Should the PGA Tour eliminate the cut?

Keep the cut. I'm ok with the round robin format for this event. I like guys in regular tournament have to play good for two days to get in the money

Like most I hope they never do away with the cut line.

Keep the cut, like 441 said, I don't want to be watching someone like Spieth play 25 shots behind

Pace of play, keep the cut!

keep the cut, golfers get paid by putting the ball in the hole. it keep golf competitive, you want to get paid? play well.

I hope they never get rid of the cut line. IF they were to get rid of it, I could see them hosting smaller fields during that week. For the fan interest it could help right? I mean seeing TW(just an example) play 4 rounds instead of 2 bad rounds would be more fun to some.

I like this thought. I'm all for the cut line

They have to keep the cut line. For me as someone that doesnt get the PGA tour on tv this weeks 5 days of golf is awesome haha. Maybe they could do it better.

Everything is fine the way it is imo. The single elimination was awesome as well but I am not going to lose any sleep over round robin, I am just only half paying attention though since there isn't anything much at stake today.

I almost think the tour would be better if they opened up the tournaments to an extra ten people. If you ever look at the Monday qualifiers there are like 60 dudes for 2-4 spots and these aren't no named hacks, there are actual names. All the no name hacks have to do pre Monday qualifying.

So with Day's injury he could potentially forfeit his match tomorrow and still win the tournament. That doesn't seem like it should be possible. Single elimination for me and keep the cut line.

The cut needs to stay.

I am all for the cut line. I think it is important and a motivator needed for some of those guys.

The cut should stay around imo. It leaves the weekend with less clutter. In fields like this, limited and best of the world, it's not needed.

Plus how would it work with prizes. Are people really going to stay 2 extra nights at a hotel and not win any money when they can be on to the next stop getting ready for Monday qualifier or extra practice rounds.

I vote for the cut line, keep it for as many fields as possible. With no cut I think it would cut down on the fields, which would hurt new players trying to get their card and help keep players that have their card stay on longer then they currently do.

No way, keep the cut. Not a fan of the no cut events anyways, unless it's for fantasy golf purposes.

I agree. Leave the cut alone.

Nah I say leave the cut. Need to have competition out there and if guys are a bunch way off the mark, they don't need to be around on the weekend.

Never get rid on the cut on the regular Tour or Web.com Tour.
Play for pay is the only way.

I don't mind it on the Champions Tour as I love seeing the old guys (like me) out there.

I say leave the cut. It actually adds a little drama to the Friday round with guys trying to make the cut. Its fun to see who is going to make it and who isn't.

Its up to the tour to create ratings, to create revenue, to create and keep sponsors, which all happens by creating star power and not relying on the same 3 players to move the needle.

Isn't this exactly why they switched to the round robin format?

It's hard to be a star on the PGA Tour win a single win is considered a successful year. Who should they be pushing now?

Last edited:
I am very pro cut. I feel like the cut adds more pressure to the players. Removing the cut almost feels like we are going towards golfs version of a participation trophy.

Im also fine with how they do the playoffs at the end of the season.

Looking thru their eyes (the pros). As a pro would you want to be forced into playing Saturday and Sunday when you are 20 strokes out or worse? I mean yes it would suck to not be in contention because this is how they make their living. But I'm sure these guys have other things on their agenda that would be freed up by having Saturday and Sunday off, like family....

Of course you could drop out but then you add negative attention .

The cut helps in more ways than one. To remove it would be ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Add to it the cost of staying two extra days if they are not getting any money.

Back