Adidas Golf - Free The Knee

Around 10".

All my Adidas Climalite 3 stripe shorts have a 10.5" inseam so I don't see these as being very different. I will certainly give them a try as 90% of my golf is played in shorts. It's already shorts weather here in N. California.

I like the stretch in the fabric and also the lining that helps keep the shirt tucked. Other than that, I don't get what is "new" about these. They look a little slim in the DJ pic. The fabric bunching up around his arse looks odd. Maybe the slim fit pant concept has migrated into shorts??? If that is the case, I am not a fan.

I personally find golf shorts way too long. Yes, I enjoy showing off my knees.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

shorty shorts?! an inseam that doesn't look like i'm wearing jams? i say freaking FINALLY! i only have one pair of golf shorts that fall above the knee and i love them. i hate the freaking balloon jinko trunk legs that are most golf shorts. we need a more tailored look for guys with bird legs. i like the idea here.

I've got a "Babe Ruth" build and don't like the current cut that falls on or below the knee. I like the ideas of breathable and water resistant too.

Do we have a price point?

I think it's a poor marketing strategy for Adidas. If I saw the ad anywhere else I would have assumed they were new shorter shorts and moved right along.

They sound like great (normal length) shorts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think it's a poor marketing strategy for Adidas. If I saw the ad anywhere else I would have assumed they were new shorter shorts and moved right along.

They sound like great (normal length) shorts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It is an interesting take. I mean they are shorter, but not by much.

People are going to see a lot more than just the knee when golfers sit down in the golf cart wearing these.

Cart girls are going to be running for the hills.

People are going to see a lot more than just the knee when golfers sit down in the golf cart wearing these.

Cart girls are going to be running for the hills.

Don't skip leg day.

I really like the look and the tech in these. Does anyone know the price point?

water resistant, stretch, mesh pockets. These seem to be like hybrid board shorts without a gripper waist band.

I like what I'm seeing about these, but I do like my shorts a little longer than these appear to be. They sound like great shorts otherwise though.

Those look very, very similar to the UA Match Play shorts.

The grip to keep the shirt tucked in is a fantastic idea.

I like what I'm seeing about these, but I do like my shorts a little longer than these appear to be. They sound like great shorts otherwise though.

These shorts are going to ride up really high while seated in a golf cart.

I would imagine they'll be straight through the kneecap in length for me, like most shorts are. If I really wanted to go #SkysOutThighsOut, I'll buy some Chubbies.

Also, I agree with Joe that most shorts/trousers proportions of the past 5 years are made for people who have never heard the word squat.

I'd try them on to see how they fit, but the marketing stressing "innovation" kind of makes me cynically giggle.

Last edited:
Not to sound like an ass, but are these different than the Ultimate shorts that are already out in shops??

I'm ok with these.

These look great, but I really need an 11" inseam for shorts. I have a pair of Adidas shorts that are 10.5" and they are borderline at best.

I like the looks of these.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

They look juuuust a little short on DJ to me so I think that I'll stay away from them.

Like T4K, I don't have any issue with the shorts that I have (including two pairs of adidas).

They look a little shorter than what I typically like to wear but I like the concept.

Need to show up to a THP event in high tops and high shorts.

Need to show up to a THP event in high tops and high shorts.

All the rage with kids now a days. Gotta grow the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back