I had the MIM wedges in the bag today. These put som serious spin on the ball. Admittedly, the greens were receptive, but I don’t create huge spin on my wedges. Nipped my 50 degree wedge well and the ball landed about 12 feet past the pin and sucked back for this kick in birdie. I have noticed very good spin every time I have used them. They feel great have a very versatile grind. I think they are a very solid offering. They definitely feel softer than the King Black wedges.
I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this! In my last round I hit a pure shot with my 54 degree MIM wedge that landed right in front of the flag then spun back off the front of the green. I've gained confidence in throwing it a little farther and knowing it will stop or zip back a bit. I've also found that if I hold my hands off to knock the spin down they still hit and stop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been working a bunch on partial swings with my MIM wedges and they put me in great scoring positions the last time I was out. When chipping I feel I can easily adjust to hit a high soft shot or a low running shot. The feel and performance of these will keep them in the bag for a long time.
72b5d4f36048769d684b0000468ef812.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks to winning a few $$’s in a Super Bowl pool, I decided to treat myself to some MIM wedges. They looked good and had a grind that I liked. The technology sounded cool, metal injected molding. So I order the 50, 54, and 58. I had the 54 and 58 come in 1* weak (55, 59). Shafts are Modus 125. My current (or shall i say previous now) wedge set up was the Callaway Jaws MD 5‘s same configuration,

I have run the MIMs through their paces the past two days, full shot, long and short pitches, opened up the 58 and hit high lobs, open faced ball back In stance low spinners, there wasn’t a shot that didn’t feel good with these. They felt better around the green than the jaws; chips, long and short pitches, they Felt super responsive and so soft, yet I felt like they we very forgiving across the face, and that causes these to be incredibly consistent on distance control and control overall. The turf interaction was the best of any wedge I have ever tried, and that little notch Cobra has on its wedges really does help when opening the face up ( I really thought prior to this that it was cosmetic).

I must say these are going to be a hit this year.

For a second I was hoping you were going to say they wouldn't work for you and were listing them for sale...

But glad you're liking them, I gotta get to a store to check them out

Im glad you like them. keep us informed of your progress with them through out 2020

One thing I also did with these is I had them all built the same length, 35.75 (length of my usual SW), I used To play all my wedges same length and really think I like the consistent length and feel.

One thing I also did with these is I had them all built the same length, 35.75 (length of my usual SW), I used To play all my wedges same length and really think I like the consistent length and feel.
awesome never plated same length clubs right now im trying to just play mine will try in a couple of years to experiment

Thanks to winning a few $$’s in a Super Bowl pool, I decided to treat myself to some MIM wedges. They looked good and had a grind that I liked. The technology sounded cool, metal injected molding. So I order the 50, 54, and 58. I had the 54 and 58 come in 1* weak (55, 59). Shafts are Modus 125. My current (or shall i say previous now) wedge set up was the Callaway Jaws MD 5‘s same configuration,

I have run the MIMs through their paces the past two days, full shot, long and short pitches, opened up the 58 and hit high lobs, open faced ball back In stance low spinners, there wasn’t a shot that didn’t feel good with these. They felt better around the green than the jaws; chips, long and short pitches, they Felt super responsive and so soft, yet I felt like they we very forgiving across the face, and that causes these to be incredibly consistent on distance control and control overall. The turf interaction was the best of any wedge I have ever tried, and that little notch Cobra has on its wedges really does help when opening the face up ( I really thought prior to this that it was cosmetic).

I must say these are going to be a hit this year.
I really enjoy the look of these wedges. And the MIM tech story really interests me as well. Cant wait to hear how they, and the OL specifically, works for you!

I really enjoy the look of these wedges. And the MIM tech story really interests me as well. Cant wait to hear how they, and the OL specifically, works for you!
To me a lot of Cobra stuff is a little over the top with color and graphics, but these are about as classy a looking club as anything else released this year.

awesome never plated same length clubs right now im trying to just play mine will try in a couple of years to experiment
When I first started playing, Vokey made their wedges all the same length (20 years ago), so my 52 and 58 were the same length. i guess 10 or so years ago they got away from that.

I have a MIM that I bought last year 56*, and it's still in the bag. You're right about the feel, plus I don't think I've chunked one with it yet. My only issue is the lack of different sole and grinds available, which they only have on and it's called a "versatile". Other than that I think it's a fantastic wedge. It just doesn't get enough press.

My MC Setup:

King MiM 54/58 versatile - TT Dynamic Gold S200 - Lamkin X Line Cord Connect - Black/White - Midsize
Solid setup right there Alex. Looking forward to your thoughts once you get some time with them

These keep reaching at the back of my mind to be put into play. Hoping the wide low gets released for my lob wedge. But if not a 54 and 60 would be awesome.

Played with the old PŪR wedges yesterday, I like the chrome, looking forward to getting these in the bag
The PUR wedges were awesome. I wish I had one to compare side by side with the MIM but I'm still happy with what I'm seeing with the MIM wedges. I'll try to get a picture of how they have held up and the number of shots (according to Arccos)

Back