JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were to have a complete collection of every game from either original NES or Sega Genesis which one would you choose and why?

Nintendo vs Sega

Interesting. I’ve been sucked into the YouTube vortex recently watching Nintendo and genesis videos.

For me it’s genesis all day long.

Forgot the why. The genesis controller was. More comfortable to me and I just found the games more grown up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a huge Sega guy decades ago. Tommy Lasorda Baseball was one of my favorites.

Original NES... It’s like the sound track of my childhood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NES all day. Be a duck huntin machine. Never got the Sega but Nintendo brings back the memories.

NES, between the two. But the Sega Genesis was the same generation as the SNES, which, IMO, was the greatest console of all-time.

NES, between the two. But the Sega Genesis was the same generation as the SNES, which, IMO, was the greatest console of all-time.

I preferred the Genesis controller for a game like Mortal Combat...

Sega for sure, loved playing the car games, anyone remember RUSH?

• Admin
Nintendo, and it's not close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Easily NES. Tecmo Bowl, Mario games, Tetris, Blades of Steel, etc. etc...

sega for me. sonic, mortal kombat, nba jam, street fighter, star fox, nfl blitz, . those were my jams.

Nintendo all day erry day. The classic nintendo games are just so good.

NES! Contra...UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT SELECT START! Mike Tyson punch out, excite bike, Mario Bros.! Then you had Zelda, Castlevania, Mega Man

I'd go with Sega for this comparison, but if it was the Super Nintendo or Genisis, I'd go Super Nintendo. SO many classic games.

I was a huge Sega guy decades ago. Tommy Lasorda Baseball was one of my favorites.

you can go straight to hell. The correct answer is obviously nintendo. I bought an original nintendo and 60 games off ebay.... Gunsmoke is still my favorite solo game, and Baseball stars is the best drinking game ever (1 drink for everytime you get out at the plate, when you are pitching 1 drink for every base/run/rbi.... a single 1, a 1 run double would be 4, a solo home run is also 6) and we played it quite a bit in college, many 24-19 games.

Genesis games I feel you need to be on psychadelic drugs to get the whole experience and I don't have time for that in my life nowadays.

Gotta go NES here, although I did enjoy the Sega GameGear.

I've recently started collecting NES and N64 games, its been fun to relive some of those memories. Might have to start with the GameGear also.

I know that this wasn’t the question posed, but the N64 had the greatest game ever made... Golden Eye.

you can go straight to hell. The correct answer is obviously nintendo. I bought an original nintendo and 60 games off ebay.... Gunsmoke is still my favorite solo game, and Baseball stars is the best drinking game ever (1 drink for everytime you get out at the plate, when you are pitching 1 drink for every base/run/rbi.... a single 1, a 1 run double would be 4, a solo home run is also 6) and we played it quite a bit in college, many 24-19 games.

Genesis games I feel you need to be on psychadelic drugs to get the whole experience and I don't have time for that in my life nowadays.

Still use it?

I know that this wasn’t the question posed, but the N64 had the greatest game ever made... Golden Eye.

The golden gun.
But yes, that was not part of the question : )

NES. The library of games great games is just too huge.

NES all day. SO many hours wasted during my youth, plus Tecmo Bowl

NES....

But I think SNES would be the comparable Nintendo

NES....

But I think SNES would be the comparable Nintendo
That's what i was thinking, and that's why it is sega for me... otherwise I'd go snes... zeldas, chronotrigger, UN squadron, and some good FF games are enough to keep me busy

Back