The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfred Morris to the Cowboys is a done deal, per his agent. 2 year contract.

Yeah, I was reading that. But I also read something about a cap hit being too much for Detroit for some reason.
Who knows. I'd like to see him play in Detroit and finish out his contract if he were to return....even though I'm
a Bears fan.

I'm pretty sure you don't get to unretire then come back to pick a different team. Your original team still has your rights when you retire while under contract.

Also, can't believe this guy is still signing contracts!

Interesting. About the window Romo has left so let's ride!

I like that signing. Let's roll!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboys just stole a gem in free agency. I think Morris fits well for what they need from the run game.

Cowboys just stole a gem in free agency. I think Morris fits well for what they need from the run game.

Dunbar, MFad and AMorris. I'm most excited about getting Dunbar back. That dude out of the backfield on swing passes was electric before his injury. Now let's get some D help in the draft boys!

They'd be better off getting Ray Rice back!

2 years at 5.5MM max for Alfred Morris. Only 2MM guaranteed.

Really good deal that I bet pays off super well for the Cowboys.

Dunbar, MFad and AMorris. I'm most excited about getting Dunbar back. That dude out of the backfield on swing passes was electric before his injury. Now let's get some D help in the draft boys!

Even if he is average, you got a great locker room dude Nate.
I think he helps this team 100 times over in multiple ways.
I also think he starts out slow, and gains steam over the course of the year.

This will in fact cause Cowboys fans to go nuts and say they wasted money, but give it time, it wil pay off.

Even if he is average, you got a great locker room dude Nate.
I think he helps this team 100 times over in multiple ways.
I also think he starts out slow, and gains steam over the course of the year.

This will in fact cause Cowboys fans to go nuts and say they wasted money, but give it time, it wil pay off.

Everything I've seen and heard has been surprising positive about this move, esp. with what it cost them.

Everything I've seen and heard has been surprising positive about this move, esp. with what it cost them.

It should be too. What I meant was if his first two games go 11 for 26 yards and 14 for 29 yards, you will hear about it. Stay with it and you have yourself a gem of a guy for a team that is already talented offensively, but troubled.

I understand people who are going to complain about Morris if he doesn't start hot out of the gate, but that's only because he rushed for more yards in the past three years than anyone not named Marshawn Lynch, all while getting paid about as much as a short order cook. Any increase in pay and drop in production is going to cause some grumblings. He's a high motivation guy, considering he came out of a nowhere college, was a 6th round pick, and spent the entire time in DC with a smile on his face. I know the Redskins have enough weapons at running back to not need him, but Morris is a great guy to have in the locker room as well; super grateful for the opportunity to play.

If Harbaugh is smart he unofficially agreed to give him a cheeseburger to stay the hell away from his team.

Jerry Jones needs to stop talking. Between the Johnny football talk and his concussion talk, he sounds crazy.

Jerry Jones needs to stop talking. Between the Johnny football talk and his concussion talk, he sounds crazy.

He is crazy JB, has been for awhile. Every interview he gives he creates about 5 new words that no one has ever heard of before. You sometimes need a translator to get through his press.

He is crazy JB, has been for awhile. Every interview he gives he creates about 5 new words that no one has ever heard of before. You sometimes need a translator to get through his press.

Hmmm. All this time I figured he was just speaking Texan. I figured you would be my translator. :angel:

Hmmm. All this time I figured he was just speaking Texan. I figured you would be my translator. :angel:

Maybe it's Arky speak which is why we in Texas have always had a hard time understanding him? But no sadly, his mind just can't keep up with his mouth. He's had some gems as of late and it's only going to get worse. Why do I continue to see the ghost of Al Davis starting to seep out of Jerry?

Maybe it's Arky speak which is why we in Texas have always had a hard time understanding him? But no sadly, his mind just can't keep up with his mouth. He's had some gems as of late and it's only going to get worse. Why do I continue to see the ghost of Al Davis starting to seep out of Jerry?

Arky Speak. That made me laugh.
Where dip is the appetizer and jerky is the fine dining.
At Jerry's house.

i am hearing RG3 to the browns is pretty likely ....looks like bye bye josh mccown. not sure how i feel about it. i kind of just want them to draft a QB and stick with him and develop the draft pick

and its official

2 year deal, wonder how much.

Still need a QB at #2

I can't wait to see 441 in a RG3 jersey and dreads. :bulgy-eyes:

2 year deal, wonder how much.

Still need a QB at #2

I agree defiantly an upgrade over mccown. they already told him he would have to compete and would possibly draft a QB

Its such a smart move. Cost is virtually nothing.
I remember Cleveland fans excited about giving up the farm for him (which didnt happen) at draft time.
If he pans out, fantastic. If he doesnt, thats okay it doesnt set you back. He will be great for this locker room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back