Looks like a great concept. I wonder how, or if it would work with jumbo grips.

I emailed Ogio about this yesterday because I use midsize grips. Here's their response.

We advertise this bag to only fit standard grip sizes. However we have heard the same reviews where midsized grips work on some case by case bags. However again we do not advertise this only standard grip sizes.

Thanks,

Ogio Customer Service

Sucks because I was thinking about getting one.

I emailed Ogio about this yesterday because I use midsize grips. Here's their response.

We advertise this bag to only fit standard grip sizes. However we have heard the same reviews where midsized grips work on some case by case bags. However again we do not advertise this only standard grip sizes.

Thanks,

Ogio Customer Service

Great question to ask, knocks it out for me too unfortunately.

Thanks,

Ogio Customer Service

Oh well, I suppose they're going after the bigger market. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I just want to reiterate, I have oversized grips on some clubs and they fit in just fine. They won't fit JumboMax or putter grips.

I'm pretty sure they made this for me. I always liked the BagBoy bag with the built in clips, but I've only seen the cart version. I'm looking to get a stand bag for when I play by myself and this looks like the one. Going to have to search this out.

I have this bag and I am a huge fan. I'll post some pics soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the title, opened the thread and immediately saw those first 2 pics and was like WHAT?!?! Haha.

I think this sounds like a great idea, it does make sense, people invest thousands on their clubs and they're always clanking around in the bag. I hate that! BUT, this does seem to create a pretty bulky bag and I know that a lot of people won't really love that (me included). I'll keep an eye out for these in stores to have a look in person though for sure.

I find it roughly the same size as the sun mountain four 5

I have seen this before on their previous model bags. Really liked the concept just never pulled the trigger. I play with Iron covers so this hasn't been a huge concern for me. But with that said I have really wanted to try one of these bags. Just wished the color options were larger.

Did not like the cart bag version I had several years ago because the side pockets were too small due to the locking structure. I heard that has been improved on newer models.

I hate the sound of my forged clubs banging together. I have the Silencer cart bag. In fact, this is my second Ogio bag with the Silencer Club Protection System. My previous Ogio had a zipperless ball pocket that eventually gave out and started spilling balls all over the parking lot. My new Ogio Silencer cart bag has a zippered ball pocket. It is very easy to insert and remove clubs from the bag. I have mid-sized Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips on all of my clubs. I have not seen any wear on the grips from the Silencer system and they fit just fine. I personally remove all of the labels from my club shafts so the Silencer System is a non-issue with those. I purchased my 2015 bag on eBay at a significant saving over a 2016 bag. Features are the same. The only difference is colors.

I've seen systems like this before, albeit in much cheaper bags, and I suspect nowhere near as well done. My main concern would be how easy it is to get the clubs out of the bag as you needed them. As someone that isn't too bothered about a bit of bag chatter (I don't seem to get to much with my 14 way divider), not sure this would be for me. Nice looking bag though.

I looked at one of these at TGW, the salesman cam over and told me to turn it upside down and give it a shake. It held the clubs in place. I pulled maybe 3 clubs out to look at the grips and there was no sign of rubbing/scuffing on them. Hoping this will be the bag the wife gets me for my birthday this year. :D

Dare I say it... How about any bag of your choice and using iron covers to prevent bag chatter? I've been doing it for years and I don't care what GolfDigest or other golfers have to say. All I know is my irons are protected and remain looking new.

I like the looks of this bag.

I've had two Ogio bags with their Silencer tech over the past two years. In 2014 I had the Chamber cart bag and currently I have the 2015 Silencer stand bag. Unless something better comes along I don't see myself moving to any other bag without the Silencer tech. I've had a few sets of irons during the period and have never had shaft bands damaged. The bags will put a little extra wear on the last/top .25" of grip or so, but very little. All I've noticed is the cord portion of cord grips fraying a little, but no damage to the rubber. I also have had midsize grips on irons in both bags without issue. I currently use MCC Plus4 grips without issue.

The only cons I've encountered were the rubber foot/trigger on the leg assembly on the stand bag would slip off the metal spring portion of the assembly. So I zip tied the metal spring to the foot and haven't had issues since.

I also noticed that occasionally the grips don't lock into place if you push the clubs into the bag at the wrong angle sometimes. But I haven't found it to be a deal breaker as it only happens occasionally and usually self corrects when driving to the next shot or when removing/replacing another club.

I think its cool that they are releasing one with the Woode Layout, would love to try one out.

If I walked or carted regularly I would almost certainly use this bag, but being a die hard Clicgear user this setup just isn't necessary for me. As far as filling a need that some golfers have I think this bag does a pretty solid job.

I love mine. I purchased the cart version for my Clickgear. I just hated the sounds of my clubs banging around.

I love mine. I purchased the cart version for my Clickgear. I just hated the sounds of my clubs banging around.

I had that problem with my old bag, a Nike Hybrid Air... clubs were banging around while using a push cart. Since I switched to the Tiltleist midsize staff bag, clubs stay in place really well. No complaints at all.

I really want this bag. Cannot stand all the bag chatter when driving in the cart

Forgot to mention that in addition to the large putter well (that should hold just about any sized putter grip) there are 14 slots. This means that there is room for 13 clubs plus alignment sticks, ball retriever, stiff arm, etc.

looks like one of these will be arriving in for review shortly. Pretty excited to give it a go.

Just ordered one of these, I really don't like chatter on my irons so I'm hoping this bag is the answer & isn't a pain putting in & taking out clubs

Just ordered one of these, I really don't like chatter on my irons so I'm hoping this bag is the answer & isn't a pain putting in & taking out clubs

Tiny bit of a pain, but absolutely works as advertised

Back