Scotty Cameron putters

Oh I made my covenant decision. It's one of these newports. I literally got rid of the entire stable to make it happen.

Nice!!! Well we will make our proclamation soon!

First two rounds with the Newport in the books. I love this putter.

First two rounds with the Newport in the books. I love this putter.

That thing looks amazing. Good to hear you are enjoying it so far!

First round with my Squareback today and absolutely love it! Don't think I have rolled a ball so pure and accurate before!
little bummed that I was missing a screw from the base plate.

That thing looks amazing. Good to hear you are enjoying it so far!
It really is nice. I really like the weighting of the stock 34" with 15g weights and I found lag putting much easier to dial in than with my heavier Lajosi and lighter TEI3.
The stock grip is actually really nice and I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.
I was hitting my lines most of the time and my misses seem to be limited to a slight pull when I get excited...hardly the putters fault.

My main complaint is the Velcro closure headcover. It looks great but in my opinion any premium putter that sells for $400+ should have a magnet enclosure. The Velcro is pretty bush league. Just my opinion and Scotty isn't the only guilty party on this issue either.

I'm curious how these are "feel" wise compared to the most recent studio select line. To be honest, wasn't a huge fan of those Didn't "Wow" me for the price tag when those came out

I thought I was going to be cool wait in for my new notchback but less than a week into a 4 week back order and I wish I could get it sooner

Loosely kicking around the idea of scooping up a Newport Select M1 or M2. Damn you Discount Dan's Golf :bulgy-eyes:

Last edited:
Better be half off to wait a month for something available in stores imo

My main complaint is the Velcro closure headcover. It looks great but in my opinion any premium putter that sells for $400+ should have a magnet enclosure. The Velcro is pretty bush league. Just my opinion and Scotty isn't the only guilty party on this issue either.

I agree 110% with this statement, it's my biggest gripe I have about Scotty! Really my only grip, but it is a big one, a magnetic closure doesn't seem like too much to ask for. Does it?

I agree 110% with this statement, it's my biggest gripe I have about Scotty! Really my only grip, but it is a big one, a magnetic closure doesn't seem like too much to ask for. Does it?

It's a joke. Any putter over $200 should have a magnetic enclosure. Should be a federal law

I'm curious how these are "feel" wise compared to the most recent studio select line. To be honest, wasn't a huge fan of those Didn't "Wow" me for the price tag when those came out
It will depend what type of feel you like. I think this line is a little softer than the old studio selects.
Better be half off to wait a month for something available in stores imo
No kidding. That's crazy

It will depend what type of feel you like. I think this line is a little softer than the old studio selects.

No kidding. That's crazy

I have to wait for mine, but only because I am ordering at 36". the 35 was just too short. I had one of the older notchbacks and just wasn't consistent with it. I hope the M1 is better for me, I really liked the way it looked at address. The gray is just nice to look at and not overpowering.

Today is day 41 of my customization/restoration project. Hopefully next week I'll get a shipping notice from Scotty

Today is day 41 of my customization/restoration project. Hopefully next week I'll get a shipping notice from Scotty

I can't wait to see it

Scotty doesn't know

That is an idiot who thinks face milling means nothing to a putter.
Just absolutely horrible... what a nightmare it would be to receive a putter back from refinishing like that!

Back