Can you enter scores on the watch? Or you still need to do that on the phone?

With Golfshot you can enter scores on the Phone....but you lose the tee shot club and fairways missed and hit stats that way....only thing you can enter on the phone is score and number of putts

Well it looks like Hole19 is the only truly free one, but it only gives front/middle/back, golfshot and fungolf are both like $20 a year to get the extra distances within the apple watch interface, I've avoided these annual fees for gps over the years, either on my iPhone or another device, but without purchasing a new gps unit or watch, I may just bite the bullet and use one this year for a test.

Well it looks like Hole19 is the only truly free one, but it only gives front/middle/back, golfshot and fungolf are both like $20 a year to get the extra distances within the apple watch interface, I've avoided these annual fees for gps over the years, either on my iPhone or another device, but without purchasing a new gps unit or watch, I may just bite the bullet and use one this year for a test.

I'm another one who hates paying the annual fees for an app. That said I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Hole19.

I'm another one who hates paying the annual fees for an app. That said I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Hole19.
So far I've liked what I see, basic, but easy, really wondering on paying the extra for FunGolf, that's really the only one I'm considering paying extra on.

I am loving this watch. I don't feel the need to be glued to my phone at all times and I'm using it more and more to make calls and send texts when I'm at home. I think I like the fitbit better for the fitness side because I haven't quite figured out the activity app just yet.

I am loving this watch. I don't feel the need to be glued to my phone at all times and I'm using it more and more to make calls and send texts when I'm at home. I think I like the fitbit better for the fitness side because I haven't quite figured out the activity app just yet.
Are you using it on the course at all?

Are you using it on the course at all?

I wear it on the course, but I don't use golfshot. It's a little slow loading up for me and I don't want to be the guy staring at my watch waiting for a yardage when it's my turn to play, especially that I have a rangefinder now.

So far I've liked what I see, basic, but easy, really wondering on paying the extra for FunGolf, that's really the only one I'm considering paying extra on.

I've used FunGolf and overall I was very impressed with it. If I'm not mistaken there is a lifetime option vs. the annual course fees. You may want to look into that if FunGolf is on your radar.

I've used FunGolf and overall I was very impressed with it. If I'm not mistaken there is a lifetime option vs. the annual course fees. You may want to look into that if FunGolf is on your radar.
Yeah, $20 year, $40 lifetime, seriously considering it as an option.

Got an Apple Watch for Christmas and so far I love it. Not much use to me on the course as I'm not a fan of wearing a watch on the course but during the day, etc. it's quite handy. I'm still working through the activity and workout apps to figure them out. Will be easier once I can get some time to exercise outside with it. Hopefully this weekend.

Forked over for a Golfshot subscription. I will use it today with my AW. I will be playing a course I don't know very well and will need distances. Using the watch is so much better than pulling out the phone. I am also thinking of using the spibelt or flipblet (have both) I use for running. I don't like the phone in my pocket. Fingers crossed this has less lag with the newer version.

Forked over for a Golfshot subscription. I will use it today with my AW. I will be playing a course I don't know very well and will need distances. Using the watch is so much better than pulling out the phone. I am also thinking of using the spibelt or flipblet (have both) I use for running. I don't like the phone in my pocket. Fingers crossed this has less lag with the newer version.
I'm curious what you think about the extra hazards and green images being available on your phone, that's really what I'm looking for extra out of these apps.

After someone explaining in this thread how to update the settings on the watch to resume previous activity, I now think this watch with Arccos is pretty awesome.

Used it for a round Sunday and was able to get a yardage just by raising my wrist instead of having to get my phone out or my rangefinder. Still prefer my range finder, but this works pretty well.

Will have to go back and find out the person that recommended changing the settings. super helpful and they deserve my thanks.

After someone explaining in this thread how to update the settings on the watch to resume previous activity, I now think this watch with Arccos is pretty awesome.

Used it for a round Sunday and was able to get a yardage just by raising my wrist instead of having to get my phone out or my rangefinder. Still prefer my range finder, but this works pretty well.

Will have to go back and find out the person that recommended changing the settings. super helpful and they deserve my thanks.

I used this the other day as well and was impressed with how quickly the yardage a updated when I raised my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm test driving one of these and can't find any app that lets me see the latest pga tour leaderboard.

Am I missing one?

Anyone found an affordable alternative to the stock apple charging cable? I need a few extras but holy cow they're like $30 minimum from what I've seen.

Tried to use this with The Grint today for yardages. Man it is slow to refresh. Maybe it was the Grint but I was not a fan. Shut it down and took off the watch on the 3rd hole.

Anyone found an affordable alternative to the stock apple charging cable? I need a few extras but holy cow they're like $30 minimum from what I've seen.

Ionic Pro made one but too many issues and they discontinued it I believe. Its awful actually. The charging on GG's Android Wear device blows it out of the water. And they want a fortune for 2nd cable.

Bought myself a late birthday present today. I Decided I couldn't wait for the new one, especially after the price drop and my father-in-law offering to buy my Neo XS.

I'm really looking forward to trying the Game Golf app out on the course now.

Masters app has an Apple Watch app. Features scoreboard in glances. Attn PGA Tour app...please copy. :)

Holy crap does that thing drain the battery. I mean the battery is **** to begin with, but the app killed me.

Back