Kevin Coleman

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm newer to the forum, but just returned from UST Mamiya #shaftspectacular and already itching for the next event. There are several that have caught my eye this year that I hope I can participate in, but I've seen some information about the Morgan Cup in the past and it looks awesome... Is this event gone for good? Thanks, and I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but my search didn't help much.

Thanks again!

The Morgan Cup was a great event. It was replaced last year by Legacy. The event most similar to it this year is The Cup. Played on the same courses that hosted 3 of the 4 Morgan Cups.

The final Morgan Cup was completed in 2014.

...however it is my plan to get JB a nice bottle of whatever it takes to make him unintentionally commit to another one. SO.MUCH.FUN.

I'd contribute to that bottle...I never got to a Morgan Cup unfortunately.

The final Morgan Cup was completed in 2014.

...however it is my plan to get JB a nice bottle of whatever it takes to make him unintentionally commit to another one. SO.MUCH.FUN.

I'm newer to the forum, but just returned from UST Mamiya #shaftspectacular and already itching for the next event. There are several that have caught my eye this year that I hope I can participate in, but I've seen some information about the Morgan Cup in the past and it looks awesome... Is this event gone for good? Thanks, and I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but my search didn't help much.

Thanks again!

Fantastic event named after the most important person in my life and this website.
It had a good run, but has since been retired. With the addition to #TheCup (details come out today), The Grandaddy, and a slew of other incredible events, it was time.

Heard great things about the Morgan Cup! Seems like it would be a no brainer to do it again, of course that's from my point of view!

It was a great event, but it didn't always bring out the best in people, and honestly, the sponsors didn't get the credit they deserved since you had multiple companies sponsoring players. The THP leadership is very wise and have lead things to an even better place for all involved.

The Morgan Cup changed my life, simple as that! I've met countless great friends who I will have for the rest of my life through that event! Not only that, the Morgan Cup completely changed the way I practice and play golf, I'm a much better golfer because of the Morgan Cup! What an amazing event, I'll never forget it!

The Morgan Cup also gave way to some very amazing events that continue to thrive through THP, so for that countless people have the Morgan Cup to thank!

The Morgan Cup changed my life, simple as that! I've met countless great friends who I will have for the rest of my life through that event! Not only that, the Morgan Cup completely changed the way I practice and play golf, I'm a much better golfer because of the Morgan Cup! What an amazing event, I'll never forget it!

The Morgan Cup also gave way to some very amazing events that continue to thrive through THP, so for that countless people have the Morgan Cup to thank!
That three wood on 18 still gives me nightmares.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It was a great event, but it didn't always bring out the best in people, and honestly, the sponsors didn't get the credit they deserved since you had multiple companies sponsoring players. The THP leadership is very wise and have lead things to an even better place for all involved.

Donne, well said my friend.

How many did you win again? I'm at a loss right now trying to remember.

I know i's been retired, and probably will never be brought back, but I still say that it was the single, most live-affecting event of which I've ever been a part, and one which I truly felt honored by being there. I'm with Puttin4Bird, it changed me in a lot of ways. I can't thank THP enough for that.

That's it?!? I swear it had to be more. :D

No, the third one he had me on his team so that kinda blew that whole deal!

The Morgan Cup was one amazing event that I will never forget. So many great friends and a chip that I swear gives me nightmares at least on a monthly basis.

I would highly suggest some of the newer members to go back through some of the older Morgan Cup threads, some awesome stuff to see. I remember when there was 2 THP events per year, Morgan Cup & Demo Day. Now look at it!!

I would highly suggest some of the newer members to go back through some of the older Morgan Cup threads, some awesome stuff to see. I remember when there was 2 THP events per year, Morgan Cup & Demo Day. Now look at it!!

always interesting to look back and see what this place was and where it is now.

I'm a fan.

You know I did that just a while ago, trying to find one particular picture to post that I thought some of the newer members would find cool. (no it was't the Mike Dean TravelBag episode, that one is bookmarked :D ) While I couldn't find it, i did get a chance to read a lot of the 2014 event and recaps, it was some pretty special stuff.

I know i's been retired, and probably will never be brought back, but I still say that it was the single, most live-affecting event of which I've ever been a part, and one which I truly felt honored by being there. I'm with Puttin4Bird, it changed me in a lot of ways. I can't thank THP enough for that.

No sir, there are no plans to bring it back. I will say that I believe we have added better in the Grandaddy and I also believe Adwillingham summed it up better than I ever could.

I agree with this 100%. Especially since the 2014 MC was basically my baptism by fire into the event side of THP - life changing is the right way to describe it. It's an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.

No sir, there are no plans to bring it back. I will say that I believe we have added better in the Grandaddy and I also believe Adwillingham summed it up better than I ever could.
Could NOT agree more.

It was a great event, but I totally see the need and the improvements for all parties involved to what we have today.

Back