Talking Callaway with Harry Arnett - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 5

listened to this on the way in to work this AM. Sounds like Harry and I could share a pizza, but in no way shape or form could we watch TV together. I mean The Good Wife? Was a really good listen, I thought he addressed some concerns or opinions on the golf biz that we hear a lot of. I like how he talked about the release cycles. I had no clue his first job in golf was the marketing job at TM.

#WCWCountry

Great episode.
Agreed, loved that reference, hearing Harry talk I can imagine how awesome it would be to work for him, I have no doubt he would encourage creativity and criticize duplication, you can totally tell why callaway is as awesome as they seem!

I listened on the way to work this morning and first let me say this is my favorite programming on THP Radio, its just so freaking good and consistently unique as the personalities being interviewed change.

Hell of an interview with Harry, and I loved the release cycle talk, its always interesting to hear their take on it all and how they are still continuing to try and find the niche that they themselves prefer, as well as the fact that it varies from club-type to club-type.

Excellent stuff.

Excellent listen, love the format of these episodes. You get a really good insight of the passion they have for the industry, I hope to get to know Harry one of these days and pick his brain a little. He seems like a really good guy!

I listened on the way to work also, great episode. It was interesting hearing how he got in the golf industry.

Another great interview. It's always a great interview when you sit down with Harry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ImWithHarry

Finally got to listen in this morning. Great show as always, as someone who has to wear the marketing hat at work hearing Harry's insights into how he approaches his efforts was really good to listen to.

This was the episode I was most looking forward to and it did not disappoint.

I listened on the way to work this morning and first let me say this is my favorite programming on THP Radio, its just so freaking good and consistently unique as the personalities being interviewed change.

Hell of an interview with Harry, and I loved the release cycle talk, its always interesting to hear their take on it all and how they are still continuing to try and find the niche that they themselves prefer, as well as the fact that it varies from club-type to club-type.

Excellent stuff.

I listened on the way into work as well this morning. Perhaps THP can do a daily podcast, certainly made my drive much more bearable.

I listened on the way into work as well this morning. Perhaps THP can do a daily podcast, certainly made my drive much more bearable.

Would love to.
I assume you have the powers to add a couple of hours to the day? haha

Got to listen this morning and re-listened at lunch. Really a great interview with Harry. I like his pizza toppings and appreciated his candidness on release cycles.

Nice episode. Couldn’t agree more on his view on equipment purchases and how it is an expense. I think may people forget that, especially when they’re trying to sell off their old/new equipment.

Great listen... PB&J...really? Sheesh !

Hopefully it arrived on iPhones for people that have subscribed.

I've got to get in and listen to this one. Harry is a great interview, every time.

Hopefully it arrived on iPhones for people that have subscribed.

Showed up on mine no problem, downloaded and will listen to it on my car ride home after work

Another fantastic episode!

I had no idea that Harry played college golf but I can see it now that I think about it. Really enjoyed the thoughts on marketing and why does what they do and when, I’ve been a big fan of their social media and digital presence, it is definitely resonating with many consumers.

As it comes to release cycle, I think Harry nailed it with investment vs expense.

Nothing wrong with Good Wife, solid solid show. Nevs for the 10 footer, wasn’t surprised to hear that.

I think he said he was a soccer player in college, and didn't get into golf until around then. Could be wrong, I'm going to listen again anyway, it was that good. I thought it was cool he played soccer in college b/c that was the route I took. I never golfed until much later.

JB you guys sound good through the beats studio. Listening now

JB you guys sound good through the beats studio. Listening now

Thanks. This was recorded at their HQ in their sound room. Pretty neat setup.

I wondered what the change was. But it's certainly noticeable.

Great interview. I like that he has succeeded in the industry even though he didn't enter until later in his career. Gives us hope for that!

Ask those who work "with me" and get in the snow globe. So many good points in this.

That was a great show. I get a kick out of Harry, JB would fire away and Harry would ask "how bout you". Lots of good content in this broadcast. It also makes it clear why Harry is so comfortable with broadcasting. Coming up through talk radio, to sport talk radio, them to Russel athletics. The progression is very interesting. I think one of the coolest things I heard. I will never reprimand anyone for a mistake. Admitting to rinse repeat of some of the things other OEM's have done was interesting, but empowering in some kind of way. It lets me know they're human, and take pride in what they do. I'm a fan of the Zoo Crew because they as a group proceed with a passion, and an understanding of the consumers. One of my favorite shows thus far.

Back