The 2019 Odyssey Experience Event Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as both the event thread and live update thread as we keep it all in the same spot for this one. We have some special announcements for our participants that change the landscape of this event from awesome to amazing.

OE-THP%20logo-S.png

When & Where
May 17th-May19th
Hammock Beach Golf Club, Palm Coast, FL

Details
Eight lucky THPers will enjoy a weekend that is filled with putters, putting and more. You will meet four members of Team Odyssey including those in charge of creation, design and bringing the putters to market. You will get fit for a new putter and get it on sight to use all weekend long, along with tons of other fun swag. You will then play 36 holes of golf over two days at the beautiful Hammock Beach Resort with these same people and enjoy each evening asking questions and learning about the brand, putters and so much more. We can confirm that Sean Toulon, Luke Williams, Austie Rollinson and Tony Toulon will all be there.

Friday Evening: Private Dinner and Putter Education Begins
Saturday Morning: Putter Fitting at course
Saturday Afternoon: Round of Team Golf on the Ocean Course
Saturday Evening: Group Dinner to discuss putter R&D
Sunday Morning: Play a round of golf with with Odyssey and THPers at the Conservatory
Depart

The Teams
Team Design
Sean Toulon
Austie Rollinson
misike
mikeg_74
fflmaster
Parrot

Team Create
Luke Williams
Tony Toulon
cpaulsell
Doubleb21
Mancest
cbaker2882

The Competition and Putter Choices
Every participant will be selecting a putter based on exactly what they want (PM Incoming from GolferGal) out of the Stroke Lab lineup. At the event, you will go through a fitting with the team. From there, they will create and build another putter you are fit into (any Odyssey available). Every participant will get this 2nd putter. Members of the winning team...Theirs will be from THE GARAGE!

The SWAG LIST
Well, that is a secret for now. But it is plentiful and AWESOME.
This will all be given out at the group dinner together.

The Golf Course & Experience
Hammock Beach is one of the premier destinations on the coast for golf and THPers have raved about this facility at every chance they get. The top picture is the Ocean course, with multiple holes that play right along the Atlantic Ocean. The second is the Conservatory course, which is an absolute gem of a golf course, and might even be the better of the two.

i-hgMfPtR-M.jpg

i-NkzDM37-M.jpg

Heading to Odyssey to look at all the strokelab models....... But man this is mind blowing stuff!

Heading to Odyssey to look at all the strokelab models....... But man this is mind blowing stuff!
Once you have a chance to demo them you're going to like how they feel.

Once you have a chance to demo them you're going to like how they feel.

No demo, I already PMed GG back. It is like looking at a menu, go with your first choice and never look back otherwise you will never be happy with what you end up with.

Damn those pics bring me back.

Looking forward to seeing the surprises you guys have in store for you.

Man that is going to be so AWESOME! I am going to walk next door to the golf store and try some out here in a bit.

it will be really interesting to see the differences between what is chosen by the participants vs what the odyssey guys fit them into. this event really is shaping up to be spectacular!

it will be really interesting to see the differences between what is chosen by the participants vs what the odyssey guys fit them into. this event really is shaping up to be spectacular!

I have zero idea which way to go. I have never had a putter fitting and not sure what i should look at.

This is just awesome. Have a few top contenders I’m leaning towards. Marxman, 7 and V-line.

The 2019 Odyssey Experience Event Thread

A garage putter for the winning team???? Business just picked up gentlemen!

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! F'n amazing!

Man that is going to be so AWESOME! I am going to walk next door to the golf store and try some out here in a bit.

I have no idea which one I'm going to pick. I liked the Marxman when I ended up going with the 7S. I'm tempted to go with the Double Wide but the Nine looks good too. Well, they all look great!

Choose and then get fitted is very cool. Will be interesting to see what if any changes come from the fitting.

Choose and then get fitted is very cool. Will be interesting to see what if any changes come from the fitting.

blades picked before, mallets fit into after haha

This should be pretty amazing.

I literally have no response worthy. Just WOW!!

Team Design or Create. Doesn’t matter at all right now, we all won.

Excitement level just keeps increasing daily at this point. Can’t wait to meet everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Create
Luke Williams
Tony Toulon
cpaulsell
Doubleb21
Mancest
cbaker2882

Legggoooooooo

This is going to be fun, sorry for those that ended up on Team Design, at least you'll get to play a couple great golf courses and get some cool gear.

This thread will serve as both the event thread and live update thread as we keep it all in the same spot for this one. We have some special announcements for our participants that change the landscape of this event from awesome to amazing.

OE-THP%20logo-S.png

When & Where
May 17th-May19th
Hammock Beach Golf Club, Palm Coast, FL

Details
Eight lucky THPers will enjoy a weekend that is filled with putters, putting and more. You will meet four members of Team Odyssey including those in charge of creation, design and bringing the putters to market. You will get fit for a new putter and get it on sight to use all weekend long, along with tons of other fun swag. You will then play 36 holes of golf over two days at the beautiful Hammock Beach Resort with these same people and enjoy each evening asking questions and learning about the brand, putters and so much more. We can confirm that Sean Toulon, Luke Williams, Austie Rollinson and Tony Toulon will all be there.

Friday Evening: Private Dinner and Putter Education Begins
Saturday Morning: Putter Fitting at course
Saturday Afternoon: Round of Team Golf on the Ocean Course
Saturday Evening: Group Dinner to discuss putter R&D
Sunday Morning: Play a round of golf with with Odyssey and THPers at the Conservatory
Depart

The Teams
Team Design
Sean Toulon
Austie Rollinson
misike
mikeg_74
fflmaster
Parrot

Team Create
Luke Williams
Tony Toulon
cpaulsell
Doubleb21
Mancest
cbaker2882

The Competition and Putter Choices
Every participant will be selecting a putter based on exactly what they want (PM Incoming from GolferGal) out of the Stroke Lab lineup. At the event, you will go through a fitting with the team. From there, they will create and build another putter you are fit into (any Odyssey available). Every participant will get this 2nd putter. Members of the winning team...Theirs will be from THE GARAGE!

The SWAG LIST
Well, that is a secret for now. But it is plentiful and AWESOME.
This will all be given out at the group dinner together.

The Golf Course & Experience
Hammock Beach is one of the premier destinations on the coast for golf and THPers have raved about this facility at every chance they get. The top picture is the Ocean course, with multiple holes that play right along the Atlantic Ocean. The second is the Conservatory course, which is an absolute gem of a golf course, and might even be the better of the two.

i-hgMfPtR-M.jpg

i-NkzDM37-M.jpg

Putter chosen. Let's do this.

So would Tuttle be an acceptable choice?

Tuttle, Double Wide, #7... they are all superb. My 2 cents after going through a fitting: don't forget to get the neck shape right.

Back