Do you Finish Strong?

Depends what we are talking about....:banana:

In golf, I would like to think s the round ends, the food is coming which makes me play a bit better

i think it's a mixed bag for me. i rarely birdie 18, but i also rarely make birdies so that's more the law of averages than finishing strong.

i don't know how to data-mine ushandicap.com to find out what my average score on 18 is. i think i usually bogey #1.

yesterday my last hole was 16 because i got started on 17. i knew i was going to post a good number and i had been driving the ball so well all day. i wasn't nervous at all standing over the ball. decent wind from the left, ob down the right, forced carry of around 180 off the tee. i proceed to push cut the drive ob. lots of choice words. re-tee piped down the middle, hit the green and two-putt for double. should have been a par for a pb. but honestly the pb wasn't in my head at all. i just made a bad swing on the wrong hole.

well...can I finish strong? yes. Do I? I can be as strong or mediocre or weak as I may be on the first hole or any other holes. The only thing I can count on is that I am consistently inconsistent..lol.

I try the same on every hole. Sometimes its ok sometimes great and sometimes bad. Don't matter the start the middle the front nor from hoe to hole. Just play the best I can and let the chips fall where they may and dont really have any control nor think about what par of the course I am on. Surely I want to finish strong but in the end they are really nothing more than any other holes and I always try to make them all good ones. if I was ever able to just get better at will, I'd be a better handicap because I'd be better all the time.

I have a few really good finishes. In club tournament down 3 with 4 to play, birdie 15, 16, 17 to get to even, birdie 18 to win 1 up. In another club match 2 down with 3 to play, birdie 16&17 to get to even, have 18 with par. Birdie the first extra hole to win 1 up in 19. Money game getting blitzed walking off 14 green. My partner tells me we got this you play the last 4 holes better than anyone. I play the last 4 in 3 under and turn a big loss into a small win.

The 2 courses I play a lot have Par5 , 4, 4, and the other one par 4, 3, 4
I average 5.1 on the 5, 3.6 on the 4, and 4.5 on the 4.
Best score was, Par - Birdie - Birdie

Other course I average 4.7 on the 4, 3.2 on the 3 and 4.4 on the 4.
Best score was Birdie - Par - Par which I have done a few times with birdie on all the holes to go with 2 pars.

First course finishing holes are a good bit easier.

The last three holes are the toughest if I didn't pop two Advil by the 12th hole. This is typically when my back starts getting tired and I start early extending. That causes shots to go right.... And on my home course that means into the water. I solved the problem on 16 and 17 by hitting a 5 iron off the tee on 16 and 17. It doesn't go far enough to get into the water. It can get close. But I'm left with a long shot up onto the greens. 17 can turn into a blow up hole. By 18 I just want to get the round over with - 4 iron off the tee and 6 iron onto the green.

Back