Tiger,, finish the playing year and walk away?

As much as I dislike the guy, He's a shark that just got a taste of blood. No chance he walks away. He's going for more kills.

He likes winning too much, now he's tasted that feeling again at a major you bet he's hungry for it again

I dont know if anyone else noticed this? But is something I was feeling and at the same time a family member texted me a similar thought of his about the same thing.
There was a look on Tigers face that changed at some point about mid round. It was a look that went from one of being a tad stressed to all a sudden being one of 100% confidence. It was like at some point he just zoned in. And the facial muscles just seemed to change from tightness to confidence.

As for leaving this year? why should he or would he? But Im not him so only he knows. id like to see him have a real nice run for a couple seasons myself.

Have to think he’s more driven than ever to try and get to 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? That's not remotely possible unless he suffers another serious injury. Tiger was in excellent final round position to win each of the last three majors. I don't know Tiger either but right now, in HIS mind, 19 majors (or more) has to be a goal that HE'S going to achieve. Having just sealed the deal (and cracking a guy he couldn't just a few months ago at The Open) 19 has to look more achievable right now (to him) than it has in about a decade. WHY would he walk away NOW?

I don’t see any way that he quits, but It would be such a statement to his children if he did and became a soccer dad. In my mind, that would be total redemption, although I know I am in the minority in saying it.

Honestly,....Id bet right at this current moment hes not yet thinking anything much other than what he has been through the past several years and how great it must feel to win this. Physical and mental personal issues that hes been through for so so long and I really feel at the current moment he is simply enjoying it and feeling so proud as he seems to have worked through it all. It just personally for him has to be one the best feelings of his life right now considering all hes gone through and i cant imagine he thinking anything right now other than simply just soaking that up right now and at least for another little short while yet anyway.

With nothing left to prove other than catching Jack.. do you finish the season and walk into the sunset? On Top??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From a golf history perspective "catching Jack" is what matters.

It's pretty hard to believe that one of the most competitive and gifted athletes to ever walk the face of this Earth would walk away from his life-long goal just 4 wins away. I think Jack said it best, "if Tiger is healthy, he's got 40 more majors in him to play". Tiger will end his career the year he hits #19.

He's 6th in the World and is limiting his playing schedule to be ready for the tournaments he does enter, but more importantly the Majors.

He sees a guy like Bernhard Langer still compete and score under Par rounds at Augusta at his age...No reason why he can't continue playing The Masters for the next 10 years. Health permitting.

I think the goal of being #1 in the World is another benchmark he has set for himself.

So then why are we ok when our other favorite sports athletes after being torn up and put back together hang it up when seemingly healthy.
As in Football recently Rob Gronkowski walked away and no one was surprised. He just had a great season and won a Super bowl. Comparatively he and Tiger have been through similar injuries and surgeries which continued to hinder both of their careers. Yes they play wildly different sports yet their injuries were very similar.

Why wouldnt we have the same thought process of his walking away?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Football is a completely different animal when it comes to the toll it takes on your body. Tiger continuing to play golf does not give him potential for future concussions or blowing out a joint like football can. While they body part is similar in terms of injury. The route that they took to injure that body part is so different.

I don't know what Tiger is thinking. But, he is finally in top form. He played better this week off the tee than I have seen in oh so long. He is hitting fairways and carving up the course with his irons. Shaping the ball both ways. If he can get his putting down, watch out. I cannot imagine seeing him walking away when he is still in top form.

I honestly thought that Tiger was going to putt close on 18 to let the others finish out first before tapping in to win. The fact that he wanted to make that putt makes me think that he is only getting started.

As much as I dislike the guy, He's a shark that just got a taste of blood. No chance he walks away. He's going for more kills.
I just wanted to say, I "Thanked/Liked" this post, but then realized you said you disliked Tiger. You must know him better than I do because I don't know him well enough to like him. I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of the post though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He's 6th in the World and is limiting his playing schedule to be ready for the tournaments he does enter, but more importantly the Majors.

He sees a guy like Bernhard Langer still compete and score under Par rounds at Augusta at his age...No reason why he can't continue playing The Masters for the next 10 years. Health permitting.

I think the goal of being #1 in the World is another benchmark he has set for himself.
Won't be long until we see him at #1 again.

Not a chance. Too much reason to continue. He'll be playing as long as he still can walk.

This. ^^^ He's been playing since he could walk in the first place. No reason to believe he won't take it to the other end as well. I believe he'll play golf until he can't play golf.

Health permitting, there's no way Tiger calls it quits before 2021, when the U.S. Open is back at Torrey Pines and the Open is back at St. Andrews. No way he's missing an opportunity to have a final go at a major at two of his favorite courses.

quit now?..... I think he is just getting (re)started :)

I just don't see him leaving the tour anytime soon. The focus, determination and confidence he displayed yesterday is something I have not seen from him in a long time. I can't help but think he wants to play and continue to win. Just my 2 cents.

I just wanted to say, I "Thanked/Liked" this post, but then realized you said you disliked Tiger. You must know him better than I do because I don't know him well enough to like him. I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of the post though.

You don't have to "know" someone to have an opinion on them. You also don't have to like someone to respect their talent and abilities. :shrug:

He has been playing golf as long as he could walk. That is how he defines himself. He will play until he cannot physically play anymore. You see this with a lot of athletes not just him. And I hope he plays until he is 70. It is good for the game and probably good for him.

He has been playing golf as long as he could walk. That is how he defines himself. He will play until he cannot physically play anymore. You see this with a lot of athletes not just him. And I hope he plays until he is 70. It is good for the game and probably good for him.
I don't see him playing much on the senior tour. I think he'll play as long as he's competitive on the real Tour, then he'll retire and design courses, spend time with his kids, grandkids, etc.

I don't see him playing much on the senior tour. I think he'll play as long as he's competitive on the real Tour, then he'll retire and design courses, spend time with his kids, grandkids, etc.

I say he breaks Jack's record them moves on to Hale Irwin's!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I say he breaks Jack's record them moves on to Hale Irwin's!

Hale Irwin's?

Senior majors?

Hale Irwin's?

Senior majors?

Just keep the train rolling! Hale Irwin's 45 senior wins. Langer's senior major total. It's currently 10 (had to look it up as I'm not up to speed on my champions tour stats), which will probably go up yet.

So some think Tiger is actually going to play the Tour Champions eventually? I just don’t see it.

Back