MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
How do you usually break it up when looking into a combo set? I was looking at the new JPX 919 line doing the forged and tour. If you do a 4-P would you have like the 4-6 forged and 7-P tour? Would the fitter be able to help assess where to break up the clubs?

Fitting could help there. It will certainly help fill the distance gaps. Its possible you might need an iron loft adjusted, but in some cases, no change at all.

I recently purchased a combo set of the 900 series left overs. I went with that exact setup. Not sure on the 919s but the 900s had the forged and hot metals with matching lifts to assist in the combo set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bah just saw your looking at forged and tours. Not the hot metal and forged. I believe there is a two degree gap between tour and forged so yes bending may be necessary

I recently purchased a combo set of the 900 series left overs. I went with that exact setup. Not sure on the 919s but the 900s had the forged and hot metals with matching lifts to assist in the combo set

Where were you able to find leftover 900 series?

I've hit the HM, Forged, and Tours. HM Pros weren't released yet when I demoed them. I loved the Tours! Can't say enough about them! Didn't care for the forged. The HM were fun! Ball exploded off the face of the club. If it was me I would go HM Pro 4-6, tours 7-PW. The HM Pros have less offset than the forged and I think will transition nicely. Oh, just do a set of HM Pros...best of both worlds!

How do you usually break it up when looking into a combo set? I was looking at the new JPX 919 line doing the forged and tour. If you do a 4-P would you have like the 4-6 forged and 7-P tour? Would the fitter be able to help assess where to break up the clubs?
My fitter helped me figure out where I needed to make the crossover from the AP2 to the AP3. I've got 4/5 AP3 and 6-PW AP2. All about your ball striking and how comfortable you feel with which irons. The AP3's allow me to get the ball up easier and have more forgiveness.... But I'm also giving up a bit better feel. But the benefits outweigh the costs. So that's a good discussion to have with your fitter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back