DeChambeau on the range at The Masters with dual launch monitors

off topic, but this has always fascinated me about tour players. if oem #1 is willing to pay $1 million a year for a full bag of clubs, and oem #2 is only willing to pay $500k for that same deal, the player often chases the money. yet one decent tournament will make up for that extra $, so why not play the equipment that gives you the ability to score the best and earn more on the course? it's never made sense to me when a player gets accused of chasing the money, when the weekly purses are so big.
Take the money in golf. Unless you have to play something demeaning, insulting, or flat out wont work.

Not my words either. I never said the product was failure. I said the sticker/dot system was a failure.

i went back and read your comments, and i definitely read that you were saying the product is a failure. in fairness, you said the design is the failure. i think failure is a bit much, but it can go in the con column when comparing units.

off topic, but this has always fascinated me about tour players. if oem #1 is willing to pay $1 million a year for a full bag of clubs, and oem #2 is only willing to pay $500k for that same deal, the player often chases the money. yet one decent tournament will make up for that extra $, so why not play the equipment that gives you the ability to score the best and earn more on the course? it's never made sense to me when a player gets accused of chasing the money, when the weekly purses are so big.

I think for some of the top dogs, the difference can be MUCH bigger than the figures thrown up here. Wasn't Rory's deal rumored to be $100 mil?

So small tangent here.

If the club manufacturers put the dots on would it be conforming?

So small tangent here.

I believe so - think the twist face injector spot right?

I believe so - think the twist face injector spot right?

Something like that. Or submitting it to the USGA for approval if the dots were put in certain places.

It appears there is one of one direction this thread is going in.

Me coming into this thread

0853d140f8c36b6069380df152f5e0a6.gif

So small tangent here.

Interesting concept that would be kinda cool. I’m not sure the LM market is big enough yet but I like the idea

If it was designed that way, and approved by the USGA for conforming, it should be good.

From the USGA:

Non-metallic Club Face Markings - The above specifications do not apply to clubheads made of wood on which the impact area of the face is of a material of hardness less than the hardness of metal and whose loft angle is 24 degrees or less, but markings which could unduly influence the movement of the ball are prohibited.

So small tangent here.

I think TM or Callaway would be able to do it.

A company like Wilson would get slapped 2 weeks after release.

Interesting concept that would be kinda cool. I’m not sure the LM market is big enough yet but I like the idea
Would be a good incentive to get them into more golf stores.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back