Putting versus hitting balls!!

I always try to spend at least 5 - 10 minutes putting. Usually don't hit balls regularly before a round. But if I did, probably 5-10 minutes hitting balls too.

I usually try to hit balls for 10-15 minutes before I play. I rarely putt before I play and that is something I need to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here, none usually. At nicer courses, I like this hit balls for at least 10 to 15 minutes, then putt for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

I think I need to start practicing putting longer than hitting balls!

20 chipping and 20 putting, then off to the first tee.

These days I don't seem to arrive in time to warm up before playing. If I do have time, I probably spend too much time on the range and not enough putting.

Usually just swing the orange whip to stretch out then go to the first tee. Actually one of my goals this year is to start warming up properly. Hit some balls, then chip and putt.

I'm okay if I only get a few minutes at each. I just need to get the body moving
Spoiler

855313_l.jpg

at the range to get the fat shots out of my system and then figure out the speed of the greens.

Average of both is 0 98% of the time. Typically load my clubs on my ClicGear, poke my head in the pro shop to tell them I am going out and then head straight for the first tee.

I like to arrive at the course an hour early and warm up leisurely on the range. I'll hit a bunch with my 54 with partial swings focusing on contact. Then I'll hit up the bag working on turn and tempo. By the time I get to driver I am swinging full force lol. 3 good drives and off to the putting green and usually about 20 to 30 min at my home course. At any other course I usually miss the putting green which is terrible lol

I try to show up an hour early always. I'll hit the range for about 20 minutes. 10 min of that is pitch shots 40 to 80 yds. The next 10 full swings. The remainder time is all short game. 15 minutes of chipping and 25 minutes of putting.

30 mins range 15 chipping, 15 putting.

Edit: I mis-read initially. Before a round ...

I most often play without any warm up. If I do anything, I will putt for a few minutes. On rare occasions I will hit a few balls first.

I will hit balls for about 15 mins and putt for about 10 mins. Not too much more than that for either.

5 or so balls is my norm and I will putt for maybe 5 minutes

Chipping before a round seems to help me the most it calms me down for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like to get to the course early but I do try to get 10-15 minutes of putting in before every round. If I have more time it would be spent working on chipping/pitches.

To be honest, my average round I don't warm up at all. If I have time I will typically just warm up on the putting green for most if not all of my time.

30 minutes range
30 minutes chip & putt

I try to get to the course with enough time to stretch a little, warm up with a small bucket and hit about a dozen putts.
I find that if I putt a lot before the round, it throws my speed reading off since I have yet to find a practice green that is any where near the same speed as the course greens.

I like to be able to putt and chip for 10-25 minutes before I start a round, also make a decent amount of full swings to try and loosen up.

In my home course - zero preparation. One cigarette and I'm good to go.

Usually in other courses - 5 minutes putting, 5 minutes chipping, 5 minutes stretching

Ideally, if I have the chance - half an hour range time, 5 minutes putting

I usually like to give myself enough time to hit about 20 balls on the range and putt for 30 minutes. That's enough time to loosen up. If I don't have enough time to do both, I will lag putt to get my brain calibrated to the speed of the greens. Then loosen up with my orange whip. I'll tee off with my 4 iron on the first hole to save from hitting a breakfast ball.

Why? I was told by a former tour pro: get to the course 90 minutes before your round so you can hit a small bucket, do a little chipping, and putt. If you only have a half hour before your tee time, lag putt.

I always putt before a round. Seldom hit balls on the range before a round unless there's something I'm trying that day and I want to hit it on the range prior to playing. Always putt before a round though. Last thing I do on the putting green before leaving for the 1st tee is sink 2 six footers, gets me in a good putting mood.

Back