Looking for a face balanced putter

Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
Needs some help. Never been big on putter's, but that's probably a good reason why it's the thing I suffer with the most.

Looking to move onto something better fitted for my stroke then my no.9. I have a pretty straight back, straight forward stroke and have been told a face balanced putter will help me a lot more than my current club.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciative!\

Willing to go mallet, or no?

If you want a non-mallet putter thats face balanced you should look at the Ping Karsten TR Anser 5.

Mallet putter, you have literally hundreds of options.

Any good suggestions to try out. I am guessing a mallet style might be best

Odyssey V-Line, regular or tank version, very solid face balanced putter...

Odyssey V-Line, regular or tank version, very solid face balanced putter...

Agree with this.

Several Odyssey versions that have different looks with mallet, face-balanced qualities. Fang, No.7 style, jailbird. Just depends what you're looking for.

Odyssey also makes a 1w putter that looks like a wider blade and is face-balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

Several Odyssey versions that have different looks with mallet, face-balanced qualities. Fang, No.7 style, jailbird. Just depends what you're looking for.

Odyssey also makes a 1w putter that looks like a wider blade and is face-balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guys.

What about offerings from Scotty Cameron, Seemore or so forth. Was thinking of staying away from Odyssey this time

Thanks a lot guys.

What about offerings from Scotty Cameron, Seemore or so forth. Was thinking of staying away from Odyssey this time

The SC GoLo S I believe is the closest thing they have for a face balanced putter, it is a very good putter as well...

The SC GoLo S I believe is the closest thing they have for a face balanced putter, it is a very good putter as well...

I believe that the Futura X is face balanced, but is harder to find now. I could be wrong.

I have a GoLo 5 S and it is close, but would probably still be considered a toe hang.

Thanks for the insight guys, I will be heading to Golftown to roll some tonight. I will let you know how it goes!

Odyssey Jailbird is a great putter that can be found at a great price.

I went to get my old putter re-gripped and while I was waiting made the mistake of trying other clubs. Walked out with the SC Futura X. It has been a great putter.

You've used my GoLo 5 for a couple rounds and putted very well with it. It's not a face balanced design but pretty close.

So I tried a few putters today and made a decision.
It was between a Scotty Cameron Roundback, Scotty Cameron Newport and a Seemore Corona del mar X2.
I ended up leaving with the Seemore!

SeeMore ONEcs is a very good one. Also, the SeeMore m2c is very, very close to being face balalnced. Both blade style.

I guess there is still one option. There is a 2014 Scotty Cameron Squareback I have my eye on, but can't try it has to be ordered online.
Anyone know a good comparison between the Seemore corona del mar and the scotty square back?

Karsten TR. Its length can be adjusted too. I also use it for chutts and blutts. Never looked back.

Back