter and I will be giving this a few rolls when I see it in GolfTown. Just seeing the grooves across the entire face looks odd to me. The look doesn't wow me like the Toulon from last week did.

I'm actually pretty darn intrigued by these offerings and the tech in them. The PN only means I'll never buy one but I'm actually more intrigued by these putters than the Toulon offerings.

Those look nice, interesting design with all those pieces.

Anyone order this today?

I want to roll one badly

I want to roll one badly
Yeah I got to demo this some months ago, but I just ordered one today. Can't remember how it feels.

I have never really been one fore Nike putters, but this thing looks awesome, I might have to splurge and try one out.

I have never really been one fore Nike putters, but this thing looks awesome, I might have to splurge and try one out.
Yeah same here, but the latest Nike Golf models have great advancements than previous models. Feel and sound great, and performance is money!
I'll be doing an unboxing of this soon.

Yeah same here, but the latest Nike Golf models have great advancements than previous models. Feel and sound great, and performance is money!
I'll be doing an unboxing of this soon.

Does this putter only come in the RORS model?

I can't wait to see the un boxing it might sway me quicker

Does this putter only come in the RORS model?

I can't wait to see the un boxing it might sway me quicker

I think the retail model will be releasing soon, but this morning was the RORs only.

I think the retail model will be releasing soon, but this morning was the RORs only.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to put some thought into this one....

The sighting of the B2-05 long slant neck by Johnathan Wall on twitter gives me hope that we'll see more models of this putter this year. I was able to demo both the B1-01 and B2-01 last week at a Nike demo event and they look solid in person, but I know I can't putt with a PN.

Need to roll one of these. I might be becoming a Nike fan. Never thought I would say that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back