slimjim32

Reaction score
Handicap
When gripping your putter, do you find that your grip is equal between your hands? Or does one hand have a stronger grip than the other.

I have found that I have much better distance control when I have more pressure in my right hand than compared to my left.

Had to grab my putter and try it, very neutral between the two hands.

If your talking grip pressure, mine is equal between the two hands or ever so slightly greater with my dominant right hand. On a scale of one to ten my pressure is about a two.

My grip pressure is light and about even in both hands.

I use the claw grip so my left hand is dominate. I would say 70/30, left to right hand.

Very light grip pressure overall with slightly more pressure in my left hand. Have little to no pressure on the grip with my right thumb and index finger.

Equal for me. I just try to wrap my fingers around the grip to leverage the weight of the club onto the fat of my thumbs in the palms. While, at the same time, trying to place the tip of my thumbs square down the grip and feeling the texture of the grip lightly like I was slightly smudging a thumb print. Once comfortable, I'm set and keep things still. If I think about anything after that it is just where the thumbs rest on top of each other and keeping the feeling there the same during the stroke . Pressure, is just enough to keep everything secure, probably like Tahoe I guess a 2 outta 10.

I feel like a dork trying to explain it, hopefully that even makes sense. I don't even consider myself a good putter, so there is that.

I'd probably just try doing what Harvey Penick said, "Son, let's try holding that putter the way the man who made the grip intended for you to hold it. Just make your hands fit it."

If you are comfortable, it doesn't change during the putt, and you can line it up... I think you're alright.

When gripping your putter, do you find that your grip is equal between your hands? Or does one hand have a stronger grip than the other.

I have found that I have much better distance control when I have more pressure in my right hand than compared to my left.

Same here. If my left gets tighter then my tempo gets fast and jerky and I bomb them by. Pros say you should practice one handed, so it makes sense to me to grip it more with that dominant hand and let the other relax so you can replicate the one handed feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back