Nice..

6997e06c8f871bbd8d645b5849370f8e.jpg

Baby backs today

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Those got a long way to go brother.

Those got a long way to go brother.
About 3 more hours, gulfstream G5 might get you here in time for dinner :)

be16e3ba249958a15b30ffc26e40554c.jpg

e8c1ea5fab4049e2744de46465418104.jpg

Ready to carve

Sposey, put that in the bbq thread. That bird looks fantastic btw

Sposey, put that in the bbq thread. That bird looks fantastic btw
Just put it there, it came out really yummy

At Costco right now

b98d65120f196b53cf38941254603d24.jpg

8fdd6fc1648d6fb8e796581845b0a57e.jpg

33955b2275bf8aee983aa1d6dbb7bb83.jpg

That is a great price...definitely going this route for my next grill.

Yeah it is and it looks pretty solid.

Looking at reviews now...most seem to be positive. Others have quoted that the bottom door tend to let air draw in and temps are hard to keep consistent.

I really want to get away from always having to resort to gas and the Komodo style grills have definitely been a ponder for some time.

Looking at reviews now...most seem to be positive. Others have quoted that the bottom door tend to let air draw in and temps are hard to keep consistent.

I really want to get away from always having to resort to gas and the Komodo style grills have definitely been a ponder for some time.

You should pull the trigger on one dude. They're fantastic

it ain't gas, but once you get the hang of it you can keep the temp pretty consistent. just monitor it, and make sure you're cleaning the soot out. the flavor is unreal from a kamado, better than gas and better than weber in my opinion. i have a vision grills kamado which is by no means high end but i love it.

it ain't gas, but once you get the hang of it you can keep the temp pretty consistent. just monitor it, and make sure you're cleaning the soot out. the flavor is unreal from a kamado, better than gas and better than weber in my opinion. i have a vision grills kamado which is by no means high end but i love it.

I have a Kamado Joe and decided between that and Vision. Both outstanding. Once you have one going back to another grill is near impossible

last night of bachelordom before the family returns tomorrow. what should I grill tonight? can't do low and slow since I probably won't start until 8 or 8:30. open to pretty much anything other than seafood. wudduyathink?

Blackened Shrimp skewers with a bourban glaze.

Now that sounds good.

And the kamado imparts the perfect amount of smoke. I do those and right before done, throw on some Naan flat bread with the same glaze on there.

Blackened Shrimp skewers with a bourban glaze.

recipe? maybe serve over some yellow mahatma saffron rice, add a side of black beans with onion, garlic and cilantro.

I almost bought one at sams just now.

recipe? maybe serve over some yellow mahatma saffron rice, add a side of black beans with onion, garlic and cilantro.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons bourbon (I use Makers Mark
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 lbs of Jumbo Shrimp
2 tablespoons Kerigold butter (if no kerigold, sub regular butter)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine brown sugar, bourbon, olive oil, soy sauce, green onions, and garlic in a medium mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Place skewers in water (if wood) for about 30 minutes and then put shrimp on each without having them touching so they can lay flat.
A couple of minutes on each side and you are golden. Take 1/4 cup of marinade and put in skillet to heat and add 2 tbs of bourbon and a small pad of butter. Heat until sizzling and pour over the top of shrimp once plated.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons bourbon (I use Makers Mark
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 lbs of Jumbo Shrimp
2 tablespoons Kerigold butter (if no kerigold, sub regular butter)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine brown sugar, bourbon, olive oil, soy sauce, green onions, and garlic in a medium mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Place skewers in water (if wood) for about 30 minutes and then put shrimp on each without having them touching so they can lay flat.
A couple of minutes on each side and you are golden. Take 1/4 cup of marinade and put in skillet to heat and add 2 tbs of bourbon and a small pad of butter. Heat until sizzling and pour over the top of shrimp once plated.

this is on deck! how hot do you get the kamado?

Back