2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

First weigh in was Jan 3rd, topped in at 234.
Latest weigh in this morning, 211.4.

Goal weight of 180-185 is getting closer and closer and it feels really good!

Congrats.

I can say one thing for certain. At about 17/18 lbs off now and swinging the club without a larger stomach in the way is different. I have a bunch more to go but getting around and through with the swing does feel better. So does bending over to set tees and pick up balls.

I can say one thing for certain. At about 17/18 lbs off now and swinging the club without a larger stomach in the way is different. I have a bunch more to go but getting around and through with the swing does feel better. So does bending over to set tees and pick up balls.
Nicely done! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well after having a little bit of a lax time since returning from PGA show, it was nice to step on the scale today and see 184 even. Back on track this week as meals are being planned out. Also that marks 25 lbs lost. Would love to drop another 10-15ish before my birthday in April.

quoting this as it's from 2/15. My lax time lasted longer than I wanted to. I maintained weight pretty well bouncing back between 184-186 range. Last week it crept up towards 187, so I got back to it. This morning, 183 and change. Made some changes, added some Almond Milk to my morning smoothies, which drops the WW points by 2. Sounds small, but really comes in handy when only dealing with 34 points per day. We got back to making more meals from the recipe section. I wore golf pants over the weekend that I have no worn since spring 2013. Time to keep it going with the birthday just about 4 weeks away. Get in to the 170's and I'll be happy.

Just over 5 weeks since I switched up my diet and I've been stuck at 245 (roughly 10 pounds less than I started at) for the past week or two. But I'm still loosing fat/changing composition because the clothes are getting looser. I'm about to the point of needing a new belt as I'm on the last/tightest hole. I'm ready to hit the 230's again, preferably sooner than later.

a1b0e9a2f6ecbbd706f34d2993da7d5b.jpg

Been sort of stuck the last 3-4 weeks. Not really changing much either way. Now that I'm about 12-15 pounds from my goal weight I really need to focus in on hitting the important stuff. Bought this over the weekend and learned a ton. Putting his meal plan and workout plan into effect starting today

Glad to see the wife jump on board with eating healthy and fitness. Not that she need it at all, but allows us to do something together. Just finished up our first week of T25 and mapping out our meals for the week. Allows me to cook and she is also looking to pick up
The 21 day fix.

FINALLY cracked that 200lb threshold! I weighed in at 196.4lb this morning. :) :) :) :)

Damn, I think I pulled my groin at Orange Theory today. I have never done this before, but it's quite uncomfortable.

Ooof yeah it's painful. Go easy, it can take time to heal.

Damn, I think I pulled my groin at Orange Theory today. I have never done this before, but it's quite uncomfortable.

Ouch rest that up. Had a pull in that area a few years back and took awhile to heal.

Ibuprofen and a wheelchair are my suggestions. :act-up:

I have access to a body scanner that give you the break down of lean mass, fat mass and some other data. So I went the other day and I am highly disappointed in my scan although it was slightly better than the one two years ago.

Time for this tubster to crack down and drop some serious weight and pack on lean mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed OT this afternoon ... lots of treadmill work, along with upper body/arm work.

Just checking in people needed a little support I ran into my wife's steak fajitas last night I held up real well I only had 2 but feel like crap this morning.

Really enjoyed OT this afternoon ... lots of treadmill work, along with upper body/arm work.

That's what we did too. Then we did 3 minutes of ab blasts and that's when I hurt myself, doing the same damn exercise that made this area hurt last week too. We did plank to hip tucks, you basically stay in a plank position and take the opposite leg, twist it under your body and have your knee touch the opposite elbow. Apparently I am that inflexible because doing that put a huge strain on my groin and now I am walking like I got off a horse.

I am going to class tomorrow though, I am sure it will be better by then.

I have access to a body scanner that give you the break down of lean mass, fat mass and some other data. So I went the other day and I am highly disappointed in my scan although it was slightly better than the one two years ago.

Time for this tubster to crack down and drop some serious weight and pack on lean mass.

Damn! I'm jealous that your have access to a dexascan.

We did AB blast yesterday. Today was a 2 min row for distance followed by weights, then a 4 min row to double the distance from the 2 min. Then 5 bloccks on the treadmill with 20 jump squats. I could not catch my breath and killed it.
That's what we did too. Then we did 3 minutes of ab blasts and that's when I hurt myself, doing the same damn exercise that made this area hurt last week too. We did plank to hip tucks, you basically stay in a plank position and take the opposite leg, twist it under your body and have your knee touch the opposite elbow. Apparently I am that inflexible because doing that put a huge strain on my groin and now I am walking like I got off a horse.

We did AB blast yesterday. Today was a 2 min row for distance followed by weights, then a 4 min row to double the distance from the 2 min. Then 5 bloccks on the treadmill with 20 jump squats. I could not catch my breath and killed it.

That sounds awful and amazing. I really wanted to go to class today, but I didn't want to take a chance of hurting myself more. I am convinced I will be fine tomorrow though.

It's pretty sweet and depressing at the same time. As soon as they get a new wall built they will be able to do the scan with bone density and mass. I will be going back when that is available. I will be going back in 3months for a check up on progress regardless though and working with there sports med guy to tweak my workout.

We used it for a study dealing with spec ops peeps 2yrs ago and as sound as funding drops we will be doing another study with human performance wing.

I like that they have consistent classes, the only variation we had was, we did the hip tucks on the Bosu ball thingy ... I am sort of comically doing it, because I have no coordination, as well as no balance ...

Rest up, plenty of time this week left.
That sounds awful and amazing. I really wanted to go to class today, but I didn't want to take a chance of hurting myself more. I am convinced I will be fine tomorrow though.

Have you looked into doing bodpod? I'm considering doing it and wish I would have done it when I first started with my trainer. Only one I found close to me was in Towson.

Back