Graphite iron shaft recommendation

Knockdown

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about trying out some graphite irons shafts...I currently play kbs your 90 in stiff and the awt 2.0 in regular flex. Driver swing speed around 100 and I have a smooth transition and tempo. I’m by no means a sweeper and tend to dig pretty good. Looking for a few graphite iron shaft recommendations to try. Also, what do you guys do for wedge shafts once you transition to graphite in irons?

And I know, get fit, but I live out in the country in the middle of nowhere so it’s easier for me to order a couple of 7 irons with a couple different shafts than go get fit..

Thanks for the help,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of really good options. Are you trying to stay in that same weight range of shaft? If so, I would tell you to try out the UST Recoil Proto 95s. That is what I play and prior to that played the KBS Tour 90 for a brief time.

Look no further than UST Recoils. Tons of weight, kick point and flex options. UST has a fitting tool on their website that would at least give you a good start on what to try.

Project X Catalyst is another very good option. I have less experience with these overall, but those that are playing them really like them.

UST Recoils are fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made the transition to Aerotech Steelfiber i95's a few years back and have never been happier. Used to play similar steel shafts like you, the Aerotech's don't feel like a lot of the other graphite shafts. Have kind of that hybrid steel/graphite feeling, but you get all the benefit of what graphite has to offer. I gained a whole club lengths distance on each iron when I switched as well.

Thinking about trying out some graphite irons shafts...I currently play kbs your 90 in stiff and the awt 2.0 in regular flex. Driver swing speed around 100 and I have a smooth transition and tempo. I’m by no means a sweeper and tend to dig pretty good. Looking for a few graphite iron shaft recommendations to try. Also, what do you guys do for wedge shafts once you transition to graphite in irons?

And I know, get fit, but I live out in the country in the middle of nowhere so it’s easier for me to order a couple of 7 irons with a couple different shafts than go get fit..

Thanks for the help,

While a little lighter, the UST Recoil SmacWrap's in 780ES F4 Hard Stepped might be a good choice.

I am a big fan of steel fibers

Wow that was fast! This place is awesome thanks for all the responses. So far I have a cf16 7 iron with a recoil 780 es f4 inbound from eBay at a pretty good price. Should be a good starting point I reckon. Will look for a steelfiber in 95grams next.

Wow that was fast! This place is awesome thanks for all the responses. So far I have a cf16 7 iron with a recoil 780 es f4 inbound from eBay at a pretty good price. Should be a good starting point I reckon. Will look for a steelfiber in 95grams next.

Recoils are amazing. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1 for Recoils. The smacwrap series is phenomenal. I have the 95s in my wedges and enjoy those as well.

As others have said, Recoils are great. The few swings I took with the Catalyst felt very nice too.

Are you guys putting the same shafts in your wedges as you do your irons when switching to graphite?

Are you guys putting the same shafts in your wedges as you do your irons when switching to graphite?

I've seen both matching irons and wedges and wedges having steel.

I just got the cf16 shafted with an f4 780 and I really like the way it swings, feels much more head heavy than my steel shafted irons. I like that. Won’t have a chance to hit any balls with it for a Lilly’s while bit def looking forward to it.

I was fit (specifically looking to move from steel to graphite) into SteelFiber i95 regular flex (coming from DG120 S). Also hit various Recoil shafts, iirc I also had good results with the Recoil 110. Since I am a glutton for punishment (and like to experiment), I decided to try a different head (Hot Metal Pro) on my own. Ordered up a 7i with Recoil 95. Liked it fine. Went in for a lesson and they had a Mizuno fitting cart so I asked to try the PX LZ Tour. First tried the 5.0 and liked it a lot, though I could feel it moving a bit much at transition. Swapped to the 6.0 and that was the winner. I know conventional wisdom is weight is often a main factor, but for whatever reason I've been able to move from 120g to 95g to now about 86g plus or minus. Lots of great options.

Recoils are Awesome!!
I would love to compare the Project X shafts side by side.

Yes, but a little heavier in the higher lofted wedges. Chipping with Recoils is great, soft yet stable is the best description.

Yes/No, I use i95's in my irons and i110cw for my wedges.

I had to put different in my wedges but it was a shaft tip issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back