play this par5 second shot

Yellow line either my 3h or heavenwood depending on course conditions that day.

I don't have many opportunities to go for eagles on par 5s but when I do, i take advantage

I'm somewhat prone to pulling it so the yellow line option is all about that tree for me. How tall is it? How high are the branches trimmed under it? Taking the yellow line, I'd hate to clip it and kick into the marsh or lake, or have to try to play my 3rd under those branches with that long bunker between me and the green. So I'd likely try to fade something up on or near the front of the green, (orange option). The trap kind of favors that option too, in that it provides a little safety buffer from getting into real trouble if I overcook the fade.

The tree is not in the way of the carry for the green but if one hits a low flight (which is not the way to go at this anyway) it can then hit the tree. Or if your short the tree would gobble up the mishit and/or not allow the ball to even get to the bunker.

Going straight at it. Great opportunity for birdie or better. Or worse.

If the lie is good and I've been hitting my irons solid all day, then I'm taking a 4 iron on the yellow line. I'm not worried about the tree as it is down far enough where my ball flight should be at it's peak or just starting to come down as it gets to the tree (if I've pulled my shot).

I'm probably pulling a 4 iron and going left of the bunkers and trying a little fade. More than likely I'll end up short of the actual green but should have an easy little chip.

Yellow: More often than not I would go for it. 4i. I wouldn't setup for a draw but would think draw as my swing thought. Short, the sand trap in front wouldn't be the worst place to be for me as long as the ball isn't buried in a lip or something. Left would solid. And if I nail it, I'm hoping for a 3-putt par. ;-(

Blue. Probably with an easy, choked up 7-wood. From 75, I go for the pin. Par on a 5 is good, birdie is great.

I would probably go with the blue line first time around, going with an 8 iron.

After that if I feel like I am striking the ball well, I would probably try a 5 iron and see if I can turn it over similar to the red line.
That line and turning it over does not make any sense :alien:

From 211 I'm going for it every time. Laying up with 54 or58 in my case to try and have about 100 in doesn't make sense.

Blue line, 6I ish and see what happens

5hydrid and aim just left of the green and hope that I hit there or with my fade Im on the green

The tree is not in the way of the carry for the green but if one hits a low flight (which is not the way to go at this anyway) it can then hit the tree. Or if your short the tree would gobble up the mishit and/or not allow the ball to even get to the bunker.
OK then I change my strategy and go after it on the yellow line. I'm likely going to end up just a little short with my 16.5 hybrid but I like my chances to get it real close with a short chip or sand shot than I do from 70 yards out. The yellow line at least gives me the chance I catch my hybrid pure and have the rare putt at eagle.

Since I typically play a fade with my longer clubs, I'd follow the orange line and take 3H. If I hit it good it rolls up the left edge of the green and I have an eagle putt, if I don't I have an easy half wedge to the green.

Taking the yellow line and hitting either a soft hybrid or a 4 iron depending on the wind

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As long as it's not the first hole or two I would have to say it would depend on how my swing feels for the day, yellow line if I feel good maybe a smooth Apex 4h, but if it feels a little off, I would be aiming for whatever layup number I have been super confident with, let's say aiming for 50 yards out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably taking the blue line here

My attempt would be to hit my SLDR Mini on the orange line. I usually get a pretty decent fade/cut when I hit it off the deck. I may not get enough distance on it to get to the green, but that would be my hope.

Eh time to play smart and give myself a chance to score. Green or blue all day depending on conditions and my day.

Depends on the lie ... but fire a 4-iron to the left edge of the green and let my natural fade take it to the middle of the green. If it stays straight, then I have a long putt for eagle. So I'm in between the green & yellow. If I want to be bold, I'll take an easy 5-wood right over the bunker to the middle of the green, no problem.

I would play the blue line.

I'd play the yellow line; 4 iron if the wind is behind, if not maybe a 3 iron. My tendency is a draw so even if I miss it a touch that I should still be left of the water or at worst in the bunker.

Blue or green line are virtually the same. I'm left with a wedge shot to the green. I'm looking at required club carry. I want to carry the rough. I'd probably hit a 6 iron and play my shot between the blue and green line.

The yellow line is out of the question. It requires an carry distance with my 5W that I can hit about 25% of the time. Also, there is the fact that I only hit my 5W maybe once every two or three rounds.

If the wind is cooperating then it's a hybrid to the middle of the green 211 is just about a perfect number. If the wind is not good then it's a 7i laying up down the blue line for an "easy" up and down.

Back