Under Armour shirts and shorts fade horribly

skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Handicap
I keep trying to like UA clothing because it is so comfortable but I can't get more than 6 or 8 rounds out of their shirts because they fade so badly. I'm giving up on their apparel. I love the shoes.

It's too bad because their fabrics are so good, especially the HeatGear.

Anyone else have this complaint? I play at 7000 feet elevation, the sun is very intense, so that might explain some of it but my other brands don't fade nearly as badly.

I'd be interested to hear others' comments.

Mark

I've not noticed that with my UA shirts but the colors (blue, green and gray) are sort of muted so I don't think it would be something that would jump out.

I've never had this problem. I've used UA clothing and shoes for years.

Bummer man. No issues that I've noticed with my UA gear either.

Me neither. I have a lot of UA gear and haven't noticed any fading. But maybe that's because I have so much that each piece isn't used all that often?

I basically only wear Under Armour and have never had a shirt or shorts fade. I kind of notice it the other way, I feel like they don't fade at all. They shouldn't fade really because they aren't dyed, the yarn is just made the color it is.

I almost wear UA exclusively as well and have never had a problem.

I basically only wear Under Armour and have never had a shirt or shorts fade. I kind of notice it the other way, I feel like they don't fade at all. They shouldn't fade really because they aren't dyed, the yarn is just made the color it is.

These are my findings as well. As soon as the tech fabrics came into existence, they stay bright and vibrant.

Y'all crazy. Look under the collars. Most of my UA stuff fades, especially heathered patterns. It's kind of what happens when you're out in the sun playing golf all day.

7f8ba596307c931668177afaae7ac734.jpg

IMG_2125 copy.jpgI can't see where to upload a photo (looked at faq's) but my shirt is similar in fade. Very sad, indeed.

Last edited:
I just looked at my oldest ones (2+ years) I have no fading. Are those the nylon shirts?

I gave up on UA this year after several years of use. They are on the wrong trajectory right now for clothing.

I gave up on UA this year after several years of use. They are on the wrong trajectory right now for clothing.

My UA golf clothing has held up pretty well, their active wear clothing quality has not been great for me though which has made me stop considering UA clothing (outside of the Project Rock line which is fantastic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all crazy. Look under the collars. Most of my UA stuff fades, especially heathered patterns. It's kind of what happens when you're out in the sun playing golf all day.

Oooh I have this shirt/color and it's my favorite of all my polos. Might have to retire it from golfing and just use casually

Oooh I have this shirt/color and it's my favorite of all my polos. Might have to retire it from golfing and just use casually
It was mine, too.

I just got rid of all of my under armour shirts but I think I the fading and the not holding up to washes were not the reason I got rid of them (the number of other polos I have were)

I’ve never had a problem with UA shirts fading. Their sizing on the other hand...

I have maybe 4 UA shirts that have faded, i assume to washing and not sun.

I play in the California sun, and wear UA shorts and shirts. I’ve not experienced any fading in any of their gear as yet.

I have maybe 4 UA shirts that have faded, i assume to washing and not sun.

In fairness I’ve had no shorts fade and all my shirts that did fade were predominately black and navy

I have not bought UA gear for years because of this. The AZ sun fades UA gear like crazy.

I guess since I am a proponent for UA I should state I live in the Ohio Valley where there is nearly always at least some clouds and haze in the sky and there are a ton of trees. Sounds like the desert might be a bit more intense.

My UA shirts have held up great no fading at all and i have some that are a few years old. Now i am not in the AZ sun but wear them all summer long.

I've got a very similar, if not same, shirt and it's just like that. I've also noticed the black UA shorts I have aren't black anymore.

I live in Nashville so no Arizona sun here.

Back