2019 Masters adventures Tuesday to Thursday

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
Months ago I received that magical email about getting picked to have the ability to buy 2 Masters tickets for this Thursday. In the lightning strikes twice category, a family friend sold me his Wednesday tickets as well because friends of his couldn’t go. After months of dreaming about this week and after a way too early flight out of Dallas, my buddy Marc and I are finally here. I haven’t been to the course yet but first impressions are that this is a small town with a week of golf Spring Breakers invading town for some bucket list fun. I figured I’d put some pictures as I go through this post. Upgraded the dad style SUV rental for a bad ass Dodge Challenger: great call on my part!! Two hour muscle car fueled ride to town, checked into the nearby Airbnb which is pretty good, and off to Hooters for the John Daly visit. I really enjoyed the three seconds of quality time with him! Weird scene but hey, ya gotta make a buck somehow! Next off to the World of Beer to have a beer or three and hung out for a bit with the founder of Atomic Golf who had a setup there. Cool dude and great ball markers, and a great T-shirt too. I’m taking a ton of pictures with a digital camera on the course tomorrow so I will post a bunch when I get back home. Weather looks pretty good for the next two days so we are hoping for some great times out there!!
fb662f62f1d8ac7fc632609e8ccb361e.jpg
1d7f4bcccfe3e1a32f6b2082926590d2.jpg
fd86574ac60370dd80bd4f962ccc1ae4.jpg
fc57af03e1303332c74b61f7370e8938.jpg
33f4f494ada8340a85bdd2179abda6f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
subscribing.....looks like a great time.

Living vicariously through you for a day or two.

I have got to post so I can Follow all week, fantastic luck guy and enjoy....and you are from Frisco, I am in Prosper

I have got to post so I can Follow all week, fantastic luck guy and enjoy....and you are from Frisco, I am in Prosper

Nice! There are a few of us from DFW in the forum so I’m sure we will play golf at some point

That’s so cool, huge thumbs up on the car upgrade. Have a great time and can’t wait to read all about it!!

Nice! There are a few of us from DFW in the forum so I’m sure we will play golf at some point

I am ready most any weekend......

Looks like fun so far..Wednesday is a great day with the course being open and the par 3 contest going on in the afternoon. Make sure that you have fresh batteries for the camera!

So envious but happily subscribed to this thread. In the event one of you gets hurt and can’t go Thursday, I’m a 3 hour drive away!

Have fun out there Erik!

Have a blast dude! I’ll be following along, jealously!

This looks like fun! Can’t wait to follow along

Cant wait for pics!

Have fun. It’s amazing. Last year was my first time there, everything is perfect at the course.

That is awesome!!! Have great time.

Great start to a great week! Looking forward to following along on your adventure

Awesome rental, love the color.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very cool. Have fun!!!

Have fun, will be following #envious

I will be there Saturday looking forward too it! This week can't go by fast enough Have fun Erik!!!

Awesome start to the week. Have fun man!!

"...this is a small town with a week of golf Spring Breakers invading town for some bucket list fun." Great line, lol.

Enjoy, the weather looks good. :--)

Looks awesome, have fun and thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

The Callaway truck is parked up at Washington Drive, not to be missed, it is one big bad boy.

See you on Thursday, I'm the Englishman with his jaw on the ground.

Today was a long, awesome day at the course. Great weather but the pathways were a little swampy from the rain. No complaining though. Temps were almost perfect. Took a lot of great pics so I am looking forward to sharing them Friday when I get back! Saw an hour of skipping balls across the lake: that was fun. Missed the Koepka hole in one by 15 minutes. Got to see Jack, Gary and Tom tee off on the Par 3 followed by Justin, Jordan and Rickie. No Tiger sighting today but will be there to see him play a few a few holes tomorrow. The gift shop was insane and the prices weren’t brutal. I’ll fill in all the details in depth soon.

Back