93civiccpe

#LunaticFringe / "Hips Don't Lie" - Shakira
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
From reading JB's article (https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-mim-wedges/) and speaking with Jose at the Morgan Cup I decided to order Cobra MIM wedges to compare to the Cobra King Black wedges. I didn't see a thread up yet so I wanted to get a placeholder for my review. (If I've somehow missed it please merge).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I searched "cobra MIM" and came up blank.. My searching skills are lacking. I've subscribed to the other thread so an admin can kill or merge this!

You’re good - just want to make sure I’m reading all feedback as I know a guy who will probably be taking the MIM jump in 2020

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Mine are also inbound soon.

Wow the MIM is in quick for y’all. Curious on what’s drawn you to them over the black and looking forward to the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow the MIM is in quick for y’all. Curious on what’s drawn you to them over the black and looking forward to the feedback.

For me it's purely curiosity. Jose mentioned they are softer and the versatile grind is similar but slightly different. I figured this was a good time to get it so I could get a direct head to head comparison. For me it has nothing to do with any issue with the King black wedges but more with trying something new and shiny. Hopefully my review of the king black wedges shows how well I'm getting on with them. (they actually saved my round today)

I have classic and widelow grinds, want to compare to versatile grind. I'm usually a high bounce player so probably not for me, but Yags and Jose said try them and you might be surprised.

Additionally, hearing how soft they were has me curious.

Looking forward to the thoughts on them gents. Thanks for the input behind it.

I can’t wait to see these and here everyone’s thoughts.

For anyone that's on the fence on these wedges, Budget Golf has a great deal. Not only is the 15% coupon active for this wedge but today only, shipping is free on any amount!! Ordered!!

After playing 27 holes at a fun par 3 course then taking the kids to an Easter egg hunt I got home to discover FedEx came a few days early with my MIM wedges. Unfortunately we are hosting Easter dinner tomorrow so there is no way I can sneak to the range. These do look stunning and the circular milling on the face is cool. I took some pictures but the lighting isn't ideal and compared them to my current king black wedges. I'm curious if these will spin a tad more with the micro milling on the face which the king black wedges don't have. I have a 54 and 58 versatile grind wedge in both king black and MIM to compare. The one difference is that the king black wedges have the same nippon modus 3 105t stiff shafts as my irons. In the MIM wedges I have the new nippon modus 3 105 wedge shaft in them. I believe this is a slightly heavier shaft that is designed to pair well with my iron shafts. I can't wait to get them out for some head to head on the course to see if there is any difference in feel or performance. They do look sharp but I do love the design of the king black wedges as well.
53b8dc3bed0c0696127c8a50d03cd97a.jpg
6c322ca28aeba1c6b11bf0f7eda45cc8.jpg
db162bee12d73d322098daebd9c6a1ab.jpg
a7f04612affc675e6a32016376abcc70.jpg
61eb3df466fd4c631abaa105543f242c.jpg
62a9a64f198bd31b0e6c1c5e697397d1.jpg
d71487e23adf809db4f5429af8053ef8.jpg
fee53c316aa64cd218cc18d76d8c9aa4.jpg
38f6cda7aa972d3610b92a036fc46eb5.jpg

Last edited:
After playing 27 holes at a fun par 3 course then taking the kids to an Easter egg hunt I got home to discover FedEx came a few days early with my MIM wedges. Unfortunately we are hosting Easter dinner tomorrow so there is no way I can sneak to the range. These do look stunning and the circular milling on the face is cool. I took some pictures but the lighting isn't ideal and compared them to my current king black wedges. I'm curious if these will spin a tad more with the micro milling on the face which the king black wedges don't have. I have a 54 and 58 versatile grind wedge in both king black and MIM to compare. The one difference is that the king black wedges have the same nippon modus 3 105t stiff shafts as my irons. In the MIM wedges I have the new nippon modus 3 105 wedge shaft in them. I believe this is a slightly heavier shaft that is designed to pair well with my iron shafts. I can't wait to get them out for some head to head on the course to see if there is any difference in feel or performance. They do look sharp but I do love the design of the king black wedges as well.
53b8dc3bed0c0696127c8a50d03cd97a.jpg
6c322ca28aeba1c6b11bf0f7eda45cc8.jpg
db162bee12d73d322098daebd9c6a1ab.jpg
a7f04612affc675e6a32016376abcc70.jpg
61eb3df466fd4c631abaa105543f242c.jpg
62a9a64f198bd31b0e6c1c5e697397d1.jpg
d71487e23adf809db4f5429af8053ef8.jpg
fee53c316aa64cd218cc18d76d8c9aa4.jpg
38f6cda7aa972d3610b92a036fc46eb5.jpg

Tell me how much softer the MIMs are compared to blacks, when you get a chance

Tell me how much softer the MIMs are compared to blacks, when you get a chance
I absolutely will. Depending on when our guests leave I might sneak in some swings on my simulator as I'm itching to hit them!

I absolutely will. Depending on when our guests leave I might sneak in some swings on my simulator as I'm itching to hit them!

It’s after noon kick em out,
Time for golf! Lol

If anyone has a 54* on order, it looks like they are backordered~

If anyone has a 54* on order, it looks like they are backordered~
I ordered minutes after they listed on the site and got mine (54 & 58) in Friday. Hopefully they come into stock quickly. The left hand 60 degree was backordered the minute they went active.

I ordered minutes after they listed on the site and got mine (54 & 58) in Friday. Hopefully they come into stock quickly. The left hand 60 degree was backordered the minute they went active.

I just checked with Budget Golf and they are B/O until 4-30 and will be shipping out the first week in May.

Just finished taking my MIM out for it's first round. I really like the way it ball reacted and the minimal roll out that it got. I don't know much about the "versatile" grind, but it's perfect for the club. I only used it a few times but the times I used it, the feeling was like a smooth glide through the grass. I really like this club!

I had a chip-in eagle yesterday with this wedge. Could be between my ears but this club is very easy to line up with chips and the sole lets it glide through the grass easily. As far as softness goes, I really can't tell that much difference between this and my other wedges. I'll try and pay attention to that and see if there is a difference.

I played with a group for a guys bachelor party today and my short game was awesome with this. I had one chip-in, two that lipped out, and just about everything dancing around the hole and finishing inside a few feet

Another good day with the MIM wedges. I have the new shafts in the king black wedges but have not gotten a chance to hit them side by side yet. In a round at a tough course yesterday I found myself in three bunkers and got out of each of them. (one was on a downhill lie at the back of a bunker and it shot across the green but I was happy just to get out). It was my first time playing in fluffy sand in quite some time and my first shot out of the deep green-side bunker with the 54* got at least 15 feet in the air and hit and spin back a foot. It made me look like a much better bunker player than I am. I didn't hole out any of the chips but had several inside 2 feet for easy tap ins. On one par 3 where my ball was just off the back my playing partner was confused as to why I wasn't putting it. I took my 58* and threw a chip that landed just in front of the hole and lipped out. I have so much confidence in these and they still look great. I'll try to get a picture next time I have them out by they've held up well to the abuse I put them through.

Cobra MIM wedges

Good feedback. I still want to try these.

I had the MIM wedges in the bag today. These put some serious spin on the ball. Admittedly, the greens were receptive, but I don’t create huge spin on my wedges. Nipped my 50 degree wedge well and the ball landed about 12 feet past the pin and sucked back for this kick in birdie. I have noticed very good spin every time I have used them. They feel great and have a very versatile grind. I think they are a very solid offering. They definitely feel softer than the King Black wedges.

Attachments

• 706293CE-550E-4376-817E-645112B6278E.jpeg
    706293CE-550E-4376-817E-645112B6278E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back