Masters hypothetical

Atxpkrgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
8&rising
Now I know this wouldn't happen because Jack would never ask but let's say he goes out and shoots seven under in the par three today and he feels better than he's felt in forever and decides he wants to play in the tournament.

Question 1. Can he per PGA rules ? Masters does what it wants but curîous if he can
Question 2. What does Chairman say? Yes? No? Have a meeting and vote?

Now I know this wouldn't happen because Jack would never ask but let's say he goes out and shoots seven under in the par three today and he feels better than he's felt in forever and decides he wants to play in the tournament.

Question 1. Can he per PGA rules ? Masters does what it wants but curîous if he can
Question 2. What does Chairman say? Yes? No? Have a meeting and vote?

PGA has no say in it. He technically gets a life time invitation. However, I believe all players must check in by a certain time on Monday?

1. The PGA really has no part of the decision. It's a private tournament run by Augusta National.
2. I would "think" the decision would be up to Chairman Ridley and Jim Hyler who heads the Masters Competition and rules committee.

The PGA has 0% say in anything that happens this week at The Masters. It is not their tournament. If Jack wanted to play, Jack would be out there playing imo. Even if he came up Thursday morning. They could pair him with Jeff Knox and send him out.

They should talk him out of it. On 2019 Augusta National, Jack would struggle to shoot 90. Just my opinion.

They should talk him out of it. On 2019 Augusta National, Jack would struggle to shoot 90. Just my opinion.

Last time Jack was out there, shot 85. Not sure of the yardage. 39 on the front, and a big ole 9 on the 15th.

I wonder who would score lower: Jack now or the broken down husk of Mike Weir

Last time Jack was out there, shot 85. Not sure of the yardage. 39 on the front, and a big ole 9 on the 15th.

2005 was the last time he played. The course has gotten longer and fast since then.

2005 was the last time he played. The course has gotten longer and fast since then.

He played recently with Jackie, his pilot, and his grandson.

Jack also knows this and wouldn't need to be talked out of it.

Members tees though

Members tees. He would not enjoy the tournament tees at his age, but I’m sure it’s because the ball is too long

Back