Adidas Golf - Free The Knee

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This just arrived at THP HQ and wanted to put up some pictures and get initial impressions.

33383614b9d91be15891c84338046c49.jpg

b9272aa6f1e2d38eabd6d78c53e98529.jpg

7140f791df8b45cfb28477acb1928658.jpg

b4c8555a1d5505dfd4fed2912af154c4.jpg

Never heard of this. Seems interesting

So basically these would be knee length shorts for me?

Dont look half bad any anything helping keep shirts tucked in is solid

Hmmm sounds good and interesting. I liked the idea behind the climacool, and this seems like it would be good if it worked but seems more marketing general stuff that other OEMs have been doing.

Interesting. Nice laugh Fupresti.

I like it.

However, my biggest gripe with shorts, most of them are made for and modeled by guys that are thin and little. Most clothing makers think about golfers with a "Wisconsin build".

I need some more space in the hips and asss area. Luckily, I have had good luck with Adidas shorts.

They sound good to me.

shorty shorts?! an inseam that doesn't look like i'm wearing jams? i say freaking FINALLY! i only have one pair of golf shorts that fall above the knee and i love them. i hate the freaking balloon jinko trunk legs that are most golf shorts. we need a more tailored look for guys with bird legs. i like the idea here.

John Stockton approves. :D

They look great, I'd certainly give them a try.

I like the stretch waistband and the grip inside the waistband to keep the shirt tucked in. Fabric doesn't look too bad. I've enjoyed some adidas shorts in the past, but I'm not sure anyone wants to see my knees.

Huh. Interesting. I'm not really sure how these differ from their other shorts that have the grip in the waist band. Just rebranding it I suppose? Adidas have always been the most comfortable shorts in my drawer....

yes please! Im an adidas guy so these mat be worn to regional rivalry

The tech in the shorts looks pretty neat actually.

I just think the # is funny more than anything. Just say "Shorts, they are just shorter pants."

I'm not sure I approve of the hashtag for this one.

It makes me think of something like this:

BARNES_Brian_19840906_GH_L-221x300.jpg

I know the silicone gripper isn't new, but I'm glad to see them incorporate that, I love that feature in shorts, I've got some Pumas, UAs and a couple other off brands that have it, really love how it keeps the shirts down.

So... free the knee, screw the tall person.

Got it.

I dont think the change is what people think it is. Inseam length seems pretty common.

You've had 11" inseams for some time. Quit yer complaining.

You'll be complaining when you're golfing with me and I'm showing that many inches of Canadian thigh while you're trying to putt.

You'll be complaining when you're golfing with me and I'm showing that many inches of Canadian thigh while you're trying to putt.

#freethetwins

All the more reason to wear pants ha. I have issues now finding shorts with the length I like these do nothing to solve this but I do like some of the other changes made in these shorts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I dont think the change is what people think it is. Inseam length seems pretty common.

I was just going off the photo. I know DJ is about an inch taller than me, and I really can't be seen with shorts that run that high. I'd be better off wearing those compression panties from Nike.

haha, I'm overly snarky today (edit). I really love the adidas shorts I have, I'm just a bit nervous about the approach to shorter shorts through many lines.

Definitely like the idea of the stretch waistband, the shirt "gripper", and the stretch fabric. This plus being lightweight sounds like a winning combo to me. Now, I gotta get down to my target weight, because I'm sure these won't be "cheap".

Back