Who uses pebble watch for Golf GPS?

That is awesome you got it so fast. You will have to let me know how you like it!

few quick toughts:
- my girlfriend hates the looks of the watch. I think its ok, a bit geeky, but ok. ( I got the white one)
- I do not wear it evey day, I like to change so I cant tell if the battery life claims are accurate, but it seems ok by the looks of it
- I installed a few golf apps on it ( swing by swing and golf pad) the setup is made easily, but I couldnt try them on a course, too much snow up here
- they lauched the pebble store yesterday... but only for crapple :(

few quick toughts:
- my girlfriend hates the looks of the watch. I think its ok, a bit geeky, but ok. ( I got the white one)
- I do not wear it evey day, I like to change so I cant tell if the battery life claims are accurate, but it seems ok by the looks of it
- I installed a few golf apps on it ( swing by swing and golf pad) the setup is made easily, but I couldnt try them on a course, too much snow up here
- they lauched the pebble store yesterday... but only for crapple :(

My wife does not like the look of the original pebble either. I will not be able to use on the course until maybe March at the soonest as I am in the cold tundra of Minnesota. I am excited to see how the app store works out. What do you mean by "but only for crapple"?

That is awesome you got it so fast. You will have to let me know how you like it!

also, not a fan of the rubber band, seems really cheap and make me sweat a lot more than the other plastic watches I have. The good thing is that its standard so I can go and buy any watch band and it will fit.

its fun to play with, many choices of watchfaces, some look cool, some are funny, most are geeky.

Not all the alerts are sent to the watch, depending on the app, I still need to get that sorted out. I get gmail, facebook call and texts, but no hotmail, titters nor tapatalk alerts

I'm pondering a Pebble Steel pretty hard, but I really want to see if Apple comes out with a watch this year.

I'm pondering a Pebble Steel pretty hard, but I really want to see if Apple comes out with a watch this year.

I was wanting to do the same thing until I saw the pebble steel. The other thing that made me buy the Steel is not knowing if Apple will come out with a smart watch. If they do and I like it, I will just sell my Pebble Steel and buy the Apple.

I was wanting to do the same thing until I saw the pebble steel. The other thing that made me buy the Steel is not knowing if Apple will come out with a smart watch. If they do and I like it, I will just sell my Pebble Steel and buy the Apple.

the only thing that we know for sure, is that if they come up with a watch, its not gonna look as good as the pebble steel. It will more than likely be too big like the google one or plasticky cheap like the original pebble

the only thing that we know for sure, is that if they come up with a watch, its not gonna look as good as the pebble steel. It will more than likely be too big like the google one or plasticky cheap like the original pebble

I love apple but I could see them coming out with some funky looking thing that doesn't even look like a watch. It will work awesome, but look terrible. That is my fear.

hi guys. to the pebble watch users, what is your preferred app? it seems to boil down to swing by swing golf vs golfpad right? for golfpad to be pebble watch compatible, you need to buy the upgraded version, correct? would like to hear your input/thoughts on both apps! thanks!

Any updates? With the original version being $150 and me having a $50 BestBuy gift card burning a hole in my pocket, this is on my ponder list and moving up in priority :)

Any updates? With the original version being $150 and me having a $50 BestBuy gift card burning a hole in my pocket, this is on my ponder list and moving up in priority :)
If you plan to use or primarily fou r golf, i would suggest going another route.

If you plan to use or primarily fou r golf, i would suggest going another route.

I'd actually get it as a watch, but use it for golf. The more I read, i may wait for gen2... the Steel sounds like just a hardware update without any real functionality improvements.

Works pretty well with golf pad.
I got the pebble for 90 $and like it as a smartwatch. I can get close to 7 days battery life on the watch if I don't use it for golf. Each round uses about 20 to 30% so expect 2 to 3 rounds and 2 to 3 days usage.
Its waterproof so good to use on vacation. Also if you run or cycle or even walk it hooks into some good apps on your phone to give live on screen data.
Of course you can use it for receiving texts and emails.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

my brother has one....he was one of the orginal kickstarter guys too......his has never worked right as a golf GPS, it freezes alot and displays the wrong hole at times

Sorry to resurrect, but FreeCaddie Pro as well.

hi guys. to the pebble watch users, what is your preferred app? it seems to boil down to swing by swing golf vs golfpad right? for golfpad to be pebble watch compatible, you need to buy the upgraded version, correct? would like to hear your input/thoughts on both apps! thanks!

We just picked up my wife a Pebble Time, she can't wait to use it on the course, the rangefinder app was one of the first she downloaded!

We just picked up my wife a Pebble Time, she can't wait to use it on the course, the rangefinder app was one of the first she downloaded!

She sounds like a good one! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on an Apple Watch and see what the GPS apps look like on there.

She sounds like a good one! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on an Apple Watch and see what the GPS apps look like on there.
Her Pebble was so much cheaper than the apple watch and for her it was worth saving the money, we'll see how it works long term for her, but short term, so far so good.

for those that have a pebble watch, has it proven to be durable physically?
and does anyone use it with hole 19?
I have a pebble and it is fully sealed other than buttons. It is very durable.

Don't use it with any app, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back