AXE Tour X Graphite shaft study

Just got to find the right deal/coupon code/discount code on them!

Just got to find the right deal/coupon code/discount code on them!
At $30 a shaft, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

To all those who have had fun with the AXE shafts,,, that will now carry the XCALIBER banner, Robin Arthur is looking for some help. He is just about ready to launch his website and it's going to be epic when it's fully done. Early site hopes to go up Monday but he is looking for testimonials.
His active e mail address is robinarthur14@gmail.com.
Just put in the subject line, Testimonial. He has some new products coming that he hopes will shake up the industry as he did many years ago.
Would love to give my testimonial once I play some real golf with it. Would've loved some feedback on my questions regarding the progressive set build prior, but I suppose the product speaks for itself.

Would love to give my testimonial once I play some real golf with it. Would've loved some feedback on my questions regarding the progressive set build prior, but I suppose the product speaks for itself.

He realizes that right now he just can't get to all the emails that come his way. He is ramping things up with management companies and a big Web presence. He still has thousands of emails that built up over time. I think you just caught him at the worst time possible. His health kept him away from his passion for far too long but he is full bore now. He hopes by the years end to have a tour presence. Which isn't cheap.

He realizes that right now he just can't get to all the emails that come his way. He is ramping things up with management companies and a big Web presence. He still has thousands of emails that built up over time. I think you just caught him at the worst time possible. His health kept him away from his passion for far too long but he is full bore now. He hopes by the years end to have a tour presence. Which isn't cheap.

Certainly he'll get to it eventually, I fully understand it's not easy to get a business up and running the right way.

I just went to range yesterday and the clubs are performing as expected, just can't wait to see them in action on the course.

With the wedge shafts coming in, the set finally will be complete.

Its an interesting dynamic there. Because if a major company does not respond to someone, they get trashed. Smaller company and lets be honest here, its not like 500 emails a day are coming in on product questions, they get a pass.

Im not saying one is right or wrong, but it seems a bit contradictory on what is acceptable customer service and what is not. I know that when people email True Temper, Project X, Matrix, Fuji, EMC, etc or call the company and they dont get a response, they get pretty upset.

Its an interesting dynamic there. Because if a major company does not respond to someone, they get trashed. Smaller company and lets be honest here, its not like 500 emails a day are coming in on product questions, they get a pass.

Im not saying one is right or wrong, but it seems a bit contradictory on what is acceptable customer service and what is not. I know that when people email True Temper, Project X, Matrix, Fuji, EMC, etc or call the company and they dont get a response, they get pretty upset.

It's quite different to have a personal email by the owner unanswered, as opposed to a corporation with several departments. Not quite sure exactly bringing up the difference will achieve. Neither one is great customer service when something goes unanswered. With a distinct difference in resources between companies, I don't see how anyone can apply the same expectations. I've had messages unanswered by a large sponsor here via PM, I just chalked it up to it being a stupid questions unworthy of answering.

Due to health reasons he was completely out of commission for a very long time period and even returning to work at any point was in question. It's like he is staring from square one.

If he maintained a staff and someone to just simply answer a phone and emails I could see him getting flamed.

He is truly a great guy with a long history in the industry and wants to come back in a big way.

His unanswered emails didn't come in just one day, but over the course of his illness. Sifting through those and new emails, and trying to retool a business in every aspect,,,,

I'll give the guy a pass!

I have no interest in his company other than I have been using his shafts for at least 8 years. For the price and the performance they simply can't be beat.

I got in touch with him via an email while he was in a hospital bed. I was wondering why the Web site had come to a screeching halt,,, no phone, no responses, nothing.. We hit it off and started chatting.
He has floated new shaft graphics designs and shaft platings past me, as well as his latest shaft prototypes. He is a California surfer dude type with a need to build the perfect golf shaft at a fraction of the big companies prices. He is wildly passionate about helping Joe golfer have fun, and to do it without stealing grocery money when he builds his clubs.
I started this thread to help stir up some interest in some of his great products that I have been using for years.
If it rubs JB or anyone else the wrong way or they see it as anything else, so be it.

Where did anybody say it rubbed anybody the wrong way. Holy cow...
In fact all that was said was that it was an interesting dynamic between large and small brands....One that is discussed in thousands of threads on this very forum every single day.

Jeez...

It just seemed as if you may have thought he should have been flamed for a lack of response, almost surprised he wasnt. I wanted to explain the reason why that was not done.

Opening round of the year with these shafts and it was a great round. Was all over the pin today. A few short within 4 feet,, a few right over the pin,,, but it was amazing how straight they were flying. I love the way this shaft loads up and releases, such a great feeling when struck well. If I could have putted well on the winter condition greens it would have been one of those rounds. I'll take -2, 70, anyday. Don't think I have been this excited for a golf year.

Good to hear. I've got six of his iron shafts and three of the spin wedge shafts sitting here waiting for my new iron heads to show up in the mail and my wedges to be polished up to get assembled. Can't wait to get them out on the course!

Good to hear. I've got six of his iron shafts and three of the spin wedge shafts sitting here waiting for my new iron heads to show up in the mail and my wedges to be polished up to get assembled. Can't wait to get them out on the course!
What heads are you using?

I've got a set of pinseeker sl on order that should be here in a few weeks. I'm gonna try a set of single length irons/wedges to see if it helps my back over the course of full rounds. Due to a previous motorcycle injury I find practicing for any duration with some of my longer/shorter irons to be very painful, which has me shying away from them when I should use them on the course. By building a second set I can A-B the two to tell if it makes a real difference to me without butchering my set of mizunos. Pardon the wedges current state, I'm almost done with the new grinds then they need finish sanding and wet tumbling with SS media before final finishing. It's amazing how much steel you can remove from a beefy wedge and still be overweight. :)

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Opening round of the year with these shafts and it was a great round. Was all over the pin today. A few short within 4 feet,, a few right over the pin,,, but it was amazing how straight they were flying. I love the way this shaft loads up and releases, such a great feeling when struck well. If I could have putted well on the winter condition greens it would have been one of those rounds. I'll take -2, 70, anyday. Don't think I have been this excited for a golf year.

Congrats on an awesome openning round!

I didn't have as much luck in our muddy windy conditions, had trouble finding the center of the face and no distance control. Pretty sure that's just me though. Will re-evaluate once I get some decent golf in.

I did put in the 125 Tour X wedge shafts, they seemed to be a little longer than I'm used to, haven't had conditions to check the spin yet though.

the more i play my home course with my reshafted set, the more i find i have to grab more club. i originally thought the distance of the axe and kbs were similar but the axe may be a club short??? I am trying not to pound the ball, but honestly i almost can't help it, so maybe that's it. i am looking for a cheap set of like irons to stuff the kbs back into and test head to head

the more i play my home course with my reshafted set, the more i find i have to grab more club. i originally thought the distance of the axe and kbs were similar but the axe may be a club short??? I am trying not to pound the ball, but honestly i almost can't help it, so maybe that's it. i am looking for a cheap set of like irons to stuff the kbs back into and test head to head

Why not try reshafting a couple odd or even irons back to KBS and see if gaps lean one way or the other?

When I put a couple shafts in the Z545 irons I didn't lose anything. I'm in the north east and it's a rely warm enough for golf most days. Are you judging your distance on cold wet days???

No not really. The weather has been beautiful. I am thinking I will put the kbs back in this weekend as it is forecasted to be cold with a bunch of snow Sunday. My current yardages are fresh in my mind so it will be an easy test

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Spent some serious time over the past week with the 85 and 95 gram clubs hitting from the turf,, now that grass has shown up. Starting with the 85, the club has a much better feel as I am able to hit down through the ball rather than sweep it from sim mats. I kept coming back to the 85,, Overall the 85 gram really stood out in both the 8 and the 5 irons I was able to really load the shaft and turn through the ball. Had a ton of confidence after just a few swings and was able to be very aggressive with my swing. Will be building a whole set of the Tour + heads and the 85 shafts. Great feel and extremely forgiving, tough to hit a bad shot and really be penalized.

i ordered grips and ferrules for the kbs shafts yesterday, i also went to the course practice are to try to figure myself out. really struck the ball well with all the distance i expected. it's not the bow, it is the Indian! lol

Spent some serious time over the past week with the 85 and 95 gram clubs hitting from the turf,, now that grass has shown up. Starting with the 85, the club has a much better feel as I am able to hit down through the ball rather than sweep it from sim mats. I kept coming back to the 85,, Overall the 85 gram really stood out in both the 8 and the 5 irons I was able to really load the shaft and turn through the ball. Had a ton of confidence after just a few swings and was able to be very aggressive with my swing. Will be building a whole set of the Tour + heads and the 85 shafts. Great feel and extremely forgiving, tough to hit a bad shot and really be penalized.
Are you setup to all the same swing weight?

i ordered grips and ferrules for the kbs shafts yesterday, i also went to the course practice are to try to figure myself out. really struck the ball well with all the distance i expected. it's not the bow, it is the Indian! lol
I'm hyper sensitive to my yardages, not having any decent weather and my poor early season form really didn't allow me to test the real yardages, with your early posts got me slightly concerned, but it's good to know you got your issues worked out, if only I can put a real round in and give these shafts a chance to shine.

The swing weights on the experimental clubs were as assembled I didn't try to swing weight them or match them up. My gamers are all counter weighted and matched up with different weight shafts so the swing weight is about as close as a set gets. I have never been very sensitive to swing weight at all but the lighter shaft definitely goes further not an enormous amount but they do go further. With the Tour-plus heads with the interchangeable weight in the toe I will experiment with different weights and counterweights and see what combination I like the best. But the Ironhead lets you Tinker until you're blue in the face

Back