A picture Matty took of me as I did a recovery lap after the crit race ended tonight.

01bc1b5bfb08eac45cad82e2a44cacbf.jpg

I was absolutely toasted. First crit race of the season and I went all out. Lost the final sprint and finished 4th.

Typically I just spin for a second and head back to the finish line to cheer others finishing on. Tonight I went all out, harder than I typically do at these races. Max heart rate a solid 201, average heart rate being 177.

That one hurt tonight.

Fantastic effort RyJo.

Well done Beags! Beast mode!

Dang Beags! That's some serious work. Great job!

Way to go Cap! You've had a lot going on man. I bet it felt good to leave it all out there man. Good on you.

JM

Hell of a go Beags!!!

Dude just the word "Crit" makes my muscles hurt! I remember the pain and suffering all too well. Good on ya for a 4th place finish!

Dude just the word "Crit" makes my muscles hurt! I remember the pain and suffering all too well. Good on ya for a 4th place finish!
It was a nearly a 1 mile lap. I think 8 sharp turns, with one of those being a 180* turn around a tight corner, sprinting straight out of the turn in to a head wind was brutal.

It was a nearly a 1 mile lap. I think 8 sharp turns, with one of those being a 180* turn around a tight corner, sprinting straight out of the turn in to a head wind was brutal.

Dude I just threw up!

Do you run a power meter!?

Dude I just threw up!

Do you run a power meter!?
Typically, yes, I use a Quarq on most of my bikes. I did not have it on my crit bike tonight though.

Good work dude, I need to ride but riding at night in the country doesn't give me warm fuzzies

Good work dude, I need to ride but riding at night in the country doesn't give me warm fuzzies
Fortunately this was a closed course.

War Eagle - what Cat do you race in? Just curious.

Racing in Cat 2.

That is pretty impressive. I have a fair number of friends that race/have raced cat 1 thru cat 3. As you know it takes a ton of work to get to that level. Also takes a little luck to make it thru the demo derby known as cat 5 and cat 4. Man I miss the race scene. Good luck this year.

That is pretty impressive. I have a fair number of friends that race/have raced cat 1 thru cat 3. As you know it takes a ton of work to get to that level. Also takes a little luck to make it thru the demo derby known as cat 5 and cat 4. Man I miss the race scene. Good luck this year.
Thanks buddy. There are a lot of local Crits that run year round, they are fun and often times not TOO hard. Going out on the larger scene across the state brings on the harder races, but tonight was a freaking hammer-fest.

Racing in Cat 2.

Agree with the Milk Man; 4th in a Cat 2 race is very solid. I raced 20-30x per year for about 10 years before transitioning to marathons, then to long distance triathlons, and then golf. Raced a few Cat 2 races but couldn't sprint with those guys.

Again, congrats on the nice result!

Agree with the Milk Man; 4th in a Cat 2 race is very solid. I raced 20-30x per year for about 10 years before transitioning to marathons, then to long distance triathlons, and then golf. Raced a few Cat 2 races but couldn't sprint with those guys.

Again, congrats on the nice result!

Thanks!

I'm a fan of sprinting. Luckily I have a solid team that knows how to race. Got to sit in and hang in for most of the race without much wind hitting me. Had a few fliers off the front, but not enough to concern us. The final straight away made for a long sprint, and I just didn't have it tonight.

I've entertained triathlons, but I just have a mental block for running. Might do a few relays this year, but not sure yet. All depends on the MTB races.

I recently found myself wanting to get into better shape, and I really love being outdoors, so I figured what better than mountain biking.... Needless to say I went off and bought this bad boy it was love at first sight
e412de94dcb211b0a1c2b98464a8d786.jpg
I can't wait to get out and spend some more time on the trails this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently found myself wanting to get into better shape, and I really love being outdoors, so I figured what better than mountain biking.... Needless to say I went off and bought this bad boy it was love at first sight
e412de94dcb211b0a1c2b98464a8d786.jpg
I can't wait to get out and spend some more time on the trails this summer

I have the exact same Pugsley. I absolutely love mine. Steel is real!

It stole a place in my heart the first time I rode it

Thanks!

I'm a fan of sprinting. Luckily I have a solid team that knows how to race. Got to sit in and hang in for most of the race without much wind hitting me. Had a few fliers off the front, but not enough to concern us. The final straight away made for a long sprint, and I just didn't have it tonight.

I've entertained triathlons, but I just have a mental block for running. Might do a few relays this year, but not sure yet. All depends on the MTB races.

I actually started with triathlons then went to racing bikes. Kind of miss racing for the competitiveness aspect but kind of don't at the same time!

Thanks!

I'd like to do triathlons, but the running is also my block. The kms I'm sure we'll take their toll on my knees is I ever do start.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back