DeChambeau on the range at The Masters with dual launch monitors

It's the opposite here. They only place I know of that has a GCQuad is the "Tour Fitting" section of PGA Tour SuperStore near me. All other fitters/instructors I have encountered solely use Trackman (indoors or outdoors).

I think both can produce solid data, and I have seen GC2 and GCQuad produce some numbers that seem off at times. Same goes for Trackman. I also really think Foresight screwed up a lot of amateurs equipment purchases by using software based club speed measurements/pre-set smash factors.

You can add UST Mamiya Fitting Studio. They switched to GCQuad from Trackman because they found the accuracy to be better.

The numbers I've seen outdoors on a trackman and indoors on a GC2/quad in terms of speed/spin/etc. have been very similar. It's indoors on the Trackman where I've seen the most variation from what is normal for me. Especially when it comes to spin.

^^^^^^ This really messed me up going into the MC this year

You can add UST Mamiya Fitting Studio. They switched to GCQuad from Trackman because they found the accuracy to be better.

I believe that. Again, I'm not trying to debate the quality of the numbers produced by either company. I like GCQuad, but think it would be so much better if they could get club data without stickers.

Foresight as a whole is used "more" (off tour) because it's cheaper. That's why bays at big box stores are lined with GC2 systems. It is NOT used more by tour pros just because you say so or because Foresight wants consumers to believe that. I do understand that you have a professional relationship with them and feel obligated to share whatever they tell you though. Just don't present it as fact when you have no facts to back that up.

Slow the roll there. I have a professional relationship with ALL of the launch monitor companies.
As we have always stated, WE CHOSE Foresight because we find the accuracy superior on ball data and far superior across the board indoors.

And to the bolded part...That is ****ing laughable. I get paid zero dollars from Foresight and with THPers have met with each and every one of the companies to determine which would give our staff writers the most consistent numbers on the market. In fact before GCQuad hit the market, we used FlightScope at all of our THP Events. Their last update caused major concern so we moved on. Did demos with Trackman and Foresight and preferred the latter. We do NOT provide any sort of "pass on the message" about anything at this site. Your continued insistence of it however, is getting tiresome. The internet is a big place and far too much awesome going on for THPers to deal with nonsense like this.

JB. You said it best, “nobody wants to hear their girlfriend is ugly”. Sorry.

I trust Foresight's information much more than I do either of the Doppler systems. If putting some stickers on my clubs is going to give me better data, I'm ok with it.

I trust Foresight's information much more than I do either of the Doppler systems. If putting some stickers on my clubs is going to give me better data, I'm ok with it.

Its funny. One of us uses both systems. The other one is not me :alien: Sometimes its not worth it.

8c52f3ddfcc357dc06c97351ac000c20.heic

Its funny. One of us uses both systems. The other one is not me :alien: Sometimes its not worth it.

8c52f3ddfcc357dc06c97351ac000c20.heic

Who is that supposed to be?

And it’s always worth it to give your audience the best and most current information possible. Just make sure your facts have proof/testing/data to authenticate them.

Here's an unpopular opinion, since Trackmans can read a 1.51 smash factor, they should be held in only slightly higher regard as an Optishot.

And it’s always worth it to give your audience the best and most current information possible. Just make sure your facts have proof/testing/data to authenticate them.

That is US, at our event with both Trackman and GCQuad.
That is a THPER
We always provide facts and data.

But please keep it up with the nonsense of questioning our ethics here. It will make some decisions much easier. Im sure @Jman @Canadan @Ddec and @Molten all have enjoyed being dictated to what they have to post about launch monitors.

Here's an unpopular opinion, since Trackmans can read a 1.51 smash factor, they should be held in only slightly higher regard as an Optishot.

Doesn't that more have to do with how clubhead speed is being measured? Not every point on the clubhead is moving at the same speed, given that there is some element of rotation in the golf swing.

That is a THPER

But please keep it up with the nonsense of questioning our ethics here. It will make some decisions much easier. Im sure @Jman @Canadan @Ddec and @Molten all have enjoyed being dictated to what they have to post about launch monitors.

I just wish you would let me post my real numbers and not the gobbledygook I end up using.

Doesn't that more have to do with how clubhead speed is being measured? Not every point on the clubhead is moving at the same speed, given that there is some element of rotation in the golf swing.
Maybe. I can't say really how that wonky thing came up with that number. But I do know that only one of the three systems being discussed actually reads what the club face is actually doing at impact.

I am kind of at a loss as to why you've got it out for Foresight so bad when clearly the thread should have been about how 'bad' Flightscope is instead (not that I agree there either) since the GCQuad was the optional of the two being used.

That is a THPER

You still haven’t posted any facts to back up your statement. Instead, you decide to type a thinly veiled threat to ban me.

Again, I haven’t argued once that the GCQuad doesn’t produce valid numbers or GC2. They can all occasionally produce bad information.

Focus on the facts and not emotions.

Maybe. I can't say really how that wonky thing came up with that number. But I do know that only one of the three systems being discussed actually reads what the club face is actually doing at impact.

Incorrect. It measures what some stickers in motion are doing. Even incorrect placement of those stickers can cause variances in the numbers.

I am kind of at a loss as to why you've got it out for Foresight so bad when clearly the thread should have been about how 'bad' Flightscope is instead (not that I agree there either) since the GCQuad was the optional of the two being used.

I don’t have it out for Foresight. I said I’ve seen Trackman provide bad information. I’ve seen all the current units produce bad info at times.

You asked me why I thought Bryson using dual monitors was an example of the failure of the current Foresight design. I elaborated.

It appears there is one of one direction this thread is going in.

It wasn’t my intent. I posted something contrary to the party line and Team THP decided you needed help discussing this matter with me. It’s unfortunate that it happens as often as it does.

I don’t have it out for Foresight. I said I’ve seen Trackman provide bad information. I’ve seen all the current units produce bad info at times.

You asked me why I thought Bryson using dual monitors was an example of the failure of the current Foresight design. I elaborated.

Well, you never did answer that. It's a lack of convenience I suppose. Still don't see where it is a 'failure in the system'

You still haven’t posted any facts to back up your statement. Instead, you decide to type a thinly veiled threat to ban me.

Again, I haven’t argued once that the GCQuad doesn’t produce valid numbers or GC2. They can all occasionally produce bad information.

Focus on the facts and not emotions.

Hahah. No emotion here. What facts would you like? The fact that Bryson is sponsored by one launch monitor company and CHOSE the GCQuad as his other option?

The only fact that matters to me is that we used all three (WITH THPERS AT THP EVENTS) and CHOSE the one that was the most accurate because our reader base deserves that. Outside the continued nonsense that we are posting what we are told by a company, is the not so thinly veiled threat to help you find a forum in which your incessant trolling of the staff and their integrity fits.

I never said Foresight was used more by tour pros. In fact I said it wasn't due to the fact that before a round, the removal of dots would be cumbersome at best. I said it was used more. Your constant idea that there is some conspiracy theory is funny though.

It wasn’t my intent. I posted something contrary to the party line and Team THP decided you needed help discussing this matter with me. It’s unfortunate that it happens as often as it does.

This will be the last warning against this nonsense.

Well, you never did answer that. It's a lack of convenience I suppose. Still don't see where it is a 'failure in the system'

I guess I wasn’t clear. I think it has to do with the stickers/dots I’ve mentioned no less than a handful of times in this thread.

Back