Selling golf clubs on Craigslist

WICHITAREJECT

STODGY SKULLS
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since I have a spectacular set of brand new clubs (THANK YOU COBRA/PUMA GOLF!) I decided to sell my Titleist AP2's on Craigslist. Was contacted by a young kid and sold them on the first day. My question to THP is if I should have steered him in a different direction since he is a relatively "new" golfer? Or should I be a typical Craigslist huckster, take my money and run??!!

Since I have a spectacular set of brand new clubs (THANK YOU COBRA/PUMA GOLF!) I decided to sell my Titleist AP2's on Craigslist. Was contacted by a young kid and sold them on the first day. My question to THP is if I should have steered him in a different direction since he is a relatively "new" golfer? Or should I be a typical Craigslist huckster, take my money and run??!!

take money and run... if he's a new golfer he'll struggle for a while with anything he buys anyway

The AP2 is a solid set of irons and while not the most forgiving out there, it might have been what he wanted.

The AP2 is a solid set of irons and while not the most forgiving out there, it might have been what he wanted.

This makes perfect sense, but I feel like telling EVERYONE to check out the F9's first!!

No way dude, places like this, on the course and social media are where you give recs

Craigslist/ebay/marketplace SELL SELL SELL

Sell and don’t look back. Something like 85% of golfers have never been through a proper fitting and likely never will.

Take the money... no need to run! Lots of information available for any and all clubs and I’m sure it’s not your job to inform the potentially uninformed.... And, JB said it already ... may have been what he wanted in the first place.

You did nothing wrong IMHO. If someone wants something I am selling, I won't get in the way.

Nah, you arent his fitter, his dad, or his coach.

Take the money and sleep well.

No way dude, places like this, on the course and social media are where you give recs

Craigslist/ebay/marketplace SELL SELL SELL

I should expect this from my favorite shoe salesman!!!!!

If I look on Craigslist for something, I know what I'm looking for.

Like others have said, take the money and sleep well.

He is lucky that he got a good guy on the internet that didn't sell him counterfeit equipment.

It’s hard enough to find good buyers. Why make it even harder by trying to figure out what clubs are best for them?

I would have no issue with that sale. As a buyer or as a seller.

I legit sold a set of irons I used (all 5'10 of me) to a guy pushing 7 feet tall. Showed up at my door and I pointedly made sure he still wanted them due to the difference in size. Saw him on the course 3 days later hunched over swinging my old clubs lol.

Your job is to sell, not give advice. Giving advice on a craigslist sale is like giving advice to a stranger at the driving range. Its not wanted and its not asked for. Take the money and be happy.

Just Sell.

He was probably happy to find those on Craiglist. I get rid of not so great stuff to beginners usually. Just sell.

Played with some kids today. Both were playing players irons and smoking them.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe he knew what he doing and wanted a set to "grow into"... Your conscience should be clear!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I guess if he had never swung a club in his life and you really felt like you were taking advantage of him then sure you should have followed your gut and steered him in another direction.
Nothing to me is worse than someone who is grossly fit into the wrong gear. I would rather help a new golfer enjoy the game by starting off on a positive note.
But if you had not seen him swing there may be a chance that he will be fine with his new clubs.
In the end as long as he paid a fair price not knowing the market,, all is good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, just sell. You set a price, he made an offer you were comfortable accepting, end of story. You had something he wanted, and paid you accordingly.

If you were also suggesting that you’d fit the buyer in the ad, that’s a dodfeeent story.

Back